Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SketchyMagpie View Post
    Hey, quick question!

The rules state that the competition is open to "not yet published" creators. A couple of weekends back I won a competition at a comic convention which will see me have future paid work in the British comic 2000AD (published by Rebellion), but this will not be until next year and I likely will not have begun any work on it before the deadline for this one passes.

I was planning to enter but am I now ineligible or is it only if you're published at the time of entering that you're not allowed to?
    If I well remember, you can partecipate if you already worked for a publisher, but only if it isn't on the top 5 most important\biggest publishers of your country. There is a list of american publishers that will get you out of the contest, and this rule for people from other countries. I don't think you''ll have any problems, especially because the contest you won will give you work in the near future, but not before the end of the Top Cow contest.

All-New Member

Hopefully we'll get an announcement today about the closing of the first deadline and a rough estimate of when to expect the feedback. Good luck everyone ����

All-New Member

As anyone had their feedback yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu.Perrins View Post

Feedback is starting to roll in, everyone!

All-New Member

Yep. Just got an email today with a couple of notes.

All-New Member

I received my feedback today, quite a few points to work on. I better get cracking.

I did! Got a few notes that went straight to the point and 100% agree with, too. Albeit short, it's been some of the best feedback I've got in quite some time.

All-New Member

Would anyone mind sharing their writing feedback?

My feedback,

"John, these pages are well on their way. Nothing really mechanically wrong with them, but I'd be curious to see them pop with a little polish. Not just cutting out any minor anatomy/perspective errors, but also playing with the medium to show us something cool and new."

I think it's very encouraging! I am confused by what to do next...

Do I fix my perceived weaknesses or submit new pages with different approaches?

Any input is welcome.

Input received. Right on the money.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaner View Post
    My feedback,

"John, these pages are well on their way. Nothing really mechanically wrong with them, but I'd be curious to see them pop with a little polish. Not just cutting out any minor anatomy/perspective errors, but also playing with the medium to show us something cool and new."

I think it's very encouraging! I am confused by what to do next...

Do I fix my perceived weaknesses or submit new pages with different approaches?

Any input is welcome.
    I'd take that as it is and fix. Double check perspectives and anatomy issues/proportion throughout and correct where needed. Ensure the figure work is strong, the characters pop with clean lines. And then give them something extra special. McFarlane did spaghetti webbing, where can you add some detail? Then fingers crossed. Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by seanterry25 View Post
    I'd take that as it is and fix. Double check perspectives and anatomy issues/proportion throughout and correct where needed. Ensure the figure work is strong, the characters pop with clean lines. And then give them something extra special. McFarlane did spaghetti webbing, where can you add some detail? Then fingers crossed. Good luck man!
    Thank you very much!

All-New Member

Richard, these are definitely on their way. I'd advise you to keep a level of consistent detail whenever possible, however, as some of your faces and close-ups don't quite match the complexity of others.

I’m on it. Great concise feedback.
    Thanks again for the pointers as well as this great opportunity.

All-New Member

The feedback for my script:

"first off - don't script in all caps. It can really mess with the letters phase. Additionally, keep the structure of the page in mind - you can only fit so many panels per page, and only so many captions and words per panel."

All-New Member

Bo, this isn't bad, but you're not using the space of the page as well as you could be, and some of the dialogue leaves much to be desired. Remember to keep the pacing tight, as you're telling a single story in one quick issue.

Pretty easy fixes. I had a couple of slow pages that slowed down the pace. This was just for my writing, I'll post my art critique once I get it.