Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gary Frank teased the first art from Doomsday Clock ,featuring Superman

Well looks like he's dreaming of something. Good art from him as always.

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

I am so excited. Gary Frank is the "destined artist" when it comes to Superman IMO

I really hope Johns knocks it out of the park with this one.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It would be nice if Johns actually tries to compete with how amazing I imagine Grant Morrison would write this if he had been assigned it instead. I want to believe in Johns more again, as a Superman writer.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It would be nice if Johns actually tries to compete with how amazing I imagine Grant Morrison would write this if he had been assigned it instead. I want to believe in Johns more again, as a Superman writer.
    Right on! Grant Morrison would be amazing on a story like this. I hope Johns does well with this. I'm very excited for this story.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    No one was "assigned" Doomsday Clock, it was entirely Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's idea.

I do agree Morrison would have been great on this, and for all we know, Morrison might have influenced Doomsday Clock in some way. It's no secret that Morrison influenced Convergence to a pretty large extent ("God Brainiac" and the return of an infinite Multiverse were apparently his) and may still be pitching ideas/offering suggestions behind the scenes.

Incredible Member

I hope (dare I say suspect) that Johns is looking at "classic Superman" more and more in terms of his characterization, rather than the "I'm so conflicted and alone" version that's permeated things for so long, including in several aspects of Johns own work. I think the general reaction to both the New 52 and the DCEU versions so far has dissuaded him of all that. And since Rebirth as a whole came from Johns...

Fingers crossed.

And yeah, the Frank art tease looks great as expected. I see some Watchmen-esque nine panel grids will be on the menu.

Fantastic Member

The art looks fantastic. I'm glad Supes is getting an epic event story done by top-level talent.

I'm feeling optimistic about this!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Frank said there was something revealed about the story in here other than that Superman seems a bit bothered by something. Any guesses? Any Watchmen experts know if these mirror any images from that?
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I'm no expert, but the first thing it reminds me of from Watchmen is Nite Owl waking up from his troubled dream of him and Silk Spectre kissing on Mars as a nuclear explosion goes off.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

Frank said there was something revealed about the story in here other than that Superman seems a bit bothered by something. Any guesses? Any Watchmen experts know if these mirror any images from that?
    maybe the trunks he has on symbolizes something? lol that's all I can guess.

BANNED

Uhhh......they are in bed! What does this suggest?!! How dare they illicit such potential promiscuity!

It reveals the secret ending to issue #1. Look closely at Lois...where is her head? Now look closely at Clark, where is his elbow? When he has a bad dream and his arm jerks, her head is going through the floor!

Oh yeah. Spoilers, whoops! Lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

next panel he turns his head, opens his eyes and he sees doctor Manhattan lying next to him, face to face.
    Doctor M: "you are hogging the sheets Superman"