Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaner View Post
    Page 4 of my submission, comments welcome and appreciated! Attachment 51735
    Nice pencil work hurricane. I also like your panel set up

All-New Member

This is my first time doing anything like this like many of you from what I've read. My question is if we are submitting pencil work do we need to draw in the word bubbles.

All-New Member

Thank you So much cool stuff to draw in this script.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjdc123 View Post
    This is my first time doing anything like this like many of you from what I've read. My question is if we are submitting pencil work do we need to draw in the word bubbles.
    No. You don't need to include the word balloons. Refer to the previous art posts. They are very good examples of what is expected.

All-New Member

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured but thought I'd better find out for sure.

Kundarak

Hello!
    I was wondering if I could color the pages too? I know that pencil is enough, but I think I could deliver a better page if it's colored by me. Is that acceptable? Or should I stop at inking?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SketchyMagpie View Post
    Hey all, I have a question regarding the "unpublished" status required for artists to enter.

I am a published illustrator, but unpublished in the comic genre. Am I eligible to enter? Most of my previous work has been educational illustration for the likes of Macmillan, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press etc.

I would assume that would still make me eligible since they only list comic companies in the info but just wanted to check.
    You're good!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kundarak View Post
    Hello!
    I was wondering if I could color the pages too? I know that pencil is enough, but I think I could deliver a better page if it's colored by me. Is that acceptable? Or should I stop at inking?
    You can if you want to!

All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

Hi everyone!
    I have a question regarding the character designs, it is a pretty stupid one to be honest, but I need to know if it's something that can potentially disqualify the submission.

Can we change the character's outfits? I'm talking about small changes(not in color, nor in shape) on clothes that are only present in one issue(and not described in the script). For example: changing a V neck shirt with a round neck one, or a tank top's logo.
    Is it possible, or the outfits present in the 2 issues are part of the official character designs?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo75 View Post
    Attachment 52047
    And boom goes the Nazi. The third page of my submission is being reworked and thus missing. Lol
    Really nailed the perspective. I did a page with something similar a couple years ago and took me forever to get right. Really great going.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Connelly View Post
    Really nailed the perspective. I did a page with something similar a couple years ago and took me forever to get right. Really great going.
    Thanks man. Btw Cool last name. I have one just like it. Lol.

been plugging away inbetween commissions and work. Decided to tackle #16 first few pages. Should be done in a little while. Thought i would share a page.

http://justart27.deviantart.com/art/...ntry-696277538

Liking what im seeing so far. Every one is pushing the details. Hand cramps waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Justart27; 08-01-2017 at 10:00 PM.

All-New Member

Hey ! This has already been asked in the first page but as no definitive answer was given I ll restate the question: Do we need to draw 5 sequential pages from the scripts or 5 random pages with no particular order (from either one of the scripts) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius16 View Post
    Hey ! This has already been asked in the first page but as no definitive answer was given I ll restate the question: Do we need to draw 5 sequential pages from the scripts or 5 random pages with no particular order (from either one of the scripts) ?
    from what ive gathered no, they don't have to be. but it doesn't hurt to show how you handle page progression.