Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Dixon

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Chuck Dixon is THE MAN!

His run on the Bat Titles was the best era to me. Every relationships were accurate and interesting, great characterization.
    Robin, Nightwing, Huntress at their best!

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's a good question - I have difficulty checking out some of his other stuff, because I'm just not invested in those properties, but I have enjoyed his novels.
    I understand! I'm really trying to follow good writing instead of characters. It helps me from not being attached to things that don't matter and it keeps me open-minded. Emphasis on trying.

I haven't read any! Do you have any recommendations?
    Good soldier, good soldier.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Heart View Post
    I understand! I'm really trying to follow good writing instead of characters. It helps me from not being attached to things that don't matter and it keeps me open-minded. Emphasis on trying.

I haven't read any! Do you have any recommendations?
    Totally get that - I follow both Dixon and Rucka on a lot of their stuff, but it really depends on how much their concept works for me as well.

I've read his Winterworld novel (amusingly, I've not read any of the comics), and the first two Levon Cade novels. They're very solid hard-boiled survival/action type books. Dixon describes the Levon Cade books as his version of the Punisher, and I'd say that's fair enough. I just bought a ton of his time travelleing military group books, the Bad Times series, because it was on sale, so I look forward to reading those sometime.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Totally get that - I follow both Dixon and Rucka on a lot of their stuff, but it really depends on how much their concept works for me as well.

I've read his Winterworld novel (amusingly, I've not read any of the comics), and the first two Levon Cade novels. They're very solid hard-boiled survival/action type books. Dixon describes the Levon Cade books as his version of the Punisher, and I'd say that's fair enough. I just bought a ton of his time travelleing military group books, the Bad Times series, because it was on sale, so I look forward to reading those sometime.
    Thanks a bunch! I really need to read more novels. My attention span is awful, but I'm going to work on it! I marked those down to read!

J.R.R. Tolkein, Flannery O'Connor, and C.S. Lewis are who I think of when I think of my favorite novelists. I love Chuck Dixon, and maybe after I read them, he'll join the list!
    Good soldier, good soldier.