Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you Believe That They Plan Another Reboot After Doomsday Clock Wraps Up?

Do you think that they plan yet another reboot (since NEW 52 didn't performed as they hoped so) or do they plan a full Watchmen Intergration into DC?

BANNED

Well, Doomsday Clock isn't the end of Rebirth, as far as we know, so it definitely won't be coming after that. I don't think they'll do another reboot, and The only way I'd want a reboot would be if it brought back most of Post-Crisis continuity. DEFINITELY don't want Watchmen Integration.

I don't think it'll be another reboot, but it might be another continuity overhaul to some degree.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Rebirth itself is a soft reboot. Reboots don't follow each other that closely and it wouldn't make any sense. It's going to likely conclude the ongoing incorporation of pre-Flashpoint story elements. Then again Johns says there is only Doomsday Clock and that there won't be any crossovers, so I don't know.

Can somebody take all the "Will DC reboot again after Rebirth?" threads and combine them into one mucking sticky-thread?

We just had one that had its last post a week ago . . .

I think after the event is over, there won't be any Watchmen related characters lingering around in the DCU for an 'integration'.
    And, no, I don't think there will be a reboot.
    I'm guessing there will be a new Secret Origins series, Who's Who or a JL: Generations type series to clarify things, though.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think after the event is over, there won't be any Watchmen related characters lingering around in the DCU for an 'integration'.
    And, no, I don't think there will be a reboot.
    I'm guessing there will be a new Secret Origins series, Who's Who or a JL: Generations type series to clarify things, though.
    Of course, you would have thought they would have done that at the beginning of the New52, but . . .

I hope not this early...

If anything I'd expect more of a de-boot.

Fantastic Member

i think after rebirth we'll have continuity that goes as far back as before the crisis to present day...after AC #1000 i expect to see supes.Diana, and bats getting original numbering back.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Probably and hopefully a fixed timeline. The timeline in Prime Earth is so messy.

Its DC. You can practically set your clock to them Rebooting the Universe.

Rebirth *is* a reboot. Doomsday Clock is part of that (dragged out) story. So no, they wont reboot with Doomsday Clock, they're already doing it.

And yes, as far as I am concerned this is a reboot. Its not the New52 continuity anymore. Its not the post-Crisis continuity. Its a weird mish-mash of both, with a little pre-Crisis sprinkled on top it seems. So while the broad strokes might resemble certain parts of post-Crisis, it'll still be different enough to justify calling it a new continuity. So its a reboot.

I figure we'll have at least seven years before the next one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Its DC. You can practically set your clock to them Rebooting the Universe.
    Really?

How many complete reboots (not just changes in one or two characters) have they had so far, and when did they happen? (Yes, I expect you to list them since you seem to claim they're frequent. Give me at least the last ten . . . )

I know that's not directed at me, but let's see.....

You can probably argue that the DCU was rebooted after Barry and Hal arrived and brought the Silver Age and multiverse with them. At the least it was a line-wide retcon that split the Golden Age from the (then) modern Age, with the Trinity and a few hold overs like Aquaman and Arrow sharing experiences on both worlds.

COIE of course.

New52.

I dont think Zero Hour counts, since that was just supposed to clean up the mess Crisis left.

Infinite Crisis was basically a reboot even if they didn't relaunch all their books. A lot of pre-Crisis stuff found its way home so I think it counts.

Rebirth is a reboot as far as Im concerned, its just a conservative reboot instead of a wild, throw-it-all-at-the-wall reboot.

Other than that? I think we're just looking at tweaks and adjustments to individual franchises.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.