Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say he was THE figure in Batman history.

No one can think Batman without him popping up first. Then Kevin Conroy & Michael Keaton.

For years before Keaton-he was Batman from the show to most of the cartoons.
    I think Michael before Kevin, if we are talking the mainstream audience, which is what the 60's Batman did, push Batman into mainstream. Because Michael is from the movies which people have seen plus, well he's Michael Keaton. People know the "voice" of the cartoon don't know who Kevin is.

Regardless, sad, sad day. The Batman 66 comics are based off this show.

Extraordinary Member

I remember a time when it was more common to dismiss that show or claim it ruined Batman by making fun of him. I'm glad West lived long enough to see that attitude become less common and to see more people embrace his show as a valid approach to Batman.

The "Gray Ghost" episode of Batman: The Animated Series , along with his appearance on The Simpsons around the same time, helped make it clear just how influential he was on the people who watched his show as kids, plus it gave him a new career doing voice work and self-parody.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Best Christmas ever as a kid was getting the Adam West Batman action figure and George Barris designed Batmobile. RIP Mr. West.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Watching Batman on the TV alongside dad and my sibling. Laughing at the cornbally-ness of it all. Enjoying the parodies he voiced for.

RIP, Mr. Batman West.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Out of no where man. RIP.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

RIP Mr. West.

Thank you for bringing Batman to life and inspiring millions with the heart and enthusiasm you brought to the role, as well as the happiness you brought to children everywhere.

Truly upsetting news. I'll never forget Adam West beating a rubber shark off his leg, dangling from the Bat Ladder. That image is ingrained into my memory. I first watched the Batman 66 movie when I was a kid off of a blank VHS tape thanks to my dad (skipping frames and all). It wasn't until later did I go back and watch the show in it's entirety. What an opportunity to bring Batman to the mainstream. He did such a wonderful job, and he will be missed I'm sure, for not only his acting, but his sense of humor and charm. They don't make 'em like they used to.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

I've never watched his shows (I'm far too young, being born in 1991 and all), but still, it's an important parts of Batman's history which goes away with him.I'll remember him as the Bruce of Earth_1. May he rests in peace.

Rest in peace Mr West.

Incredible Member

Adam West was my introduction to Batman, super heroes and comic books. It has been a lifelong hobby for me ever since.

RIP, Mr. West.

movie_044.jpg
    so sad......
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Incredible Member

Live action, animated, tv, or film....no one can deny that Adam West played a HUGE part in Batman's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    I'll never forget Adam West beating a rubber shark off his leg, dangling from the Bat Ladder. That image is ingrained into my memory.
    For myself, it is the "Some Days You Just Can't Get Rid of a Bomb" scene that first comes to mind. Deeply saddened by his passing.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Man that sucks, RIP. I was lucky enough to watch reruns of the classic show as a kid. I'll always remember him fondly for his distinct articulation, unsurpassed class, and earnest conveyance of emotion. His rendition of Batman's detective mind and moral guidance & mentorship to Robin definitely stuck with me. An undeniable legend and iconic carrier of the mantle who brought happiness to countless people, both directly as an actor and indirectly as a pioneer of the genre and television in general. May he rest in peace.

Retired

When I was a seven year old boy in January 1966, as far as I was aware Batman had never existed before. But as soon as he appeared on our black & white TV, he was everything to me. Every waking moment of the day. I was obsessed and had to get every Bat-thing I could put my hands on. You tell me that hero was Adam West, but I know the truth he is Batman. And Batman never dies.