Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Youngblood surprise me

Yes I am a closet Youngblood fan and so surprise that I saw two issues in two months, but I'm not getting my hopes up unless I see issue 12 in 2018 then I'll be excited lol.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

But it still felt like it was forever since issue 1 came out. I still don't know if the comic is gonna be any good, but as long as there is no interference from Liefeld, it should be okay.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Astonishing Member

Cynicism aside, I've read the first 2 issues, and I liked what I saw.

I'm a fan of stories like these that feature a new iteration coming to its own and such. Not-Sentinel seems like he's rife for some development down the line, and poor Shaft really doesn't want to go down the Youngblood road again. Badrock, does, though.

I look forward to issue 3.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-05-2017 at 02:22 PM.

I have the first two issues but haven't read them yet. I have faith in the creative team though.

Astonishing Member

Just like most properties there are fans of all the eras, I personally was the most invested in was the original. I want to see more Combat, Diehard, Sentinel, Photon, Chapel and the eventual war with Psi-Fire. If Image would either bring those members back or do a retro title from back then (with a little Dutch and Prophet thrown in), that would be the book I would be most invested in.

I loved issue #1. I haven't picked up #2 yet, but I will.

Personally I've never read a Youngblood series before, which probably didn't help when it came to the older members and the history about them, but I personally liked this team of characters and generally enjoyed what I read.

I look forward to seeing more about this team and who they are.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The first two issues are a good start. Personally I would have liked to see them finish all the story lines they left unfinished, especially Chapel's story in the last issue of the last series.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I've never read a Youngblood series before, which probably didn't help when it came to the older members and the history about them, but I personally liked this team of characters and generally enjoyed what I read.

I look forward to seeing more about this team and who they are.
    I'm in the same boat. I knew OF Youngblood back then. Was familiar with their appearance. But never actually read them. So this is kind of neat for me. I'm getting introduced to the new and old at the same time. Either way, I've loved the first two issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I knew OF Youngblood back then. Was familiar with their appearance. But never actually read them. So this is kind of neat for me. I'm getting introduced to the new and old at the same time. Either way, I've loved the first two issues.
    I'm the same

Saw loads about them in the 90s but stuck with marvel or DC

Loving this book right now, issue 4 was great and it's really one of the best team books published right now

Also like the Y logo on the uniforms and tops, very 90s

so i just finished the first arc (#1-6). some background (and spoilers for the first six issues):

i never could get into the original youngblood, i suppose i was more of a jim lee fanboy and considered myself a wildstorm kid. so i didn't really start reading the extreme studios stuff until alan moore's supreme run, when maximum press turned into awesome comics. i really loved his supreme, and the short short short-lived moore/skroce youngblood series is one of those "if i had a billion dollars to throw around, i'd pay the creators to bring it back" books. once awesome comics folded, i quietly left the extreme universe and haven't really visited until this newest youngblood relaunch.

1. the guy standing next to sentinel in #2, when sentinel is discussing business with the byrne twins, kinda/sorta looked like he was wearing the agent: america/fighting american outfit. i realize it was probably just a coincidence, and i know that liefeld doesn't own the rights to fighting american anymore, but have there been any attempts to use agent: america in the extreme universe? i think legally liefeld was allowed to use him way back in the day so long as he never threw his shield, wasn't sure if there were ever any attempts to do so once the fighting american rights lapsed.

2. "the book" at the end of youngblood #1 -- that's totally storybook smith's book from alan moore's judgement day mini-series, right?

3. can anyone give a quick rundown on supreme? have i missed anything from the end of erik larsen's short supreme run and the beginning of youngblood? i assumed the character in this series was suprema, but she keeps calling herself supreme, and i wasn't sure if i missed something that resulted in her confused mental state or if that's just a mystery that was planted and we'll be figuring it out as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    3. can anyone give a quick rundown on supreme? have i missed anything from the end of erik larsen's short supreme run and the beginning of youngblood? i assumed the character in this series was suprema, but she keeps calling herself supreme, and i wasn't sure if i missed something that resulted in her confused mental state or if that's just a mystery that was planted and we'll be figuring it out as time goes on.
    Well, after Larsen's SUPREME there was another reality revision, which resulted in Warren Ellis' SUPREME BLUE ROSE miniseries (no, don't ask me to explain that one, it was weird, even by Ellis' standards), and that series ended with another revision beginning. It would appear that this new "Supreme" is the result of either that last revision or perhaps another one that happened before the new Youngblood series began. The details of this are still waiting to be revealed in the series. So far all we know is this "Supreme" appears to be the previous Suprema who has retained some memories of her past life and history with Youngblood, although the others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    Well, after Larsen's SUPREME there was another reality revision, which resulted in Warren Ellis' SUPREME BLUE ROSE miniseries (no, don't ask me to explain that one, it was weird, even by Ellis' standards), and that series ended with another revision beginning.
    Gorgeous series by the way, but yeah it was a bit opaque for sure. Personally I liked those super different takes on the Extreme Studios characters (Sophie Campbell's version of Glory was built like a tank), so the new Youngblood hasn't exactly piqued my interest. The covers weirdly remind me of Steve McNiven's Guardians of the Galaxy though, which is a major compliment. Good to see the fans have another new, decent Youngblood series.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

I will never forgive Diehard for what he did ...
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Amazing Member

Just wanted to throw in my two cents and say that the new series is one I've consistently enjoyed since its launch. It's a colorful and refreshing super hero book. A little nostalgia for old fans...but the story stands on its own and follows a number of new characters. In short...I really like it and would love for more people to check it out. I don't see it on the shelves everywhere and I'll be super bummed if it ends up cancelled in a few months due to a lack of awareness