Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    That's what seemed obvious to me, so people will still look to DC and their movieverse for what they're gonna do in response to Black Panther, are they gonna use Cyborg or someone better.
    Honestly as long as DC can't even make successful movies with their biggest characters, they should probably not do some based of their smaller ones.

BANNED

They should pay no attention to Black Panther. They should worry about making no more movies that lose a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    They should pay no attention to Black Panther. They should worry about making no more movies that lose a fortune.
    Amen. Trying to hop on the Marvel money train only further cemented WB's incompetence towards superhero movies. Time to do their own thang.

If they wanted to make an impact of that magnitude, they'd have to make a live-action Static film. Scrap the plans for a web series and go full on motion picture. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    That's what seemed obvious to me, so people will still look to DC and their movieverse for what they're gonna do in response to Black Panther, are they gonna use Cyborg or someone better.

I mean most people don't even believe a Cyborg movie will ever happen despite the reassurance that DC still plans to do a Cyborg movie and those individuals felt validated in feeling that way when DC released the list of movies they're actually planning to work on.

To me Cyborg is gonna be the Black Widow of the DCEU, a character who until recently didn't have her own movie but kept popping up in everybody elses **** ...only I don't think he'll be given the opportunity to appear in anyone elses movie outside of the Flash.
    I think they should just stop feeling the need to "respond" to anything Marvel does. No more "They started their shared universe, let's do ours", "They did their own superhero team-up film, let's rush ours", "They have their black-led film, let's go after them". Enough with that, they only lost millions and hurt the image of the biggest DC characters in the process. Constantly being reactionary clearly isn't doing anything for WB, time to start being smart about what they do and how they do it. Shazam could be a good start.

And if critics are going to get on DC's case for "not responding to Marvel", they would be hypocrites because they are the ones who constantly hammer them for trying to emulate Marvel and failing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-24-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think they should just stop feeling the need to "respond" to anything Marvel does. No more "They started their shared universe, let's do ours", "They did their own superhero team-up film, let's rush ours", "They have their black-led film, let's go after them". Enough with that, they only lost millions and hurt the image of the biggest DC characters in the process. Constantly being reactionary clearly isn't doing anything for WB, time to start being smart about what they do and how they do it. Shazam could be a good start.

And if critics are going to get on DC's case for "not responding to Marvel", they would be hypocrites because they are the ones who constantly hammer them for trying to emulate Marvel and failing.
    I like the sentiment invoked about being reactionary and is part of my point. Marvel cinematic universe was very deliberate about supporting and empowering a strong black male character, pulling no punches and i think it shows in the product they are about to release. When you truly back it the right way and take it serious fans will buy in. I only need to point to Blade. The movie creators took this black male character serious and the content serious and it worked out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Warner Bros. did trump Disney with Wonder Woman, the first successful female superhero blockbuster. Now Disney has to play catch-up with Captain Marvel and apparently they are also going to do a Black Widow movie.
    No doubt both will be compared to Wonder Woman instead of on their own merits. Meanwhile WB has Batgirl in the works and either Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens, depending on which source you trust. Even Sony is
    doing a Silver and Black movie that could be out before Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Warner Bros. did trump Disney with Wonder Woman, the first successful female superhero blockbuster. Now Disney has to play catch-up with Captain Marvel and apparently they are also going to do a Black Widow movie.
    No doubt both will be compared to Wonder Woman instead of on their own merits. Meanwhile WB has Batgirl in the works and either Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens, depending on which source you trust. Even Sony is
    doing a Silver and Black movie that could be out before Captain Marvel.
    I get that and I do give them props for WW, I'm saying competition for WB shouldn't be to try to get one over on Marvel or do it better than they did. They should just mind their own business and concern themselves with making good comic book movies, not observing what the other camp is doing. Same goes for Disney and Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Meanwhile WB has Batgirl in the works and either Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens, depending on which source you trust...
    I actually doubt any of these are still in the works. I don't believe Birds Of Prey ever seriously was.

Extraordinary Member

Let's not forget ant-man and the wasp coming out this year.

Extraordinary Member

Silver and Black by the way are still marvel movies.
    Those are marvel characters.
    It will not be a marvel studio movie but it still will be a marvel movie.

Silver & Black
    On August 4, 2014, according to Deadline, Sony is eyeing a 2017 release for a potential untitled Female centered spin-off movie with Lisa Joy Nolan writing. On March 22, 2017, Sony Pictures has enlisted Chris Yost to pen the script for their second upcoming Spider-Man spin-off film, which will center around popular supporting players Black Cat and Silver Sable. In June 2017, Amy Pascal this film, along with Venom will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    Silver & Black | Marvel Movies
    http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_%26_Black

Note-
    The x-men movies for example are still marvel movies too,just not marvel studio movies.
    The characters are marvel characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Vixen isn't that powerfull (appart from the short time when her powers were changed and she stole the powers of her team mates).
    Vixen has all of the powers/abilities of the ENTIRE animal kingdom. Why do you say she isn't that powerful?

Extraordinary Member

Updated list of recent and upcoming black led and other poc led movies.
    Dwyane Johnson Emily Blut Superhero Movie Ball And Chain Goes To Netflix

The Darkest Minds

Amandla Stenberg as Ruby Daly
    The Darkest Minds is a 2018 American dystopian superhero drama film directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, and written by Chad Hodge, based on Alexandra Bracken's young adult novel of the same name.
    The main character is Ruby (played by Amandla Stenburg), who is to be an orange and has the ability to manipulate and control minds.
    The Darkest Minds | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Extraordinary Member

THE MAIN EVENT Official Trailer (2020)
    A superhero wrestling film.
    The Main Event is a 2020 American comedy film directed by Jay Karas,
    from a screenplay by Larry Postel and starring Seth Carr, Tichina
    Arnold, Ken Marino and Adam Pally. It was released on April 10, 2020,
    by Netflix.
    THE MAIN EVENT Official Trailer (2020) Wrestling, Netflix Movie HD

Last edited by mace11; 05-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Raising Dion | Official Trailer | Netflix