View Poll Results: Will you be buying PP:SSM #1?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!

28 65.12%
  • Nah, not interested

3 6.98%
  • Gonna wait and see

12 27.91%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I don't know Zdarsky's work at all but that FCBD preview was painful to read. That, combined with the advance solicits, have me considerably less enthused about this title; I suppose I will pick up the first issue---maybe first few---but I don't expect this to be like the original volume of PP:SSM at all which is what I had originally hoped.

Yep this is exactly how I feel. I am hoping that the first few issues are as someone else said "Secret Empire filler issues" and after that I sure hope that they get to resemble the 70's run. FCBD issue sure did not impress me a whole bunch, in fact it made me more nervous about this title unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I don't know Zdarsky's work at all but that FCBD preview was painful to read. That, combined with the advance solicits, have me considerably less enthused about this title; I suppose I will pick up the first issue---maybe first few---but I don't expect this to be like the original volume of PP:SSM at all which is what I had originally hoped.

I haven't seen the FCBD preview or any advanced solicits. What was it about the preview that did not resonate well with you? I've got all of the original volume of PP:SSM and was hoping this new volume would build upon that with a mature tone. I've seen a bit of Chip Zdarsky's work on "Sex Criminals" - (BTW, not the type of comic book I'm into). He certainly can't use that kind of dialogue or humor in this volume of PP:SSM.
    TIME AND A WORD

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic Eye View Post
    I haven't seen the FCBD preview or any advanced solicits. What was it about the preview that did not resonate well with you? I've got all of the original volume of PP:SSM and was hoping this new volume would build upon that with a mature tone. I've seen a bit of Chip Zdarsky's work on "Sex Criminals" - (BTW, not the type of comic book I'm into). He certainly can't use that kind of dialogue or humor in this volume of PP:SSM.
    Eh, it wasn't just one thing that didn't sit well with me; it was really the whole vibe starting with juvenile humor and an overall silly tone. But I am willing to give the first issue---or first few---a shot. Hoping it proves me wrong though I am not optimistic.