Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Simao View Post
    Anyone knows when the result will come out??
    Anyway, here is my shot ( postal 9 pages 1-5)
    Attachment 59727
    Attachment 59728
    I made a little research about the Talent Hunt from last year, and if the article I found is correct(or I understood correclty lol)the second deadline was May 15th 2016, and the results where made public in August(the article is from August 4th , so I guess Top Cow comunicated them around that time, maybe a little earlier?). So maybe the wait is a bit longer than expected.

Great work on the pages by the way, I really like your style!

All-New Member

Hi, folks! I didn't hear about the talent hunt until 11/27 and so missed the 1st deadline for submitting. I did manage to send off 5 pages before the December cutoff, and inquired a few days later if those who submitted only in December would receive confirmation. They replied they wouldn't be able to reply to those who submitted for the December deadline. They also stated that it may be until April or May before winners are announced. Not the response I was hoping for, but at least better than not knowing at all. Good luck, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Hi, folks! I didn't hear about the talent hunt until 11/27 and so missed the 1st deadline for submitting. I did manage to send off 5 pages before the December cutoff, and inquired a few days later if those who submitted only in December would receive confirmation. They replied they wouldn't be able to reply to those who submitted for the December deadline. They also stated that it may be until April or May before winners are announced. Not the response I was hoping for, but at least better than not knowing at all. Good luck, all!
    Thanks for the update, Rufus!

All-New Member

Well there's no sense in waiting around for the results anyway. Just get back to work preparing for next year's competition. Writers keep writing and artists keep drawing!

Merry Christmas

Thank you for the infos!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by settlechaos View Post
    Well there's no sense in waiting around for the results anyway. Just get back to work preparing for next year's competition. Writers keep writing and artists keep drawing!

Merry Christmas
    Speaking of which - is it known which Top Cow title next year's competition will be about?

All-New Member

Default Merry Christmas, Fellow Contestants! Happy Hunting!

DARKNESS.jpg
    Happy Holidays! There's light even in the DARKNESS!

Thanks for the info man!!! Good luck to all!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Female Chair View Post
    I made a little research about the Talent Hunt from last year, and if the article I found is correct(or I understood correclty lol)the second deadline was May 15th 2016, and the results where made public in August(the article is from August 4th , so I guess Top Cow comunicated them around that time, maybe a little earlier?). So maybe the wait is a bit longer than expected.

Great work on the pages by the way, I really like your style!
    Thanks a lot for the respond!! I wish you the best.

All-New Member

Hi, folks! Just wanted to update that I received an official reply that my submission was received! The email mentions no further replies will be forthcoming, and that winners are to be announced "In the coming months."

Spectacular Member

Hi, everybody.

Confirmation emails went out today. Apologies for any perceived lateness, but the deadline being right before the holidays, and the confirmation emails being sent out *manually*, means it takes a bit to get it all out there. As we used to say on Team Magdalena, Patience is a virtue.

From here on out, the winners and runners up will be the only folks to receive any official contact from Top Cow. If there's any legitimate confusion (i.e., you didn't receive a confirmation email), feel free to reach out to the submissions email, but try to use this only for legitimate concerns. This thread can, of course, stay up, and I'd encourage y'all to use it to keep in contact and hone your craft.

Happy New Year, and happy creating.

Happy new year guys!
    I too received the confirmation email yesterday!

I too received the confirmation email.
    Happy New Year, everyone!

Spectacular Member

Great work by Bungo, A_Montoya and Samir Simao.

All of professional quality, so I think you guys genuinely have a chance.

The odds are always against you in these kinds of competitions; you need talent, persistence and a lot of luck too.

Lots of other folk with a high quality of work too, it's amazing checking on the thread each year, seeing how many talented folk are out there.

I think a few of you, although producing great stuff, still fall a little short of professional quality, but remember if you don't win, then keep practicing and by the time the next Talent Hunt rolls around, maybe you'll have a real chance at winning then.

Remember, the only way you fail is if you give up. Everyone who currently works in the comic book industry, no matter how good, has been rejected over and over again. They succeeded because they kept trying and kept getting better.

To anyone who is frustrated by the wait, remember that Ryan, Matt and everyone at Top Cow have a lot of entries to sift through and that's while writing and editing comic books. They have a lot of demands on their time.

They'll post the results once they've decided on the winners and if it takes them a while to do that, well, then that is to be expected.

There isn't any use in waiting around for the results to come through, take a step back, see what other opportunities are out there. Practice your craft. Don't be idle.

Speaking of which - is it known which Top Cow title next year's competition will be about?
    Make sure you're following Matt Hawkins on Twitter. He usually announces what the Talent Hunt will be about in advance... although not this far in advance. They'll want to decide the winners for this year first, before deciding what next year will be about.

Although, they are relaunching a lot of classic Top Cow properties at the moment like Witchblade, Aphrodite V and Cyber Force (plus you had the excellent Magdalena series by Ryan Cady last year).

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd think that the next Talent Hunt will be related to those titles, as it will encourage more people to pick those books up.
    Last edited by Pauul; 01-21-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Maybe it would be a good idea to discuss what other opportunities are out there? While you guys are waiting on the results.

As I said in my previous post, the best way to succeed in this industry is persistence, so while it's a good idea to keep your ear to the ground to listen out for news on the next Talent Hunt, it's worth seeing what other opportunities are out there too.

It's probably worth mentioning that British based 2000AD has open submissions until the 2nd of March - http://2000ad.com/submissions/

2000AD is pretty tough, they're only interested in publishing truly original stories, and they've pretty much seen every story there is to tell. That said, it's a good exercise, submitting to a publisher and 2000AD is one of the few comics that has an open submissions policy.

The other publisher you should be paying attention to is Alterna Comics, which currently has their submissions open for the 2018 IF Anthology - https://www.alternacomics.com/if-anthology

The theme this year is horror. The early deadline is May 1st and the final deadline is June 1st.

Now, they'll only accept a completed strip, which means a writer and an artist teaming up. Now, there are plenty of both of this thread, so if you need to find collaborators, then this is a perfect opportunity for you.

Anyway, if anyone else knows of any upcoming opportunities for writers or artists, then I hope you will use this thread to share them.