Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I was thinking the same thing, I keep looking, but nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Justart27 View Post
    Thread got realllly quiet after the review deadline....interesting lol.
    LOL, I suppose there aren't many doubts left at this point. Wait till the December deadline and it will go loud again, lol.

Speaking about doubts... I wonder if I'll receive feedback on the stuff I sent. I only drew 3 out of the five pages because of time constraints, and I remeber it being said it was said that that was OK (for the first deadline, not the final one). I was planning on drawing the remaining two after receiving some feedback so as to adjust the artwork to that, but now I'm not sure whether I'll get get any. What do you say, should I wait a bit longer or go ahead and draw the other 2 without the feedback?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franshux View Post
    LOL, I suppose there aren't many doubts left at this point. Wait till the December deadline and it will go loud again, lol.

Speaking about doubts... I wonder if I'll receive feedback on the stuff I sent. I only drew 3 out of the five pages because of time constraints, and I remeber it being said it was said that that was OK (for the first deadline, not the final one). I was planning on drawing the remaining two after receiving some feedback so as to adjust the artwork to that, but now I'm not sure whether I'll get get any. What do you say, should I wait a bit longer or go ahead and draw the other 2 without the feedback?
    the confirmation email said that Top Cow is binded by the agreement we signed to give us a paragraph of feedback by the 15th of this month. So my view would be to just wait the remaining time and then do the pages (besides you are still 2 whole months away from the final deadline which should be plenty of time to do the whole thing if need be).
    By the way, you are also meant to email them if you dont receive any response by the 15th.

All-New Member

Hello to all, this is my first participation to talent hunt.
    Happy to receive the feedback. I think it is equal to one portfolio review (I never had the opportunity to receive it). You?

All-New Member

Hey, quick question!

The rules state that the competition is open to "not yet published" creators. A couple of weekends back I won a competition at a comic convention which will see me have future paid work in the British comic 2000AD (published by Rebellion), but this will not be until next year and I likely will not have begun any work on it before the deadline for this one passes.

I was planning to enter but am I now ineligible or is it only if you're published at the time of entering that you're not allowed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius16 View Post
    the confirmation email said that Top Cow is binded by the agreement we signed to give us a paragraph of feedback by the 15th of this month. So my view would be to just wait the remaining time and then do the pages (besides you are still 2 whole months away from the final deadline which should be plenty of time to do the whole thing if need be).
    By the way, you are also meant to email them if you dont receive any response by the 15th.
    Thanks for the reply, dude! I had completely forgotten about the 15th thing.

Spectacular Member

Hey, quick question!

The rules state that the competition is open to "not yet published" creators. A couple of weekends back I won a competition at a comic convention which will see me have future paid work in the British comic 2000AD (published by Rebellion), but this will not be until next year and I likely will not have begun any work on it before the deadline for this one passes.

I was planning to enter but am I now ineligible or is it only if you're published at the time of entering that you're not allowed to?
    Thought Bubble? I tried to pitch for the writing competition this year. I did terribly. I am not good at standing up in front of an audience and pitching.

My understanding is that you will become ineligible after you have been paid and published by 2000AD. So, you should be all good for this year. But you won't be able to enter next year. I advise that you make your entry for this year count.

All-New Member

Has anyone gotten their feedback yet? I'm getting anxious!

Nothing yet on my end either. I'm getting worried. Seriously.

I wouldn't worry too much. They are not going to send any feedback out until the 15th, possibly later if I remember last year correctly.

All-New Member

I think there are so many entries so a huge amount of work to review each of us. We'll see in the next few days.

Well it is the 15th, and no feedback as of yet. I'm assuming that is the same for everyone.

It very well may be that they have an overwhelming amount of work to look at and have not had the chance to formulate their feedback responses as of yet.

Either that, or we're all so amazing we don't need any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by David Duke View Post
    Well it is the 15th, and no feedback as of yet. I'm assuming that is the same for everyone.

It very well may be that they have an overwhelming amount of work to look at and have not had the chance to formulate their feedback responses as of yet.

Either that, or we're all so amazing we don't need any feedback!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No feedback on my end either. Glad in a way it's not just me. I'll wait maybe a week longer at the most and see about messaging them. I want to improve as much as I can based on their notes.

BANNED

Can one still submit?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Can one still submit?
    Yes

The deadline to submit is December. The deadline to submit for feedback has passed, however, if I am not mistaken.

Best,