Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

You`re absolute killer at parties, I can tell.

LoL, such bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, such bitterness.
    The salt is real

Spectacular Member

Don't worry Joss and Warners, I'll make up for this lost box office.
    I'll see a Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie ten times.

Wow DC really upset you huh.

It'll be interesting to see what direction Whedon takes this. From interviews, it seems like he's implying that it would be something of an origin movie. Maybe it's a flashback story in the vein of Wonder Woman, or it just has Barbara Gordon starting up in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what direction Whedon takes this. From interviews, it seems like he's implying that it would be something of an origin movie. Maybe it's a flashback story in the vein of Wonder Woman, or it just has Barbara Gordon starting up in the present day.
    Well, the latter would be comic-accurate to classic Batgirl, though I'd expect (or maybe hope) they'd establish she was Batgirl back in the "glory days" of the Batfamily before Robin's Death, likely also including Barbara getting shot by the Joker and needing to recover from that given the previously cited influence of Simone's run.

I'm also expecting a version of Barbara that has a deep history with Bruce and Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, I hope it fails. Barbara Gordon is pretty much ruining Batgirl at this point and the film would only make it worse. Then again I also want Justice League to fail to meet expectations just to kill that direction for the DCEU, and I want the entirety of the CW-verse and the animated DC films to fail eventually, so it's nothing special.
    Ummm...yay?

BANNED

Wanting to see them fail because you dislike what they have offered is one thing but this here is just non sense. People need to accept that certain characters are more valuable to the company than others. There are far more wrongs in DCEU than the potential entry of Barbara flipping Gordon.

Lmao did Babsgirl run over Atlanta's puppy or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lmao did Babsgirl run over Atlanta's puppy or something?
    That's Duke.

BANNED

But dressed in Batgirl`s gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    After Wonder Woman, and I suppose Harley now, Batgirl is DC's 3rd biggest female solo character. So I don't think it is that much of a surprise. Sure, Whedon's name attached gives it a lot more press, but I think the value the property quite a bit still. Probably even more so after Wonder Woman's success.

I'm more surprised someone honestly expected a Nightwing movie over a Batgirl movie. Nightwing has never really gotten that kind of push in other media, even compared to Batgirl. I still don't believe his solo Nightwing movie will actually happen. Robin has gotten a lot of media exposure sure, but after the terribly received Batman and Robin movie the Robin identity has not been looked at favorably in live action for DC/WB. The Nolan movies continued it when Bale said he would quit if they ever introduced a Robin and they are basically skipping over Robin in the new DC movies already having a Robin be killed off in the universe.
    Batgirl was in Batman & Robin too. Nightwing won't go by Robin for his film obviously.

Ultimate Member

I think that she became a priority, once Whedon said that he wanted to make a movie about her (I think that that's what most likely happened). Which I'm fine with honestly, as long as the movie is good.

I'm curious to see if it'd be a full-on origin story, or if they pull a WW and have her already being Batgirl and her origins are told via flashback? I could see Whedon going either way with it. Also will Batman himself make an appearance?

Mighty Member

Hopefully a Dick Grayson flashback or cameo appearance. If a Batgirl movie comes out first, it should introduce the concept of multiple Robins to the general public, so that the Batman and Nightwing movies doesn't have to do it.

I'm more excited for Young Justice. The best animated series since DCAU and Avatar.