Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman 24 Preview

And the story continues!...two issues left...I do hope this somehow ends with them managing to subvert the "rule" and get to Themyscira anyway. It would really suck in a comic like this if the conclusion is just "Well, they tried to do the thing, but then they failed to do the thing and there's nothing anyone can do about it and everyone is super sad, the end."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm curious to see how this is going to be collected in trade in a way that makes sense. "The Truth" is solicited as collecting the odd numbered issues, but this is a direct continuation of #23. The stories intertwining and merging at the end was cool in a serialized way, but this might be a pain in the ass to put into trade paperback.

Very interested to see what Cale is going to do from now on. Things could go either way for her. #25 shows Dr. Cyber looking larger and far more menacing, so maybe Veronica will let things go while Adrianna will continue to be a menace?

"I could go off and grab Cheetah for her own sake and the sake of others but...eh, would rather snuggle with my boy toy. I'll do it tomorrow maybe."

So interesting the merging of the two.25 issues seems to weave all of the arcs into a understanding.

"I do, as well...?"

When, "Me too," would've done just fine. I'm choking it down, but, I hate that Diana's back to talking, like a robot or a TV alien, instead of a Sandra Bullock character.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    "I do, as well...?"

When, "Me too," would've done just fine. I'm choking it down, but, I hate that Diana's back to talking, like a robot or a TV alien, instead of a Sandra Bullock character.
    That's simply a more formal way of speech. It fits the character's regal bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    That's simply a more formal way of speech. It fits the character's regal bearing.
    Since when does Wonder Woman need to be so prissy and proper? Golden Age Wonder Woman was as much a princess, as this one, but spoke, pretty much, like regular folks. I understand that she's an Amazon princess, but, I think it's how she uses her Amazon training and knowledge to protect the world and destroy her enemies ..is what's most important to us. The prissy speech...what's it for?

I'm just not sure she needs this or how it makes her more accessible, as a character.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-10-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Well, I guess Cale's been through enough that there wouldn't be any point in arresting her for her Godwatch activities, but it feels kind of weird to just let her go after everything she's done.

I'm guessing this run is going to end with Cheetah in the wind and ambiguously in an anti-villain role for the next writer to pick up on.

I am kinda curious what kind of note Rucka is going to end the book on and what he'll leave behind. Does feel kind of fitting to bring in one of the past era artists to do a present-day story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    "I do, as well...?"

Well, if you want a Diana with sass there's always Rachel Kimsey on Justice League Action .

Hopefully when the new run starts we see a more Chris Pine-like approach to drawing Steve. Less beefcake, no beard, maybe darken his hair just a taste. I'm rarely an advocate for movie synergy but in this case? When it comes to a character who was never popular in the comics but whose representation in a current blockbuster film is? Then I'm for copying.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hopefully when the new run starts we see a more Chris Pine-like approach to drawing Steve. Less beefcake, no beard, maybe darken his hair just a taste. I'm rarely an advocate for movie synergy but in this case? When it comes to a character who was never popular in the comics but whose representation in a current blockbuster film is? Then I'm for copying.
    It would be nice to look at Steve and not constantly think of Green Arrow .

Although I do wonder if the next writer will have as many shirtless Steve scenes...

She walks?

After God (and Goddess) knows how many acts of terrorism, and murders, up to and including treason, she walks?!

(Okay, flies ... )

Frankly speaking, I'm not surprised that Rucka's letting another one of his pet characters off the hook for her crimes.

Although, I am curious as to why the rest of the gods couldn't break that curse? Or, was it a form of divine retribution for Dr. Cale's crimes?

Or, perhaps, making sure a young woman isn't raised by a criminal mother?
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 06-10-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: More reasons

This story is so sad. I feel for Cale, but...she did a lot of messed up stuff and just ran away...
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    This story is so sad. I feel for Cale, but...she did a lot of messed up stuff and just ran away...
    I'm wondering if the reason they seem so comfortable letting her go is that they know there are authorities ready to pick her up the moment she lands back in the US?

Not that I wouldn't be surprised if Rucka doesn't go in that direction...