Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: DC Black Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The Justice League of Earth-23 is primarily a black League with the exception of Batman and Red Tornado.

Amazing Man, Batman, Black Lightning, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Manhattan Guardian, Mister Miracle (presumably Shilo Norman), Red Tornado, Steel, Superman, Vixen, Wonder Woman (Nubia), Zatanna (possibly Conjura). You could throw in Northwind/Hawkman, Bumblebee/Atom, Cal Durham/Aquaman and Firestorm (Jason Rusch).
    One of the great things about Multiversity was all the teams and groups they introduced, but then nothing has been done with them...

I'd love to see the team on Earth 23 have more adventures. Having the Superman of Earth 23 being the President of the U.S. is an intriguing idea - tons to explore there.

(But I'm also the guy who wants to have a re-rebirthed Earth 3 and a title that follows the Crime Syndicate, a title that's set on Earth-11, and I'd love to see DC play around with the characters on the Marvel pastiche world of Earth 8. Considering Marvel's use of the Squadron Supreme, Imperial Guard, etc. over time, some turnabout is fair play.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-21-2018 at 08:35 AM.

I hope that Milestone actually gets to come back this year and with more than just a few one-shots. Let all the characters come back with minis and ongoing series.

don't mind me, just showing some love to DC's black heroes:

The Signal

Bloodwynd

The Crimson Avenger
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Virtue

Azrael/Michael Lane

Jakeem "J.J." Thunder
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Virtue

Azrael/Michael Lane

Jakeem "J.J." Thunder
    Virtue! Man I miss "The Movement". Such an underrated series imo. Simone is amazing and I wish she had gotten more issues to work with. I think she could have built some lasting characters. I don't think any of them have shown up anywhere since the series ended, have they?

Mighty Member

This thread honestly needs a recommended reading section. I had know idea there was a black Azrael
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    This thread honestly needs a recommended reading section. I had know idea there was a black Azrael
    "The Movement" by Gail Simone is a very overlooked and pretty obscure title that I highly recommend. It's only two volumes (unfortunately) so it's a quick read. It has a very interesting and varied cast of characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    There was a mini and then an 18 issues series. SO I think there are 4 trades. He came around towards the move to New 52.