Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that she became a priority, once Whedon said that he wanted to make a movie about her (I think that that's what most likely happened). Which I'm fine with honestly, as long as the movie is good.

I'm curious to see if it'd be a full-on origin story, or if they pull a WW and have her already being Batgirl and her origins are told via flashback? I could see Whedon going either way with it. Also will Batman himself make an appearance?
    I think Batman should get a cameo at most. The thing that made Babs unique when she came onto the scene as Batgirl was her independence from Batman and Robin as compared to previous 'Batwomans' and 'Bat-Girls' who were just love interests. That's also why they better not Bruce Timm this movie in any way. Keep him and his self-insert fantasies out of this movie

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Hopefully a Dick Grayson flashback or cameo appearance. If a Batgirl movie comes out first, it should introduce the concept of multiple Robins to the general public, so that the Batman and Nightwing movies doesn't have to do it.

I'm more excited for Young Justice. The best animated series since DCAU and Avatar.
    I think Dick along with Dinah are the two DCU characters most likely to be introduced in the movie. All depends on what Whedon does though

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think Batman should get a cameo at most. The thing that made Babs unique when she came onto the scene as Batgirl was her independence from Batman and Robin as compared to previous 'Batwomans' and 'Bat-Girls' who were just love interests. That's also why they better not Bruce Timm this movie in any way. Keep him and his self-insert fantasies out of this movie.
    The most I can see Bruce being involved is maybe a nod to his training her after her debut and meeting each other in public or by chance on patrol.

Mighty Member

I think Batman should get a cameo at most. The thing that made Babs unique when she came onto the scene as Batgirl was her independence from Batman and Robin as compared to previous 'Batwomans' and 'Bat-Girls' who were just love interests. That's also why they better not Bruce Timm this movie in any way. Keep him and his self-insert fantasies out of this movie
    I remember the days when Bruce Timm can't do no wrong. He needs to get his groove back with the upcoming movie. The Killing Joke movie was only carried by the voice acting. Even the animation looked stiff and ugly for some scenes.

I think Dick along with Dinah are the two DCU characters most likely to be introduced in the movie. All depends on what Whedon does though
    Dinah would be important if DC/WB wants a Birds of Prey sequel or a Green Arrow movie. Helena can be introduced in Nightwing like she was introduced in the Grayson comics.

DC/WB doesn't have a clear linear plan or phases like Marvel. I hope they have one in the end of the year. The DCEU keeps on getting divided every year without a clear end goal. If they make a Batgirl and Justice League Dark movies, the DCEU would be divided more. What is the goal of Suicide Squad in the DCEU anyway? It could have been a Green Lantern Corps movie, so that we can have Green Lanterns in the Justice League now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karmasaywhat View Post
    Well, Barbara Gordon is a character that's mostly unknown to the general public imo. When people say they know of 'Batgirl', it usually means that they assume there's a female counterpart to Batman like Supergirl is to Superman.
    In ever media form that isnt comic its Barbra gordon
    so I dunno, steph is blonde and cassie chinese

I think people know the commisoner daughter is batgirl, becasue if she unknow then who do people think Catwoman is?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batgirl was in Batman & Robin too. Nightwing won't go by Robin for his film obviously.
    OMG i cant believe she made her on screen debut before Wonder Woman did
    I forgot about that, yeah, its really no suprise, a matter fact i think i can say she and the other gotham females have been priority their the most popular females chracters aside from wonderwoman

Supergirl only latly making a rise and follwed black canary

I remember the days when Bruce Timm can't do no wrong. He needs to get his groove back with the upcoming movie. The Killing Joke movie was only carried by the voice acting. Even the animation looked stiff and ugly for some scenes.
    Agreed. Bad animation and poor story decisions. But he wouldn't be the first person to lose their mojo with age. Hopefully the Harley movie will be better

Dinah would be important if DC/WB wants a Birds of Prey sequel or a Green Arrow movie. Helena can be introduced in Nightwing like she was introduced in the Grayson comics.

DC/WB doesn't have a clear linear plan or phases like Marvel. I hope they have one in the end of the year. The DCEU keeps on getting divided every year without a clear end goal. If they make a Batgirl and Justice League Dark movies, the DCEU would be divided more. What is the goal of Suicide Squad in the DCEU anyway? It could have been a Green Lantern Corps movie, so that we can have Green Lanterns in the Justice League now.
    Yeah, there really doesn't seem to be a plan at all. I hope they come up with one soon. I think a Batgirl sequel could easily function as a Birds of Prey movie. Suicide Squad should just be retooled into GCS imo. That could even crossover with BoP in the future

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    OMG i cant believe she made her on screen debut before Wonder Woman did
    I forgot about that, yeah, its really no suprise, a matter fact i think i can say she and the other gotham females have been priority their the most popular females chracters aside from wonderwoman

Supergirl only latly making a rise and follwed black canary
    Babs Batgirl was first introduced as a tv character, so Babs beat Wonder Woman in first live action appearance.

I think it's great. I just think it's gonna be interesting to get Gotham from a new narrative standpoint. And I hope Jim plays a big role especially JK Simmons portraying him so i'm hella excited for that. I think Joss working on Justice League for the last few months insinuates that he got to pick Batgirl since he is a major player now at WB. His vision will be interesting because we haven't really gotten to see Gotham as a fully fledged city yet so I want them to make it a bit Batman Beyond-ish but that's just me hoping. It's also gonna be the first time seeing some possible history and world building for the bat mythos in the DCEU, and it's with someone who's very built in there in the comics, so I hope it fills in a lot of the gaps that I felt BvS somewhat lacked.

Yeah I could easily see Dinah and Dick fit in there. I don't actually mind Bruce playing a role in the movie, nothing too major, but enough to be told what Bruce saw in Babs to take her on as a partner with Robin and trust her. I think the dynamic could be interesting with that layered upon that she's the Commissioner's daughter.

On tumblr there's a bit of rumbling about the Killing Joke considering it's based on New 52. I'm not a massive fan of TKJ but I've accepted it as a part of the batman lore just from sheer exposure. But having it in as a flashback in a batgirl movie can at least make Barbara "reclaim" the narrative, and it's not in a Batman movie so it can help ease some of the concerns about it related to Batman and not her. I'm still not that much of a fan of TKJ but it'll being interesting to see Joss' interpretation of it and I've seen people champion its PTSD aspect of Simone's run so that could be some representation that's not really touched on in superhero movies.

All I'm saying is that Joss better help Barbara's actress when she has to possibly film the TKJ scene and has to deal with Leto's method acting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    On tumblr there's a bit of rumbling about the Killing Joke considering it's based on New 52. I'm not a massive fan of TKJ but I've accepted it as a part of the batman lore just from sheer exposure. But having it in as a flashback in a batgirl movie can at least make Barbara "reclaim" the narrative, and it's not in a Batman movie so it can help ease some of the concerns about it related to Batman and not her. I'm still not that much of a fan of TKJ but it'll being interesting to see Joss' interpretation of it and I've seen people champion its PTSD aspect of Simone's run so that could be some representation that's not really touched on in superhero movies.

All I'm saying is that Joss better help Barbara's actress when she has to possibly film the TKJ scene and has to deal with Leto's method acting.
    TKJ is a lose-lose scenario. If it happens, some group of people would complain. If it doesn't happen, another group of people would complain. It's basically the Oracle vs Batgirl debate. Both sides have fans and their own individual preferences. I'm expecting a lot of articles about fridging and disability empowerment once the movie is here. A lot of debate and flame wars would be started. I can't see it any other way.

Leto needs to chill. You don't hear any news of Heath Ledger disturbing his co-stars, although what he did to prepare for the role was kinda crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    After Wonder Woman, and I suppose Harley now, Batgirl is DC's 3rd biggest female solo character. So I don't think it is that much of a surprise. Sure, Whedon's name attached gives it a lot more press, but I think the value the property quite a bit still. Probably even more so after Wonder Woman's success.

I'm more surprised someone honestly expected a Nightwing movie over a Batgirl movie. Nightwing has never really gotten that kind of push in other media, even compared to Batgirl. I still don't believe his solo Nightwing movie will actually happen. Robin has gotten a lot of media exposure sure, but after the terribly received Batman and Robin movie the Robin identity has not been looked at favorably in live action for DC/WB. The Nolan movies continued it when Bale said he would quit if they ever introduced a Robin and they are basically skipping over Robin in the new DC movies already having a Robin be killed off in the universe.
    I would be very shocked if a Nightwing movie ever got beyond the mention-to-the-press stage. It's like the long-lost Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum--it will never happen. However, the Batgirl movie has two things going for it:
    (1) Joss Whedon
    (2) the success of the Wonder Woman movie

To be honest, Wonder Woman was the ONLY bright spot in the very depressing Batman vs Superman movie. But this has really put Batgirl on the fast-track. DC will want more Justice League solo and group movies. My prediction: Nightwing will fall by the wayside. There's nothing to push it along.

I also think a Cassandra Cain movie would be more interesting than Barbara Gordon. But that ain't gonna happen, either.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 06-13-2017 at 12:04 PM.

yeah I've seen a lot of people worried about the Nightwing movie. But I think his Titans tv show is still a go ahead? Should be on tv maybe next year. So technically he'll beat Babs in the live action department. And then his movie is gonna come out which I think will be more like his bludhaven years I think. And YJ too. I don't think there is anything to worry about with the priority of the Nightwing movie, there's just other things being coordinated for him in the meantime.

Plus batgirl might be easier to adapt without the robin "baggage", not to say it's bad, but that means if Nightwing's movie came first it would have to address the Jason and robin history which I think would be more appropriate for a Batman movie so Dick's movie doesn't have Jason's shadow hanging over it which is a more fitting narrative for Bruce if that makes sense. Batgirl could address jason partially of course, but she's got her own initial mantel so it doesn't have a history attached to it except her own, but with robin it's got to be addressed. I think this makes sense I guess? I think I'm wording it wrong, but a more Nightwing movie might be better when the history of the 2 Robins have been established so as not to be all hashed into a Nightwing movie, so it's not about the shadow of Jason!Robin hanging over it all the time? look yeah I'm explaining it badly.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 06-13-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batgirl was in Batman & Robin too. Nightwing won't go by Robin for his film obviously.
    It wasn't more of an original character for Batgirl though, and Robin is one of DC's biggest brands but they won't use it in their live action movies. So it tells you sort of where they view it after all the hangups with it.

BANNED

You`ll likely see Red Hood (I`ll make a bet with anyone) down the road and Nigthwing than "Robin". The only Robin you`ll see is a Jason flashback with Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It wasn't more of an original character for Batgirl though, and Robin is one of DC's biggest brands but they won't use it in their live action movies. So it tells you sort of where they view it after all the hangups with it.
    Robin is not integral part of DC movies not because Batman and Robin was terrible, but because Robin suppose to be a child/teen. He is hard to adapt properly character (all versions of him). And honestly, I believe Nolan didn't want Robin in his universe, because with Robin half of problems that Nolanverse villains created for "I'm working alone" Batman could've been solved easily.
    Nightwing's appearance in DCEU hardly would be affected by DC/WB's view on Robin.
    Last edited by nightbird; 06-13-2017 at 03:10 PM.

I only see Robin happening in flashbacks. The only viable Robin I see in the future is Carrie Kelley because Afleck is a major fan of DKR and has mentioned Carrie a couple of time and I'm pretty sure Afleck is def gonna have the final say on who the potential future Robin might be. But yeah I don't see a Robin any time soon in present day.