Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

According to the wiki, Brother Eye was what Ra’s hacked into to discover the weaknesses of JLA members

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    According to the wiki, Brother Eye was what Ra’s hacked into to discover the weaknesses of JLA members
    I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.

Well, and believe me I think this source is garbage and not reputable at all, they point to Ra's Al Ghul as being involved as well https://whatculture.com/comics/10-ti...iliated?page=8

Batman stole the idea from Prometheus. He did it first and would've been successful if he wasn't such a narcissist. Batman somehow after felt he could make plans of his own wasn't even polite enough to give Prometheus credit for inspiration.

Batman doesn't trust anyone. It follows that no one should trust him.

Having contingencies for when some of the most powerful beings on Earth become mind-controlled, body swapped, etc? Yeah. Why not. Bruce not even bothering to tell the League he had them (not necessarily what they were) though, was a jerk move. And nearly got all of them killed.

Yes, it was Ra's that hijacked the plans. Which means that, despite claiming the Bat Computer is state of the art, it can be easily hacked. And it was Bruce that made most of the plans, which Ra's only had to slightly modify.

I don't think it really speaks to negligence or the security of the Batcomputer that the plans were taken. Although, it may depend on if we're talking about the movie or the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't think making the plans themselves was wrong, but Batman was uncharacteristically sloppy in allowing the fact that he had such plans to be known. Storing the data in the Batcomputer was an obvious no no. The plans should have been in his head alone, or on a medium that the likes of Ra's Al Ghul would likely overlook (e.g. baked into Alfred's cookies or something).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This. Nothing wrong with contingences in case your far more powerful teammates get mind controlled. But he was written as overlooking some major flaws in the execution of the plan so it could be compromised.
    Power with Girl is better.

Empty is thy hand!

The Silver Age miniseries is referenced in Tower of Babel as a cause for Batman needing contingency plans and it's perfectly valid. Identity Crisis made it "personal," but the potential threat was always there.

I don't think it really speaks to negligence or the security of the Batcomputer that the plans were taken. Although, it may depend on if we're talking about the movie or the comic.
    When it happens more than once and results in actual or near deaths, it does become a problem with security on Bruce's part. Especially, since he never told anyone else he even had these plans which might have helped better secure them. Oracle, for instance, knows a thing or too about computer hacking, so she might have been able to strengthen Bruce's firewalls. Will Magnus has forgotten more about AIs than Bruce would ever know so he would have been someone to consult on what not to do when it came to Brother Eye.

I'd say he was right to make backup plans. They often fight villians who could mind control them or encounter Doppelgangers etc. So creating backup plans is a pragmatic course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When it happens more than once and results in actual or near deaths, it does become a problem with security on Bruce's part
    Fans may like to say so, but Bruce can’t account for everything. How’s he supposed to stop Mirror Master? Eliminate all mirrors? MM was like one of the only people with a unique enough skill set to avoid Bruce’s security.

Fans may like to say so, but Bruce can’t account for everything.
    All the more reason why he alone should not be trying to police the entire superhero community let alone trying to make contingencies against the League.

How’s he supposed to stop Mirror Master? Eliminate all mirrors? MM was like one of the only people with a unique enough skill set to avoid Bruce’s security.
    Mirror Master was not involved in Tower of Babel. That was only the case in the animated film.

Hey I gave you the opportunity to make clear whether we were talking about the movie or the comic, you elected not to do so. Therefore, both were fair game.

As for the other point, Batman is an adult who is extremely capable. It’s not like anyone gave him permission to do this, but he has the free choice to do, as does any other hero. As Batman himself said, if you can’t see the reason for why these plans were necessary and, indeed, wouldn’t do the same thing yourself, you’re a damn fool.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

When was the last time batman was wrong in anything?