Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Big Hero 6 is a animated superhero film that is mostly people of color.
    By the way they are having a upcoming series.

There have been alot of asian superhero films too.
    When i mean asian it's not only east asian,but it's south asian etc..

IMDb: Asian Superhero Movies - a list by AlienatorX
    http://www.imdb.com/list/ls076221569/

There is more that is not on the list by the way.

Here is one example.
    Ultraman - Official Trailer (2016) HD - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjOvth3O2Vs

There have been some latino made superhero films and shows as well.

Maybe african film makers one day could make these into films or tv shows about these african comic superheroes and others i posted in another thread awhile ago.

5 African Superheroes You Need To Know OkayAfrica
    http://www.okayafrica.com/culture-2/...-need-to-know/

6 African superhero comics to look out for in 2016 - YouNeek Studios
    http://youneekstudios.com/6-african-...t-for-in-2016/
    Last edited by mace11; 06-16-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

As for tv shows I think M.A.N.T.I.S. was the first black tv superhero show from 1990's.

There was a latino superhero tv show awhile ago from america.
    # Dark Angel (Maxine "Max" Guevara, portrayed by Jessica Alba).

There are some from latino superhero shows from spain or latin america or both.
    One example.
    Los únicos
    Los únicos (Spanish: "The uniques") is a 2011 Argentine superhero live-action television series aired by El Trece in the prime time. The "uniques" are a superhero team working as a covert operation unit. Main actors are Arnaldo André, Mariano Martínez and Griselda Siciliani, the two main supervillains are played by Favio Posca and Carlos Belloso.
    Premise
    Unlike most productions by Pol-ka, Los únicos is not a telenovela featuring common people or a vengeance plot. Instead, it is a crime fiction comedy with metafictional elements. As such, it avoids the usual constrains of the plots of the aforementioned genres. The plot is influenced by the X-Men film series, Heroes and Sky High.

The are others latino superhero shows as well.

List of superhero television series
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...evision_series

Here is a list of superhero movies from america and worldwide.

# Alan Diaz (Mighty Med)
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Telekinesis

Top 10 Foreign Superhero Films You Need In Your Life - FilmDoo
    https://www.filmdoo.com/blog/2014/06...-in-your-life/

More lists of superhero films.

List of films based on comics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ased_on_comics

Superhero film
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superhero_film

List of American superhero films - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...uperhero_films

Category:Japanese superhero films - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...uperhero_films
    Last edited by mace11; 08-14-2018 at 12:47 PM.

i don't see how giving john stewart a co-lead in the next GL movie is "them making you want to forget" him.

if anything, they've brought john stewart into the dceu to SAVE the gl brand in movies. since hal jordan's solo almost killed it completely.

The Hal Jordan character had as much to do with "almost killing" the GL brand, as Reed Richards or Ben Grimm had with the way the 3 FF movies turned out. The Green Lantern brand doesn't need a specific character to "save" it, what it needs is people who understand what the property's appeal is about and how to properly utilize it on the silver screen. And I'm not sure if David Goyer and Geoff Johns are those people.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2017 at 01:08 PM.

i'm not either but at least it's getting a second chance. which is more than it has any right to ask for after that last go.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm not either but at least it's getting a second chance. which is more than it has any right to ask for after that last go.
    You're right. If nothing else, Johns' involvement probably guarantees the movie will at least get made.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The Hal Jordan character had as much to do with "almost killing" the GL brand, as Reed Richards or Ben Grimm had with the way the 3 FF movies turned out. The Green Lantern brand doesn't need a specific character to "save" it, what it needs is people who understand what the property's appeal is about and how to properly utilize it on the silver screen. And I'm not sure if David Goyer and Geoff Johns are those people.
    Whichever GL had been the star of the movie, it wouldn't have changed the script, direction, CGI, etc. It still would have been assailed critically. Now if the movie had been received favorably, but still bombed, then maybe not having John in the film could have been a factor.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whichever GL had been the star of the movie, it wouldn't have changed the script, direction, CGI, etc. It still would have been assailed critically. Now if the movie had been received favorably, but still bombed, then maybe not having John in the film could have been a factor.
    I'm honestly not sure what in Hollywood translates to box office success anymore. The second Hulk movie was much better received than the first, yet still wasn't that financially successful, and Hulk is a huge character, way bigger than Green Lantern ever was or will be. Meanwhile crap like Transformers or even the latest chapters of Pirates of the Caribbean still make money out the ass. Hell, look at those goofy Resident Evil films, they were trashed since the very start and still made money every single time. Is Milla Jovovich supposed to be a name draw? Is critical reception really that significant anymore. Maybe marketing is more important now? I mean good reviews certainly helped Wonder Woman and bad reviews obviously had hugely negative impact on BvS' performance, but in the grand scheme of things is that really as important at this point, or mostly just depends on the property Hollywood decides to tackle. If Black Panther for some reason gets bad word of mouth, would it have any impact on its BO at all? I think this would be the type of film people would go see no matter what.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2017 at 03:19 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm honestly not sure what in Hollywood translates to box office success anymore. The second Hulk movie was much better received than the first, yet still wasn't that financially successful, and Hulk is a huge character, way bigger than Green Lantern ever was or will be. Meanwhile crap like Transformers or even the latest chapters of Pirates of the Caribbean still make money out the ass. Hell, look at those goofy Resident Evil films, they were trashed since the very start and still made money every single time. Is Milla Jovovich supposed to be a name draw? Is critical reception really that significant anymore. Maybe marketing is more important now? I mean good reviews certainly helped Wonder Woman and bad reviews obviously had hugely negative impact on BvS' performance, but in the grand scheme of things is that really as important at this point, or mostly just depends on the property Hollywood decides to tackle. If Black Panther for some reason gets bad word of mouth, would it have any impact on its BO at all? I think this would be the type of film people would go see no matter what.
    If a film gives the audience what it wants (especially if the audience is familiar with the character(s) in the first place), it can succeed without good reviews. Having said that, I don't know what the deal was with The Incredible Hulk (I liked both films, FWIW).

Black Panther? I have a feeling it will make money regardless of the reviews.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Um....wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Um....wtf?
    Well let's say I'm not always a fan of Geoff's writing of Hal Jordan.

As long as it's not New 52 Hal in Justice League, I'm good .

BANNED

Still, that's THE guy you'd want spearheading a second shot at a movie, especially since this time his producer role would mean something. It's like saying, "I don't know if this Colonel Sanders guy is the one we need to fry chicken".

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Still, that's THE guy you'd want spearheading a second shot at a movie, especially since this time his producer role would mean something. It's like saying, "I don't know if this Colonel Sanders guy is the one we need to fry chicken".
    Like I said before, with Johns at the helm of the DCEU, we know the movie would at least get made, but it doesn't guarantee it would actually be good. Maybe my attitude is also based on my utter contempt towards WB for their treatment of the GL property.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2017 at 04:36 PM.

I get if you do not like it, but I mean they have been carrying 2 books since the return and was running 4 at once at one point. Clearly the direction he took it was a success with many people. They would be crazy not to use his stuff as the base of the film.