Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cow Ryan View Post
    I wouldn't stray too far, but feel free to play around with the designs if you like!
    Ok, thank you!

rla18

I am finishing up the formatting on my first draft and I have two minor questions:
    1. Do you care what font a script is submitted in?
    2. In Think Tank, each issue starts with a full page quote. Should that be included in the 22 page count?
    Thanks!

Hey, if I don't manage to complete all 5 pages for August 15th but want some feedback on the ones I've drawn already, am I allowed to submit them and then later on submit the whole thing?

I Bought digital versions to keep the cost down. I had never read Postal but really got into it. And for this competition it was invaluable in not only seeing the characters, but it made me understand the town as a character itself better. I don't live in America so it helped me better know the environment as well.
    Last edited by Chris Connelly; 08-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Is the deadline Tuesday 8/15 at midnight?
    I'm asking for a friend...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franshux View Post
    Hey, if I don't manage to complete all 5 pages for August 15th but want some feedback on the ones I've drawn already, am I allowed to submit them and then later on submit the whole thing?
    I have the same question. Eventhough I was aware of this first phase deadline, I could not start drawing as early as I would have liked due to job, so I won't be able to finish on time for tomorrows deadline. It would be great to still be able to recieve some feedback based on the couple of pages I penciled already.

Quote Originally Posted by juankprada View Post
    I have the same question. Eventhough I was aware of this first phase deadline, I could not start drawing as early as I would have liked due to job, so I won't be able to finish on time for tomorrows deadline. It would be great to still be able to recieve some feedback based on the couple of pages I penciled already.
    I just read a few pages back that Ryan replied to someone asking the exact same question that it "wouldn't be a problem" if less than the mandatory 5 pages were submitted in the first round!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    Is the deadline Tuesday 8/15 at midnight?
    I'm asking for a friend...
    I ve got the same question too...... >.>

Also, is it just as simple as posting our pages here ? or do we email them or sth ? The guidelines make it out like its the former but you can never be certain.......

All-New Member

Hey everyone! I've been following this thread over the last couple of months as I've been working my script for the contest.

Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to pick the brains of both Matt and Ryan at Boston Comic Con, and I walked away with a bit of advice. I know today's the last day, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who's still got eyeballs on this thread. This is a great little community here, and if this advice helps someone here win, all the better.

Matt made it a point that he likes when inner-monologue contradicts what a character is saying. He said that's very revealing and that it creates tension. And Ryan stressed that it's important to not over-think things, which might seem like "Duh" advice, but it's easy to get so caught up and distracted in how to make a thing right that the thing ends up not getting made.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone submitting!

-Frank Gogol

All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius16 View Post
    I ve got the same question too...... >.>

Also, is it just as simple as posting our pages here ? or do we email them or sth ? The guidelines make it out like its the former but you can never be certain.......
    I think that the deadline is at 11:59 PM of 15\08(today ), because on the Talent Hunt file(the one that explains what artists and writers should do to partecipate) it's stated that the Talent Hunt's deadline(the final one) is at 11:59 PM of 15\12. So it's safe to assume that this one works the same way

As for the submission, you need to send your sample pages via e-mail at submissions@topcow.com(you can find also this one in the Talent Hunt file), and remember to add the Submission Agreement and keep everything under 10MB or your submission will be disqualified.

(my submission agreement was printed in greyscale, has anyone run into the same problem? O.O )
    Last edited by Professional Female Chair; 08-15-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

The deadline is 11:59 tonight.

DO NOT REQUEST A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. DO NOT REQUEST A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.

If you have not received a confirmation email by NEXT MONDAY, then feel free to inquire. Confirmation emails will be sent out sporadically this week.

Both Matt, myself, and Top Cow official channels have stated numerous times that you will receive confirmation emails approximately 1 week after the deadline, and we have stated numerous times not to inquire before then. Seriously, both he and I have received several requests for confirmation and the initial deadline isn't even over yet.

Please, please be chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cow Ryan View Post
    The deadline is 11:59 tonight.

DO NOT REQUEST A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. DO NOT REQUEST A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.

If you have not received a confirmation email by NEXT MONDAY, then feel free to inquire. Confirmation emails will be sent out sporadically this week.

Both Matt, myself, and Top Cow official channels have stated numerous times that you will receive confirmation emails approximately 1 week after the deadline, and we have stated numerous times not to inquire before then. Seriously, both he and I have received several requests for confirmation and the initial deadline isn't even over yet.

Please, please be chill.
    justart27 is ice cold lol. looking forward to seeing other peoples entry work and feedback!
    Last edited by Justart27; 08-15-2017 at 05:23 PM.

All-New Member

Just emailed my submission, thought I'd share. Good luck to everyone!topcow4.jpg

All-New Member

topcow1.jpgtopcow03.jpg Having a hard time posting the rest.

All-New Member

Good day everyone! First post and just sent in my submission for initial feedback to Top Cow! ^__^ I Never tried something like this before but it was really fun to draw and i got so much inspiration from the people who've posted here already with their entries! Hope you all like my interpretation of Postal #16's first 6 pages
    Attached Images Attached Images