Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Yeah I submitted a script for Postal too. I'd like to think my issue fits nicely between issues 12 and 13. I kept current with the series and was even able to integrate some stuff from the newest issue into it. I hope I didn't take too many liberties with the story and characters though.

All-New Member

Same here. Thanks Top Cow. Also, wicked pencils dude. Great layouts.

All-New Member

Here's the page I submitted for the contest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

here's pages four and five.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Boeavis04 View Post
    here's pages four and five.
    You tackled the same pages i did! Nice. Like how your tone follows so close to the script

page 5 was messing with me on a few spots. not a word about the "cheesecake" guys lol.
    https://justart27.deviantart.com/art...try3-699448914
    Last edited by Justart27; 08-17-2017 at 07:56 PM.

All-New Member

Hey guys, I also submitted on the 15th (got a conifrmation the other day too).
    I totally agree with someone that said before that this is an amazing opportunity to grow and improve (and obviously get your feet in the business) as feedback is provided ! I mean, its so rare to actually get any kind of feedback these days; people are either ignoring or just outright dismiss your work without actually stating what they dont like. So I am really glad I managed to submit in time

Anyway, heres what I did. Because I drew them on an A3, I had to scan them in pieces (as I only have an A4 scanner) and then merge them digitally. I couldnt completely get rid of that dark strip in the middle though, not without compromising some of the lineart... I ll have to find a bigger scanner for next time .... :

PAGE1.jpgPAGE2.jpgPAGE3.jpg
    Last edited by Demetrius16; 08-18-2017 at 05:58 AM.

All-New Member

and the rest:

PAGE4.jpg PAGE5.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius16 View Post
    Anyway, heres what I did. Because I drew them on an A3, I had to scan them in pieces (as I only have an A4 scanner) and then merge them digitally. I couldnt completely get rid of that dark strip in the middle though, not without compromising some of the lineart... I ll have to find a bigger scanner for next time .... :

Do you have any print shops in your area? Maybe even a postal services that offers flat bed scanner services? Before I got my printer, I went to a FedEx and had them scan some pages of mine and put them on a thumb drive, that may be an option for you in the future.

so i finished page three.. and never posted it. so....
    https://justart27.deviantart.com/art...try4-699639578
    but im on the fence about which page to do at this point. i can do pg 4 or shift to page 6 to finish out. leaning towards 4 for the sake of sequence but..ahhh decisions. decisions...

All-New Member Professional Female Chair's Avatar

I totally agree with someone that said before that this is an amazing opportunity to grow and improve (and obviously get your feet in the business) as feedback is provided ! I mean, its so rare to actually get any kind of feedback these days; people are either ignoring or just outright dismiss your work without actually stating what they dont like. So I am really glad I managed to submit in time

What kind of scanner do you have? If you use a flatbed scanner, it's extremely easy to eliminate the dark edge around the two parts with programs like Photoshop. I always scan the strips singularly instead of half the page and set the scanner to have a stronger backlight, so that it doesn't pick up too much of the darkness between the page and the edge of the scanning part(you can always balance it later in Photoshop).
    Flatbeds don't scan precisely in A4, their format is always a bit bigger(mine is 2-2,5 cm bigger than a classic A4) so you can take advantage of that, and scan a bit more of each part, and later cut off the darker edges to assemble them cleanly
    Last edited by Professional Female Chair; 08-20-2017 at 01:02 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justart27 View Post
    so i finished page three.. and never posted it. so....
    https://justart27.deviantart.com/art...try4-699639578
    but im on the fence about which page to do at this point. i can do pg 4 or shift to page 6 to finish out. leaning towards 4 for the sake of sequence but..ahhh decisions. decisions...
    Man, I love your lineart! So crisp, and the layout of your panels in general! Great stuff ^__^

All-New Member

Wow....your shading is so on point! Like someone else already mentioned it really adds great atmosphere and mood to the story!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boeavis04 View Post
    Hi I submitted as a writer and artist, but at separate times. I'm worried one of the submissions won't be looked at because they share the same email, is there something else I should do to make sure both my submissions are reviewed?
    Both have been noted.

Thread got realllly quiet after the review deadline....interesting lol.

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justart27 View Post
    Thread got realllly quiet after the review deadline....interesting lol.
    Well, writers aren't allowed to post their scripts.

Art-folks could post away!
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman