Amazing Member

Arrow What Did Batman Mean When He Said...?

Ever read a comic and one line or scene of dialogue gets stuck in your head and you spend the next fifteen minutes trying to figure out exactly what it meant?

I have that problem sometimes, especially when it comes to the things Batman says. There's this scene Adventures of Superman #643, during the period of Maxwell Lord's mindcontrolling of Superman and Brother Eye, etc. Superman, who nearly killed Batman while being controlled, goes to the Batcave to check on Bruce:

RCO018_1469638172.jpg

And after claiming that Superman came to ask for forgiveness Bruce says "It's a stupid damn question, Clark."

WeChat Image_20170612164010.jpg

I've always wondered why Bruce seemed upset that Clark "wanted forgiveness." Was it because it was too soon? Did Bruce not want to forgive him yet? Or was it stupid to even think that Bruce wouldn't forgive him? This scene always bothered me because I couldn't figure out what Batman meant. What do you think?

Batman got his ass kicked by him and he asks him how he's feeling. It is a stupid question.