Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have mixed feelings. Personally I hope they keep making these shows forever...

however?? This idea of planning a sequel or trilogy before the first show ever comes out?? THAT I don't like. Movies should be stand alone until they find their feet. I've seen too many movies that spend too much effort setting up their expanded universe and setting up sequels that they don't bring their A-game to the movie they're actually WORKING on. It worked for Batman Begins/Dark Knight... so now it's common practice. What do we get? Green Lantern movies without evil Sinestro... Mummy 2017.... Batman v Superman... Amazing Spider-Man 2?? Everything ends on cliffhangers that don't get answered.

Compare that to movies like Star Wars, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Even things like Raimi's Spider-man or Pirates of the Caribeean . All stand alone movies with a definitive end that the public demanded more and they kept going... but the first movies stood alone.

Planning for trilogies is the epitome of counting your chickens before they hatch... and it's a VERY dangerous attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have mixed feelings. Personally I hope they keep making these shows forever...

however?? This idea of planning a sequel or trilogy before the first show ever comes out?? THAT I don't like. Movies should be stand alone until they find their feet. I've seen too many movies that spend too much effort setting up their expanded universe and setting up sequels that they don't bring their A-game to the movie they're actually WORKING on. It worked for Batman Begins/Dark Knight... so now it's common practice. What do we get? Green Lantern movies without evil Sinestro... Mummy 2017.... Batman v Superman... Amazing Spider-Man 2?? Everything ends on cliffhangers that don't get answered.

Compare that to movies like Star Wars, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Even things like Raimi's Spider-man or Pirates of the Caribeean . All stand alone movies with a definitive end that the public demanded more and they kept going... but the first movies stood alone.

Planning for trilogies is the epitome of counting your chickens before they hatch... and it's a VERY dangerous attitude.
    Actually, MCU has good track record of setting things up and still being a good stand alone movie. Only Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron to some extent went too far in setting things up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Actually, MCU has good track record of setting things up and still being a good stand alone movie. Only Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron to some extent went too far in setting things up.
    I've thought so, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the 'combined universe' bogging it down. Still even if Marvel gets a pass, there are a lot of shows that have screwed this up... and I don't know how deep Sony's still involved. Still annoyed I didn't get an Amazing Spider-man 3 after that sinister six tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe does seem to have real-time, so it's unlikely to go that slow.
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 takes place mere months after the first film so "real time" doesn't seem to be set in stone. (Of course Holland is still contracted to appear in Avengers films.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    A trilogy would be nice if for no other reason it's been said the Sony and Marvel deal is for this film, the sequel, and the two Avengers films so if there is a trilogy they build up to it's worth it for both parties then to play nice.
    Explain this deal.

Hope he's not in high school for all three movies.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Hope he's not in high school for all three movies.
    I imagine he will be since they seem to be hyping up that part of it.

Fantastic Member

I think I read that each film will cover a new school year. So this was his sophomore year and the next one will be his junior year.

She's gotta be MJ. Mary Jane would never settle for anything less then top billing .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's gotta be MJ. Mary Jane would never settle for anything less then top billing .
    Not according to the guide book magazine.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    LOL. But of course, it's freaking MJ! LOL.

In all seriousness though I'm curious to see what Homecoming is going to be like when I go and see it.