Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Art of MAS

Question in regards to submitting the actual work for the contest. My entry is complete for the first phase, but are we mailing the entries in? Or can they be emailed along with the signed submission agreement? I'm fine with either or but wondering whats preferred most in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Art of MAS View Post
    Question in regards to submitting the actual work for the contest. My entry is complete for the first phase, but are we mailing the entries in? Or can they be emailed along with the signed submission agreement? I'm fine with either or but wondering whats preferred most in this case.
    It's in the PDF. Submissions are e-mail only with a max size of 10MB, including submission agreement. Send it to submissions@topcow.com with "top cow talent hunt" as e-mail title. They won't look at physical mail. Good luck

All-New Member

Question about the unpublished status: two short comic stories based on my scripts have appeared in the UK magazine FutureQuake, and another one in the (now-defunct) magazine Murky Depths. Both are small-press magazines, and the FutureQuake stories weren't a paid job (I got paid a small sum of 10GBP for the Murky Depths story). I doubt either mag has at any point been at the top 5 selling titles in the UK, so I guess it's ok by the rules - I just thought to ask to be on the safe side here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RG19 View Post
    Question about the unpublished status: two short comic stories based on my scripts have appeared in the UK magazine FutureQuake, and another one in the (now-defunct) magazine Murky Depths. Both are small-press magazines, and the FutureQuake stories weren't a paid job (I got paid a small sum of 10GBP for the Murky Depths story). I doubt either mag has at any point been at the top 5 selling titles in the UK, so I guess it's ok by the rules - I just thought to ask to be on the safe side here.
    You're fine. There's a list of publishers in the PDF.

Hello - I'm new to the community and to forums in general so pls bear with me if i don't use it quite properly . I'm interested in participating in top Cow's talent Hunt 2017 as artist but I'm not sure of which script has to be drawn . I've noticed that the bundle includes some script pages of Postal # 09 & 16 ... but those are already published works ...! t would be quite odd to have to draw a script that has been already drawn by another artist for everibody to see ... I'm sure it must be that I'm not understanding the rules correctly

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pablo petro View Post
    Hello - I'm new to the community and to forums in general so pls bear with me if i don't use it quite properly . I'm interested in participating in top Cow's talent Hunt 2017 as artist but I'm not sure of which script has to be drawn . I've noticed that the bundle includes some script pages of Postal # 09 & 16 ... but those are already published works ...! t would be quite odd to have to draw a script that has been already drawn by another artist for everibody to see ... I'm sure it must be that I'm not understanding the rules correctly
    The bundle includes a full list of rules. You are indeed supposed to draw select pages from Postal #9 or #16.

but isn't a high risk of the participant "getting inspiration" from the already published artwork by mr Goodhart ? don't want to be heavy but one would assume that for the publisher is important to evaluate the artist ability to solve the scripted pages into drawn comic pages ...Thanks for the guidance !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pablo petro View Post
    but isn't a high risk of the participant "getting inspiration" from the already published artwork by mr Goodhart ? don't want to be heavy but one would assume that for the publisher is important to evaluate the artist ability to solve the scripted pages into drawn comic pages ...Thanks for the guidance !
    I don't think it will be a problem unless you're actively trying to copy Isaac's art.

All-New Member

I saw that Think Tank may be done. Does that mean it's a bad idea to submit to the Talent Hunt using a Think Tank script?

All-New Member

Hello!

Was wondering, if we're unable to finish 22 pages by the end of the first phase, can we still send in what we have for feedback?

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by CamK View Post
    Was wondering, if we're unable to finish 22 pages by the end of the first phase, can we still send in what we have for feedback?
    You really don't need to finish 22 pages. You should aim for a minimum of 5 pages which would be 25% of the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cow Ryan View Post
    You're welcome to draw more than 5 pages. You're welcome to write more than one script. I personally do not recommend it. I've been a judge on this Talent Hunt for 4 years, and never has there been an instance where quantity clinched it for anyone. You're much better off using that time to make sure that your submission is polished, pristine, and presentable.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    You really don't need to finish 22 pages. You should aim for a minimum of 5 pages which would be 25% of the script.
    Thanks for the reply. How about in regard to writers?

Custom User Title

I would assume that writers should have aim to have completed a draft of a 22 page self contained full issue script by August 15th in order to receive the paragraph of feedback. They can the choose to make further revisions and resubmit before the final deadline on December 15th at 23:59 PST.

All-New Member

Is it possible to enter less than 5 pgs in the first round for feedback if we are unable to fully complete the min. of 5pgs? I fully plan on having the 5pgs done for the final entry however due to work schedules i may not be able to have them complete in time for the round one submission and i dont want to miss out on the feedback

Spectacular Member

If you can't finish writing a 22 page script in like, 3 months, you are not ready to win this competition.

Not at all trying to be mean, but most writers are finishing around 3-4 full scripts per month.