Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello, I am writing a script for the talent hunt and have a couple of questions.

1. Can the script take place before the most recent issue of the comic? For instance, if I write a script for Postal, could it take place sometime between issues 1 and 3? Or does it need to go after the most recent source material being used (V1-5), which is issue 20?

2. To anyone that has read all of the source material: Is the character of Reverend Nixon explored after the first few issues of Postal? I've read the first fifteen issues and haven't seen anything. I've also read a few of the other sources and haven't seen anything. If he is, I would really appreciate any issues that you could point me to.

Thanks for any help!

JH
    Last edited by JLSuperNerd; 11-26-2017 at 11:21 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWe66 View Post
    Hi Top Cow, I have a quick question: I'm ready to resend my submission having made a few alterations/corrections, do I need to resend a copy of the submission agreement? Obviously the agreement is quite a large file and including it means compressing the art files I send in order to get my email under the 10mb limit.
    Nathan
    A very good question, I have also finished to redraw my submission

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperNerd View Post
    Hello, I am writing a script for the talent hunt and have a couple of questions.

1. Can the script take place before the most recent issue of the comic? For instance, if I write a script for Postal, could it take place sometime between issues 1 and 3? Or does it need to go after the most recent source material being used (V1-5), which is issue 20?

2. To anyone that has read all of the source material: Is the character of Reverend Nixon explored after the first few issues of Postal? I've read the first fifteen issues and haven't seen anything. I've also read a few of the other sources and haven't seen anything. If he is, I would really appreciate any issues that you could point me to.

Thanks for any help!

JH
    1. As far as I know, the story can take place anytime as long as it does not contradict continuity.
    2. Having read all of Postal, I don't remember seeing the Reverend again passed those first issues.

Good luck!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    1. As far as I know, the story can take place anytime as long as it does not contradict continuity.
    2. Having read all of Postal, I don't remember seeing the Reverend again passed those first issues.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWe66 View Post
    Hi Top Cow, I have a quick question: I'm ready to resend my submission having made a few alterations/corrections, do I need to resend a copy of the submission agreement? Obviously the agreement is quite a large file and including it means compressing the art files I send in order to get my email under the 10mb limit.
    Nathan
    Should be fine without resending.

Frank Miller Fan

I thought I would go ahead and post my entry for viewing. This is my fourth time entering. I know Top Cow is looking for new blood but I can't help myself from entering. It's so much fun and we get a nice pocket of time to complete these. Good luck to everyone entering.

LINK TO MY ENTRY

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fusciart View Post
    I thought I would go ahead and post my entry for viewing. This is my fourth time entering. I know Top Cow is looking for new blood but I can't help myself from entering. It's so much fun and we get a nice pocket of time to complete these. Good luck to everyone entering.

LINK TO MY ENTRY
    Wow, I love your style. Even if you don't win this thing, I hope to see you published somewhere. I'd definitely pick up your work.

Frank Miller Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperNerd View Post
    Wow, I love your style. Even if you don't win this thing, I hope to see you published somewhere. I'd definitely pick up your work.
    Many thanks for the kind words.

All-New Member

I just clicked send, damn that was tense, I’ve sat on it for days worried that it wasn’t good enough but finally I sent in my final submission. Fingers crossed.
    Oh and I made a short video about my submission.
    https://youtu.be/rooQB_Quauk

All-New Member

Hey guys. Mailed my submission. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by atagunilhan; 02-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Tkogod

Hey,
    I am finishing up edits made after reading Samaritan and the last issue of Think Tank, both of which impacted my story. Not knowing what you're writing, I can't say what's important, but both pieces have some very big implications for the world. Just as crossover events or other stories in any continuity would make freelancers make changes, I suggest that you either stay up to date on as much as you can, or else give some way of grounding the story in a time before certain events take place.
    Like, if it's set at the end of The Tithe vol 2 and you have read Samaritan issue 1, maybe find a way of making clear the events at the end of the vol 2 are recent, and that McKittrick isn't President yet.
    Not sure if that helps, but those were my thoughts.

All-New Member

Unfortunately for me. labor issues I can not finish my entry the contest, I just finished my first page today, I did not want it to be forgotten and I show it to you, maybe some of the writers will like it and be able to collaborate in the future, good luck everybody.

http://tunarte.tumblr.com/post/168313856776/page-1

All-New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me how i should complete the submission agreement, i dont know what to write on some fields from the pdf, il leave below on wich of them i need help
    asdasa.jpg
    dsdsdss.jpg

Please if u can help let me know, many thx in advance.