Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hey guys, how's it going? Dropped by to show you the pencils for my submission. I'm almost finished for the first phase, but I still need to tweak a few things on the inking. Anyway, if you guys could give me any kind of feedback, that'd be deeply appreciated!

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lulisluc View Post
    Hey guys, how's it going? Dropped by to show you the pencils for my submission. I'm almost finished for the first phase, but I still need to tweak a few things on the inking. Anyway, if you guys could give me any kind of feedback, that'd be deeply appreciated!
    looking good! like the choice of angles, they fit for your style. Only thing I can suggest is maybe add some more background in some of your panel shots. You created a dust/smokey atmosphere in the action sequences where the lack of visual background is understandable. So at best pic some of the panels that seeing more backdrop would make sense if that helps.

All-New Member

Having drawn my version of the script already, it's a really good learning experience to see how other people tackle the script. I find myself thinking "that's a much better angle, why didn't I think of that?" And looking at how other people have tackled characters, weapons, backgrounds etc is very inspiring.

All-New Member

Fixing some anatomy issues, and adding more backgrounds. IMG_1248.jpg

@bungo75:
    that first panel is my favorite, between the background details and angle, it sets a great tone.

edit update:
    page 2 http://justart27.deviantart.com/art/...try2-696878727
    this page was a trip to set up.
    Last edited by Justart27; 08-04-2017 at 09:22 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justart27 View Post
    @bungo75:
    that first panel is my favorite, between the background details and angle, it sets a great tone.
    Thanks. It's been a blast working on this script

All-New Member

Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo75 View Post
    Thanks man. Btw Cool last name. I have one just like it. Lol.
    Haha nice small digital world. lol. I'll post my submission pages soon as well. We can get a wee Connelly Clan together on here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Connelly View Post
    Haha nice small digital world. lol. I'll post my submission pages soon as well. We can get a wee Connelly Clan together on here.
    Dude, can't wait to see your work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Female Chair View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I have a question regarding the character designs, it is a pretty stupid one to be honest, but I need to know if it's something that can potentially disqualify the submission.

Can we change the character's outfits? I'm talking about small changes(not in color, nor in shape) on clothes that are only present in one issue(and not described in the script). For example: changing a V neck shirt with a round neck one, or a tank top's logo.
    Is it possible, or the outfits present in the 2 issues are part of the official character designs?
    I wouldn't stray too far, but feel free to play around with the designs if you like!

Spectacular Member

Loving the positivity in this thread, gang. Great work! Excited for your submissions!

wasabi_punk

Hello!

Looking forward to submitting my pages - but I'm a bit worried. I've never read Postal, so I am drawing from the information conveyed in the script only. Will I be disqualified if the characters don't look like those portrayed in the comic, even if I manage to be on point with storytelling?

Thanks for your time and communication!

mj

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi_punk View Post
    Hello!

Looking forward to submitting my pages - but I'm a bit worried. I've never read Postal, so I am drawing from the information conveyed in the script only. Will I be disqualified if the characters don't look like those portrayed in the comic, even if I manage to be on point with storytelling?

mj
    Not speaking as a Top Cow rep, but I would recommend getting a couple of issues of Postal and reading them and referencing them. I'm sure you could even google image search most of the characters if you don't want to spend any money. Research and staying on model for characters would be part of your job as a work for hire artist so I would think that they would want you to display that ability in the contest.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi_punk View Post
    Hello!

mj
    Also as a non Top Cow rep, I agree with what capuga said. In this thread and in the submission guidelines it's been explained that small changes are fine, but I think drawing without any reference would be an unnecessary risk. Top Cow actually has the first issue of Postal free to download here for some of the references if you wanna check it out: http://topcow.com/moos/43-latest-moo...s-from-top-cow

The trade copies come in issues of 4. I order vol 1 and 2 (issue 1 through 8) so I wouldn't be jaded by the script for 9. It was fun to get it after I completed the work and see the different interpretations of the script.
    Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Not speaking as a Top Cow rep, but I would recommend getting a couple of issues of Postal and reading them and referencing them. I'm sure you could even google image search most of the characters if you don't want to spend any money. Research and staying on model for characters would be part of your job as a work for hire artist so I would think that they would want you to display that ability in the contest.