Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The question that should be asked isn't why mutants are hated and feared, its how should the X-men go about ending anti-mutant discrimination because clearly punching bad guys isn't enough. I think the answer is to build alliances with other minority groups, other superhero teams (example Unity Squad) and with ordinary humans on a personal level (which is what Dani Moonstar advocated when she took a third option during the Schism).

Again with you Earth logic!

I guess the writers and editors feel if you stop the bright spandex colored punch fest readers would lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Again with you Earth logic!

I guess the writers and editors feel if you stop the bright spandex colored punch fest readers would lose interest.
    As Pym-Tron has so recently shown a lot of times a simple conservation can be far more entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Spidercide:

Conquering? Well dehumanization is very popular even there. Many posters here like to dehumanize other people who have different opinion. How would they act if they would have fight against them?

No. I wrote that bad and good are subjective.

I am pretty sure that You can replace mutants with refugees. Yet some people will hate refugees because they can die in terrorists attacks right now.

I think that You should read Uncanny Avengers vol issue 6 - about media and their job
    heroic mutants being underreported - Astonishing or New X-men had scene about this. that's true

which group?

but Apocalypse and Jubilee .... they describe themselves as mutants

he hates Carnage because super villains are not a group. carnage calls himself : carnage

but fox is doing everything different and shows generic stories.

who were hiding
    Conquest is by definition an act of profit so again, prejudice is institutionalized partially out of profitary reasons...not that conquest is ever justified.

SOME aspects of bad and good are subjective. In this case case when it comes to prejudice they are not.

“I am pretty sure that You can replace mutants with refugees. Yet some people will hate refugees because they can die in terrorists attacks right now.”

I have no clue what this even means.

I didn’t mean group as in an organization. I meant it insofar as by merely existing they are part of a group. The same way an England person would be part of the group known as ‘English people’.

Super villains who are not mutants thereby are part of the non-mutant super villain group but are not treated like innocent mutants are.

Yes but Apocalypse and Jubilee conduct themselves in entirely different manners. Jubilee is a heroic person and Apocalypse is an evil monster. You are saying the public make a distinction between the Scorpion and Luke Cage as villain and hero but they don’t do that for mutants. All mutants are bad is the general consensus.

Super villains are a group just like mutants are. They are people with super powers. Villains use them for evil. Most mutants don’t. But humans hate individual non-mutant villains for themselves but hate mutants en masse.

Carnage mass murders people and he’s treated as a warped individual who happens to have powers.

If the X-Men accidentally cause collateral damage or if Magneto tries to take over Earth to humans that’s exemplary of how ALL mutants are dangerous freaks.

It was reflective of the comics though. Mutant registration was a thing there too.

But the media knew they existed somewhere, they saw them in action.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    PR is not a quality people are just born with. the FF as well as Antman, Wasp, Hulk and in terms off capital on Midgard had less resources starting out then the wealthy Charles Xavier. Their approach to superheriosm worked toward getting that good PR or at least not inspiring the idea that science born superpowers are an inheritely dangerous idea in the Hulks case. But Professor X' way singlehandedly prompted a universal hatred of mutants that gripped humanity and would never let go again. Regardless of whether you are willing to admit that this is blaming Xavier I think it's a bad explanation.
    How did the FF have less cash than Xavier?

And how did the Avengers given Stark’s money?

Hey genius?

QUOTE the parts of anything I said where I claimed other heroes having good PR single handily is the reason people hate mutants?

It wasn’t Xavier’s fault other people did different things to him.

I think you weren’t paying attention to the entirety of what I said.

BANNED

Spidercide :
    not that conquest is ever justified
    conquest can be justified.
    SOME aspects of bad and good are subjective. In this case case when it comes to prejudice they are not.
    all aspects
    "syrian" refugees and mutants are similar. Both groups have vocal group who create bad pr for them (villains for mutants, terrorists for refugees
    I didn’t mean group as in an organization. I meant it insofar as by merely existing they are part of a group. The same way an England person would be part of the group known as ‘English people’.

Super villains who are not mutants thereby are part of the non-mutant super villain group but are not treated like innocent mutants are.
    non-mutant super villain group? this group doesn't exsist.
    how would You call this group:
    American, Englishman ad German? people right
    Yes but Apocalypse and Jubilee conduct themselves in entirely different manners. Jubilee is a heroic person and Apocalypse is an evil monster. You are saying the public make a distinction between the Scorpion and Luke Cage as villain and hero but they don’t do that for mutants.
    they don't the difference. especialy because x-men have many villains/terrorists in their ranks.
    Apocalypse and Jubilee - they call themselves - mutants
    Scorpion and Luke Cage - they don't
    Super villains are a group just like mutants are. They are people with super powers. Villains use them for evil. Most mutants don’t. But humans hate individual non-mutant villains for themselves but hate mutants en masse.
    mutants use their powers for evil(not all but some)
    Carnage mass murders people and he’s treated as a warped individual who happens to have powers.
    because he is
    If the X-Men accidentally cause collateral damage or if Magneto tries to take over Earth to humans that’s exemplary of how ALL mutants are dangerous freaks.
    but he is an X-man
    But the media knew they existed somewhere, they saw them in action.
    true but usually mutants are doing evil things.

BANNED

I think it's for a few reasons,

Mutants call themselves "homo superior" which is frankly pretentious as hell.

Mutants are constantly talking about how they're the "next step in evolution" which is again pretentious.

There's guys like Magneto running around causing various acts of terrorism on behalf of mutant kind

Mutants are born with their powers while other heroes get them through accidents or experiments.

The biggest reason I think is racism inherently makes no sense and is irrational

more hate in this world we have because people judge other instead of trying to understand them than because there is few racists in the world who hate people without reason.
    Maybe that;s flimsy pretext for You but for them?
    I doubt.
    And why do you feel the bolded part doesn't count as hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    You are so right, if you're White, they'll make you anti-Colored, and if you're Colored, they'll make you anti-White tsk tsk
    looking at racism this way ignores why the subject exists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And why do you feel the bolded part doesn't count as hate?
    This is hate.
    I don't agree with assumption that people hate other people without reasons.
    I don't agree that racism is not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Sublime makes them hate Mutants.
    Thank you.

As long as this answer has neen around it surprising it takes multiple pages to get brought up every time this topic comes around.
    They are, in other words, posed the way their male colleagues are typically posed. They are posed as heroes.
    G. Willow Wilson in regards to this picture.

This is hate.
    I don't agree with assumption that people hate other people without reasons.
    I don't agree that racism is not logical.
    what can be logical about it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    what can be logical about it?
    People usually made rational decision from their point of view.
    People don't hate other people without reasons. Some people they were hurt by them. Some because they have problems in life. Some because they were taught that way.
    different people have different reasons.
    and that's why this is logical.

people should be able to defend their children.
    when other people try to kill them? it is logical that at least some will hate right?

People usually made rational decision from their point of view.
    People don't hate other people without reasons. Some people they were hurt by them. Some because they have problems in life. Some because they were taught that way.
    different people have different reasons.
    and that's why this is logical.

people should be able to defend their children.
    when other people try to kill them? it is logical that at least some will hate right?
    eh people are taught all kinda crazy things that they know are illogical...Religion for one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    eh people are taught all kinda crazy things that they know are illogical...Religion for one
    so what?
    having beliefs is good for health
    all people have beliefs
    it can be religion or something different like :
    -people are racists
    -people hate gays
    -no meat = healthy diet