Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DC Black Heroes

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That looks good. I haven't read anything Legion for some time. I'll have to get this.
    The series itself was not that great to be honest. It was about half the team being stuck in the present day and believed dead by the rest of the Legion. The only bright spot about it was that the whole cast was made up of the latter members of the team. Tyroc, Timerbwolf, Wildfire, Dawnstar, Tellus, Chameleon Girl, and Gates were the stars.

Mighty Member

What's been going on with Batwing/Luke Fox?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    What's been going on with Batwing/Luke Fox?
    He pretty much spent all of 'Tec either as wallpaper or the other half of the JPV/Luke bromance, right up until the final issue where Tynion had him retire from cape duty off-panel.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I bet Tamara Fox well Post-Crisis Tamara Fox anyway would have been more interesting as Batwing. Well maybe anyway.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    He pretty much spent all of 'Tec either as wallpaper or the other half of the JPV/Luke bromance, right up until the final issue where Tynion had him retire from cape duty off-panel.
    Ugh! It just makes me appreciate his New 52 series even more. Sure it wasn't the best but I found it entertaining and at least something was being done with him. I guess we'll see him as cannon fodder for the next event or just completely forgotten.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Ugh! It just makes me appreciate his New 52 series even more. Sure it wasn't the best but I found it entertaining and at least something was being done with him. I guess we'll see him as cannon fodder for the next event or just completely forgotten.
    Hopefully they at least let the poor guy live. DC definitely has a problem when it comes to the treatment of black BatFamily members. Orpheus? Killed off-panel. Onyx? Disappeared without a trace. Michael Lane? Same as Onyx. David? Completely shafted for Luke. Luke? Retired off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Hope (EMPRESS) Anita Fite would make a return soon.loved her in the YOUNG JUSTICE series.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Attachment 50418

Art by Luciano Vecchio
    Shame most of these characters have been M.I.A or underused since new 52.
    Very cool pic.

Vixen looks awesome.

Really hope they don't drop Bumblebee from the Titans books.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Hope (EMPRESS) Anita Fite would make a return soon.loved her in the YOUNG JUSTICE series.
    She'll always be one of my favorites. I'll forever maintain that she and Slobo could have been huge if not for DiDio's hatred of Young Justice and his desire for their only be 'iconic' characters in Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post

Really hope they don't drop Bumblebee from the Titans books.
    We already know she isn't in either of the team rosters.

I just read David Zavimbe's Batwing run and yo.....DC WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! Why did they shelf him. They have a whole world behind him they could work with. Smh ge need a Rebirth for David, making him his own hero. DC's shifting towards international characters, now would be the perfect time to revamp their african superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just read David Zavimbe's Batwing run and yo.....DC WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! Why did they shelf him. They have a whole world behind him they could work with. Smh ge need a Rebirth for David, making him his own hero. DC's shifting towards international characters, now would be the perfect time to revamp their african superheroes.
    They really should create a more unique identity for David so he isn't seen as just the African Batman.
    This way we could have both Luke and David as active heroes. I have no idea why Tynion decided to shelve Luke, it felt so pointless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Attachment 50418

Art by Luciano Vecchio
    Shame most of these characters have been M.I.A or underused since new 52.
    Woot, Finally Val Zod gets some credit. Though I do wonder where Duke is from The Signal. His mini series sold pretty well and he's transitioning to Outsiders so he's getting some panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They really should create a more unique identity for David so he isn't seen as just the African Batman.
    This way we could have both Luke and David as active heroes. I have no idea why Tynion decided to shelve Luke, it felt so pointless.
    That's what irritates me about David, they close his story making that exact point. His reason for retiring was that being Batman doesn't work everywhere and that David has to fight crime his own way. With all the metahumans and cool supporting characters they introduced for him, it feels like they were going to do something with him but nope. -sigh- hopefully they'll do something with him now that Doomsday Clock is shifting DC toward international superheroes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Woot, Finally Val Zod gets some credit. Though I do wonder where Duke is from The Signal. His mini series sold pretty well and he's transitioning to Outsiders so he's getting some panel time.
    That was done before him.

I would probably say that was made around 2013. I know have seen this before.