Default Supergirl 10 Preview

I found the preview:

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...-supergirl-10/

Who is the blue woman under Magog?

This is Xa-du face before he became in Phantom Zone resident..

Y'know it's kind of funny that we've got Superman about to face off against a re-forming Revenge Squad while Supergirl will have to take on a new Fatal Five in her own book.

And I guess we finally know how the sorceress is...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Who is the blue woman under Magog?
    The character I've been waiting to see and will pick up the book for.

Brainiac 8 aka Indigo. Though admittedly what they'll use her as it up in the air I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The character I've been waiting to see and will pick up the book for.

Brainiac 8 aka Indigo. Though admittedly what they'll use her as it up in the air I suppose.
    Now I understand the Brainiac costume.. Brainiac 5(legion) is the only good brainiac.. no?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Now I understand the Brainiac costume.. Brainiac 5(legion) is the only good brainiac.. no?
    Depends on what you mean.

Brainiac 2 of L.E.G.I.ON is largely a hero but more for selfish reasons. Brainiac 3 aka 2's son is similarly a bit more heroic than his father.

Brainiac 4 in one continuity (Reboot Legion) was a cold villain while her equivalent in theClassic /Lightning Saga Legion who is B5'a FATHER was genuinely good and used the name prior to B5.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if we'll find out this issue who the woman in purple on the Supergirl Annual (the next issue after this in the arc) is. It doesn't seem to be Selena certainly.

Astonishing Member

That's a mighty team-up of villainous villains forming back on Earth. And Kara and Babs are stuck dealing with Xa-Du ... in the Phantom Zone. No freaking trifle, you know? Crap, Cyber-Zor-El and now this? Neither Kara nor Kal is having it easy in the Rebirth era. It's all A-List top villainy, all the time!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Good stuff.

Heavy on the Morrison, as per usual with Orlando. (Apollo & Midnighter had Subway Pirates and a revamped JLA-style Neron scenario, JLA itself is very Morrison-JLA-esque, just not with the Big Seven). But in new, interesting ways that are pretty nice. I'll say that the art irked me a little here today. Not because I don't like it, stylistically I really do and I want to see stuff like this so girls get into the core mainstream titles. But the irksome part simply comes from attempting to depict the terrifying nature of the Phantom King in that style. Because he looks really cool here - and Aethyropolis looks cool stylistically. And the Aetherships are slick and cool and a weird fusion of steam and cyberpunk. But like ... our first go with Phantom King after his initial "who's that scary guy?" in the Vyndktvx Revenge Squad Morrison arc was scary ... but the effing Travel Foreman Halloween issue of Action Comics that was the next one, and then his Pak appearance after that where he mucked around with Kandorians ... were properly scary scary.

But anyway, that's an art direction grievance and maybe my only one. I liked that Xa-Du can be depicted as Xa-Du Classic in the Phantom Zone scenes, even while he has to wear his ghost armor later to do damage. I liked Batgirl and Supergirl and that dude interacting. I like the heavy emphasis on Psi, who is a vintage Supergirl character. I like that Orlando took us to Limbo-Town, of all places, to find Selena. Strangely logical ... and close in proximity to those same Subway Pirates that Midnighter was handling, right? I even like how Xa-Du is constantly just like "UGH ... Jor-El's Niece. I hate your Uncle!" I'm so used to Superman dudes hating Superman's dad, and Supergirl foes hating Supergirl's dad, you forget that there's plenty of cross-cousin/aunt-uncle hate that can get thrown around.

Orlando also writes a pretty dope Batgirl. I hope he's a candidate if her title frees up down the line. I think he'd be a good fit, what with King on Batman and Seeley on Grayson.

Anything else? Solar-Tallow and Ecto-Wrappings are freaky deaky. Very excited to learn a bit more about Magog and Indigo's involvement.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com