View Poll Results: Should Peter and MJ Be Together Again?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 80.46%
  • No

17 19.54%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Peter & Mary Jane - Editorial Edict? Do You Want Them To Be Together Again?

Ever since THE worst story in the history of the comic book world called 'One More Day' happened, it seems as though these two are fated to never again be together. Yes, she was with Peter during "Superior Spider-Man" but that wasn't actually Peter, it was Otto.

To me, it feels like they won't ever get back together until someone else takes over as EIC and/or the PTB at Marvel decide that it's okay again for these two to get back together.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Full disclosure, I voted "Yes". It's heartbreaking for me not to see Peter and MJ as a couple. I grew up reading them together all the way up to OMD. I'll never forget that issue of ASM during 'Big Time' when she sees Peter with Carlie and she thinks (I'm paraphrasing) "Peter finally has it all. Great job, great girlfriend, perfect life...that's messed up. Why couldn't he do that with me?"

And I find myself thinking the same thing. It IS messed up. They don't have to be married again (yeah, I know Marvel, you just run out of ideas when they're married, blah, blah, blah), but what's the difference between MJ and Carlie if they're the same age??
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't see the point in separating them in the first place. She's too important to the series as main love interest. Marvel is a fool if they think that a new love interest will ever be able to replace her.

Fantastic Member

waaah the marriage isn't in continuity!!!! I hate marvel!!!...ugh....you have RYV's that's all you are going to get....do you like beating a dead horse? apparently !!!

oh and just to be petty ....I still win and you still lose and cry about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    waaah the marriage isn't in continuity!!!! I hate marvel!!!...ugh....you have RYV's that's all you are going to get...
    Peter and MJ have been happily married in the newspaper comics for well over thirty years.

Combine that with RYV and the marriage outnumbers the core universe two-canons-to-one

Who's losing exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ever since THE worst story in the history of the comic book world called 'One More Day' happened, it seems as though these two are fated to never again be together.
    Chip Zradsky's idea of the two having an ex-married couple vibe has led to them reconnecting in Spectacular Spider-Man. Whether or not that extends beyond their FCBD interaction remains to be seen. Nonetheless, it proves Slott's previous points here. Marvel can reunite them in a snap if someone has an interest in them.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-11-2017 at 10:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter and MJ have been happily married in the newspaper comics for well over thirty years.

Combine that with RYV and the marriage outnumbers the core universe two-canons-to-one

Who's losing exactly?

Chip Zradsky's idea of the two having an ex-married couple vibe has led to them reconnecting in Spectacular Spider-Man. Whether or not that extends beyond their FCBD interaction remains to be seen. Nonetheless, it proves Slott's previous points here. Marvel can reunite them in a snap if someone has an interest in them.
    Its 30 years this year. Calling that well over thirty might be a little to much.

I hope CZ brings them together again. Slott too.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Yes for me, I'd love to see 'em back together.

Spectacular Member

Yes it just make so much sense to me...like every time spider man came home from an ass whooping and mary jane is there it's like yes totally he needs someone like that imo. I wish marvel would put it up to a vote like with jason todds death. I feel confident we'd get mary jane back. And i grew up on that marriage it is just very weird for them not to be together when I think of spider man.

The timeline's completely FUBAR. What does it matter?

BANNED

I hope CZ brings them together again. Slott too.
    Slott does'nt think Peter and MJ are that interesting if they're not married. Chip may prove him wrong, and I hope he does, but Slott's content with pursuing his own vision of what Peter should do. He likes playing with different toys and handing all the ones he's broken to others for repair jobs.

In the meantime, we have the comic strip and RYV showing that the marriage can still work, I say focus on making people aware of them and maybe we'll stand a chance of having the marriage restored. The fact DC got lots of publicity over the possibility of Batman marrying Catwoman shows how out-of-touch Marvel are.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, and someone can correct me wrong, but Slott has said he finds Peter and MJ together again as something already done and he isn't interested in writing that. He also said he has no plans to ever leave ASM, and so far, he has kept that promise, so I just don't see them ever getting back together.

Slott does'nt think Peter and MJ are that interesting if they're not married. Chip may prove him wrong, and I hope he does, but Slott's content with pursuing his own vision of what Peter should do. He likes playing with different toys and handing all the ones he's broken to others for repair jobs.

In the meantime, we have the comic strip and RYV showing that the marriage can still work, I say focus on making people aware of them and maybe we'll stand a chance of having the marriage restored. The fact DC got lots of publicity over the possibility of Batman marrying Catwoman shows how out-of-touch Marvel are.
    Slott is one of my all time favorite Spidey writers, but this is the one thing that I don't like about his runs. But then, it really isn't his choice. Marvel won't let him write Peter and MJ together even if he wanted to.

BANNED

Slott is one of my all time favorite Spidey writers, but this is the one thing that I don't like about his runs. But then, it really isn't his choice. Marvel won't let him write Peter and MJ together even if he wanted to.
    He's said several times here if Marvel told him to write Peter and MJ as a couple even without the marriage, he would have no objection to it.

It's entirely up to him if he wants to do it, and he's choosing to play with different toys.

Will he have interest again at some point? Depends, he's said that there's a ''slim'' chance of it, so obviously he's not going forward with it anytime soon, but their relationship can still be salvaged by the likes of Chip and others.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just don't see them ever getting back together.
    They will get back together and as Tom D once said, Slott cannot dictate what goes on in Spider-Man forever.

And as said so many times in so many threads...if you look around, they're still married. They've been together thirty years and I doubt that's ever changing regardless of what ongoing universe it finds itself lingering in presently. So far, it's lingering in two and that more than suffices for me.

OMD failed. It failed as a story, and more to the point, it failed as a mission statement.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, and someone can correct me wrong, but Slott has said he finds Peter and MJ together again as something already done and he isn't interested in writing that. He also said he has no plans to ever leave ASM, and so far, he has kept that promise, so I just don't see them ever getting back together.
    No writer ever lasts forever. Even so, I wouldn't want them to get back together under Slott's pen for he has butchered their relationship and any other romantic entanglement since that 2007 storyline.