Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Though I think you can argue that most Iron Man's armors are more visually appealing then certain Cyborg designs, especially his DCEU look.
    Agreed. The look needs a clean-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    What Rogue Star said definitely is bordering on insulting. When I was kid, first getting into computers, I thought it'd be awesome to be like Oracle. And for many years, there hasn't been a character I love and relate to more than Cass. Disabilities don't make characters less appealing or relatable, and for those of us who do have disabilities, they can sometimes be even moreso.

That all said, I do still think Cyborg is a pretty bland character, and, as examples can be seen on a recent thread, there are literally dozens of other black heroes who would make more interesting protagonists in a movie.
    Agree on your point about characters with disabilities. I mean I'm not blind but I can relate to Daredevil on multiple levels.

Cyborg in NTT wasn't bland but he hasn't been handled well in ages. Let HereNThere write it pls DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post

Cyborg in NTT wasn't bland but he hasn't been handled well in ages.
    I kind of wish they'd just let Vic have his happy ending after his stint in Devin Grayson's Titans left him with his original appearance, but then they had to go and screw that up in Wally's book.

I have a hard time seeing Cyborg as bland after watching five seasons of the Teen Titans cartoon or seeing how much personality Khary Payton injects in the role.

He just hasn't been handled as well as he could be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Cyborg as bland after watching five seasons of the Teen Titans cartoon or seeing how much personality Khary Payton injects in the role.

He just hasn't been handled as well as he could be.
    Cyborg on the animated series is one of very, very few times an adaptation of a comic character has been better in every way than their comic counterpart. Khary Payton completely owned the role though, and I'm not positive the personality could translate to anything without him, especially comics where audio isn't an option.

BANNED

Disagree. Cyborg has much greater control over technology than Stark has, and while the trope of "am I human or machine" gets abused, it adds another dimension to his persona. It's almost insulting to suggest people would never want to be Cyborg because he's disabled.
    I don't view Cyborg as "disabled". I view him as a person forced to live as a machine. That's not a disability per se. The only disability that I did mention him having is the disability to separate himself from his machine body and live as a normal person in a flesh body, or to appear normal (referring to the flesh body again). He's not the going to be the first person I pick when I'm offered a chance to be anyone on the Justice League. If people find that insulting, I can't help that.

So what preeminent black male hero is positioned to stand along side DC's so-called trinity?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I think it's obviously one of three movies:

1) Aquaman

2) Black Adam

3) Cyborg (tho, I don't see this movie being a Black culture thing, because Cyborg's life is not that of your everyday black man, at all....besides the football thing lol)
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 06-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Yeah, I love Vixen.

Don't speak of such things!
    I wouldn't put it past WB to introduce Duke as the live action Robin. It's a diverse character, and he's got nothing to do with the actual Robin characters. Plus, to the public, Robin is a title, not any particular character. As long as Nightwing, and Red Hood, are thing, too, that makes the transition easier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I wouldn't put it past WB to introduce Duke as the live action Robin. It's a diverse character, and he's got nothing to do with the actual Robin characters. Plus, to the public, Robin is a title, not any particular character. As long as Nightwing, and Red Hood, are thing, too, that makes the transition easier.
    Not even joking, if Duke gets to be in a feature film before Cass and Steph get anything more than a cameo in an animated series, I will be 100% done with the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not even joking, if Duke gets to be in a feature film before Cass and Steph get anything more than a cameo in an animated series, I will be 100% done with the DCEU.
    And while you do that, I'll just be hoping the story, and character, is good. I'm a Cass fan, by the way, with her being second only to Jason on my "Favorite Bat Family/Character member" list; while Duke isn't in the top 15.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    And while you do that, I'll just be hoping the story, and character, is good. I'm a Cass fan, by the way, with her being second only to Jason on my "Favorite Bat Family/Character member" list; while Duke isn't in the top 15.
    And there's nothing wrong with that either. Me personally I'm just jaded, bitter, I take this stuff too seriously, and I'm tired of seeing my favorite characters get screwed over. (And its not just them. Most of my favorites have gotten f**ked with.) I also don't think I'd be missing much either way. The first three DCEU movies I found to be terrible (I did somewhat enjoy Suicide Squad though), and while I'm super happy to have been hearing how great Wonder Woman is, I'm not yet convinced it wasn't a fluke.

John Stewart,Vixen, and Static are the best options. And Cyborg too, but only if they play their cards right.

Do they really gotta go head to head like that? "Ah, they got a black character! Quickly, let's make a movie starring one of our black heroes!" I don't think I've heard anyone saying Marvel gotta have a female led movie now that WW is out?
    Superhero shows are trash

Yeah, the idea that they need to counter with a black superhero movie right now just sounds tacky. Do it when you have a good idea for a good character. Not just because "need a black superhero counter" reasons.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

John Stewart taking over the GL franchise movie might be a comparison, but I think the people running DC/WB are too invested in Hal for John to ever stand out more than him in a movie. So I guess Aquaman since they race swapped him, but it feels weird to say that.