Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by amharner View Post
    Casey's story ran for eight issues and ended on a cliffhanger. Rob took over and jettisoned the plot entirely to tell a story that focused on newly elected President Obama. Said story also went unfinished as the book was promptly cancelled.
    Was it ever actually cancelled? These books just tend to stop, with no warning, at any given time, hence a lot of our concern in general, and also with the loss of Towe.

Amazing Member

Was it ever actually cancelled? These books just tend to stop, with no warning, at any given time, hence a lot of our concern in general, and also with the loss of Towe.
    Good point. And issue #12 was supposed to ship the 6th. Place your bets on it ever coming out at all?

Quote Originally Posted by amharner View Post
    Good point. And issue #12 was supposed to ship the 6th. Place your bets on it ever coming out at all?
    Pushed back to July 11....

Now Aug 22....
    Last edited by md62; 07-18-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Amazing Member

Fingers crossed. I see the solicit for issue #14 is up on Image's website as well...seems like good news.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/youngblood-14

Well, Dutch is obviously on the table as a usable character, unless that was a specially organised gag in Bloodstrike, so I REALLY hope we get a chance to see him in the main YB book. Or even better, leading his own, proper, Team Youngblood. That's already established.

Amazing Member

An update...

https://www.newsarama.com/41226-youn...ics-event.html

This, of course, doesn't address what will happen to the currently solicited issue #12. Sigh. At least something is still being produced. I think.

God dammit, Rob. Just... damn it.

right around the collapse of Awesome Comics i really thought there would come a day that liefeld would shrug his flaky persona and steadily produce content. i am a very stupid man.

that said, anything tied to liefeld that gets past #4 is some sort of victory, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    right around the collapse of Awesome Comics i really thought there would come a day that liefeld would shrug his flaky persona and steadily produce content. i am a very stupid man.

that said, anything tied to liefeld that gets past #4 is some sort of victory, anyhow.
    It's sad that 11 is a 20 year record.

Amazing Member

It's sad that 11 is a 20 year record.
    As a number of the previously aborted runs had strong creative teams and were actually fun comics...it's a real shame.

And nothing new on the Image website about Blood War. Assuming Rob has bailed to focus on the rumored X-Men project with Marvel.

which is crazy frustrating, because i've found time and again that i don't need rob liefeld's involvement to enjoy a rob liefeld property.

Boy, Linkara’s gonna have a field day regarding this news.
    Pull List: Currently Empty