Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Overdrive he's black as far as I'm concern..
    if so, I'm guessing he's mixed. he's been drawn to look someone middle-eastern or even indian/Pakistani. I could also see him being Mexican, Nicaraguan, or Honduran. Spencer already confirmed Beetle to be part black (her dad) and part Dominican (her mother). the coloring in Superior Foes was a little off though. Abe was just as dark skinned as Overdrive, for instance. and, sometimes, Shocker was too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I have a t-bolt team/max series (24-36 issue) for that group & team would be half villains & half heroes/ppl u want to be heroes/who are viewed as heroes..

Black Widow - Leader, Would struggle with both Overdrive & Jolt idolizing her (some what unjustly in her opinion)
    Jolt - would be her 2nd & the most heroic person on the team (taken over the Songbird role, time For Song to move on the other things imo)
    Overdrive - would join by choice, with idea it will fast track him to the superhero life, wanting to be a hero
    Tombstone - would be made to join thanks to his lawyer working out a plea deal to get jail time off his sentence ( he'd be in jail after the events of PM & IF). Tstone & Beetle would be manipulate most of cast for 2/3 of the series.. Time to show just why he's bad ass again.
    Beetle - would join the team at the end of the 1st arc after saving them from a trap she & her father set for them, no one would really know she's a villain for most of the series other than Overdrive..
    To the team other than (Overdrive), Beetle will be new hero on scene (Janice would be using a fake name & will change her look so they won't know she's Janice Lincoln or & was/is the villainous Beetle. But just the all new all different heroic villain..
    Overdrive would know something up- Janice would give a half truthful story that she's just join the tbolts to spend time with her father (truth), to make him go straight (true/lie).. She's their also to break him out when the time is right..
    Daken- would get throw in jail & Laura & OML would request he goes on the team. Daken would be on to Tstone/Beetle plan & would plan to make his move when time is right..
    Ai Apaec - Would start off being a US jail, the people of northern Peru (who still worship him- they would view him as both as a god & superhero) would demand he be free & returned to his home land.. To save face & restore good will with the ppl of Peru the US government put him on T-bolts for a year & half (then will have to let him go) to sever the rest of his jail time/commute his original sentences of life..
    Winter Soldier - BW & WS rship will be restored, WS & Ai Apaec have a secret history, WS & Daken will have words to say the least..
    Moonstone - not sure which way I want to go hero but shes on their aswell..

Also Jolt/Overdrive/Beetle love triangle..
    Bullseye- would probably join at some point..
    I like all of the characters (Ai Apaec was an instant favorite). but that team is way too large. I've read books with large casts. it never really works for me. 6-7 max is my preference. if it's a rotating cast, that's good. I could also see the Tombstone storyline work by itself in a superior foes book; as opposed to Tbolts. I feel as if Black Widow would never allow his secret agenda to grow; like she wouldn't even take the risk of having him and Beetle on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, probably. I always thought Spider-Man would be a good fit on the Thunderbolts given how he's persevered as a hero despite being treated like a villain by the media and the public possibly inspiring others on the team to follow his example in pursuing genuine reformation even if they're still treated like the villains they used to be. Ben would be an excellent twist on that idea, as a "hero gone bad, now struggling to find his way back," and he would probably have quite a wicked sense of gallows humor to contrast with Peter's brand of quipping.
    one aspect of a good tbolt is a character who meets one or more of the following criteria (imo)

1. identifies as a villain

2. is amoral enough to fit in either category

3. is perceived as a hero or a villain but actively dismisses the label

I don't think Peter fits in any of those categories. he's a good guy who does good. doesn't matter if the public doesn't reinforce that image. Pete's above being a t-bolt. Clint worked only because he didn't really see himself as above the Thunderbolts; even though they were criminals. I think Ben is a version of Peter who has tasted corruption. he's not what he used to be and more fits in category 2, at the moment. Kaine's still a good guy; as far as I'm concerned. but he also fits into category 2.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Taskmaster is one of those characters who are always on the cusp of something greater. I'd like him to have a more prolonged and pronounced presence in the MU.
    I have no doubt that he will eventually have a solo movie or show up in the MCU. that would, undoubtedly, lead to a series or mini-series. he's just got a good story and skillset (well, until they retcon his origins again).

I loved Madam Masque in International Ironman. The design of her mask was beautiful. I love her as a femme fatale, and there's great story potential given that Count Nefaria is her father.
    they mainly keep the two apart. I think she's had more appearances alongside Parker Robbins than the Count. but she's back on the West Coast. so maybe that will change.

The Thunderbolts isn't necessarily the best place for the Hood, but I'm waiting for him to make a comeback. Doctor Strange or Defenders or Uncanny Avengers would all be good places for him to appear. His skill set makes him very interesting, and he's had interactions with various important characters before.
    I'd rather see him as an antagonist of the team. the Crimson Cowl was, inexplicably, working for him.

Enchantress is another one who isn't necessarily suited for the Thunderbolts, but I mentioned her because she is underrated, and I'd like to see her utilized more often She should definitely be showing up in Mighty Thor at least
    she's certainly Masters of Evil quality. but I'd like to see Amora do bigger things. I'm not sure what form that ambition would take, though. I don't get her motivation. is it just boredom/a need for attention?

Taskmaster, he's always been sort of anti-villain. The guy concerned about money, but also the ease of his pay day. Taskmaster just saying 'fuck it, it's not worth the pay' is becoming a great running gag. He's played Anti-Hero convincingly before, and for the right price I could see him playing hero or trainer of heroes.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Taskmaster, he's always been sort of anti-villain. The guy concerned about money, but also the ease of his pay day. Taskmaster just saying 'fuck it, it's not worth the pay' is becoming a great running gag. He's played Anti-Hero convincingly before, and for the right price I could see him playing hero or trainer of heroes.
    which costume; classic or udon?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if so, I'm guessing he's mixed. he's been drawn to look someone middle-eastern or even indian/Pakistani. I could also see him being Mexican, Nicaraguan, or Honduran. Spencer already confirmed Beetle to be part black (her dad) and part Dominican (her mother). the coloring in Superior Foes was a little off though. Abe was just as dark skinned as Overdrive, for instance. and, sometimes, Shocker was too.

I like all of the characters (Ai Apaec was an instant favorite). but that team is way too large. I've read books with large casts. it never really works for me. 6-7 max is my preference. if it's a rotating cast, that's good. I could also see the Tombstone storyline work by itself in a superior foes book; as opposed to Tbolts. I feel as if Black Widow would never allow his secret agenda to grow; like she wouldn't even take the risk of having him and Beetle on the same team.
    Good points,

Also BW wouldn't know that Beetle & Tombstone were related , only Overdrive would know.. Daken & Moonstone would figure it out /put it together.. Widow & rest won't find out till it would be to late...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

one aspect of a good tbolt is a character who meets one or more of the following criteria (imo)

1. identifies as a villain

2. is amoral enough to fit in either category

3. is perceived as a hero or a villain but actively dismisses the label

I don't think Peter fits in any of those categories. he's a good guy who does good. doesn't matter if the public doesn't reinforce that image. Pete's above being a t-bolt. Clint worked only because he didn't really see himself as above the Thunderbolts; even though they were criminals. I think Ben is a version of Peter who has tasted corruption. he's not what he used to be and more fits in category 2, at the moment. Kaine's still a good guy; as far as I'm concerned. but he also fits into category 2.
    That's an interesting assessment of what it means to be a Thunderbolt. I just thought it'd be a good exercise in dramatic irony that a hero often perceived as a villain by the public could join a team of villains who passed themselves as (and later tried to actually become) heroes. Speaking of the Scarlet Spiders and their amorality, it does seem like they both have limits and standards to a certain degree even if they don't hew to traditional (superhero) morality anymore, such as Kaine with his interrogation of Dr. Rita Clarkson in issue 2 and not going as far as he threatened, or Ben freaking out in issue 3 about one of the Web-Spinners (Spider-Man cosplayers who also try to fight crime like Spider-Man) being ruthlessly killed. I could see an interesting dynamic there with the Scarlet Spider(s) joining the Thunderbolts and having to contend with the even more ruthless or less reformed members of the team.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ah, who should be in the Thunderbolts, here is a list that works
    Songbird
    Jolt
    Ghost
    Bucky
    Fixer
    Moonstone
    Task Master (over due to be in Thunderbolts imo)
    Black Ant
    Diamondback (that would be Rachel Leighton, not Willis Stryker,
    and with him back, put her in the Ronin suit, {anyone with a background
    in martial arts can be Ronin}, and she could use punch daggers, staff, shuriken spikes)
    With the Thunderbolts possibly under SHIELD's
    "competent" (yeah right) eyes, this team would be SHIELDs $#!^ list team, each of those
    characters listed is in SHIELDs bad books (a "dirty dozen" type team if you will)
    Oh who should be a Thunderbolt that was not a part the 'Bolts, well Task Master, and Diamondback (Rachel), both are characters used to operating in hues of gray.
    Last edited by Blu_Spyder; 06-15-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's an interesting assessment of what it means to be a Thunderbolt. I just thought it'd be a good exercise in dramatic irony that a hero often perceived as a villain by the public could join a team of villains who passed themselves as (and later tried to actually become) heroes. Speaking of the Scarlet Spiders and their amorality, it does seem like they both have limits and standards to a certain degree even if they don't hew to traditional (superhero) morality anymore, such as Kaine with his interrogation of Dr. Rita Clarkson in issue 2 and not going as far as he threatened, or Ben freaking out in issue 3 about one of the Web-Spinners (Spider-Man cosplayers who also try to fight crime like Spider-Man) being ruthlessly killed. I could see an interesting dynamic there with the Scarlet Spider(s) joining the Thunderbolts and having to contend with the even more ruthless or less reformed members of the team.
    Peter could maybe lead a Thunderbolts team; in the way that Clint did. but I suspect that Otto probably did it first and better when he was superior spider-man. Ben would be a good addition because of his personality and science acumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    Ah, who should be in the Thunderbolts, here is a list that works
    Songbird
    Jolt
    Ghost
    Bucky
    Fixer
    Moonstone
    Task Master (over due to be in Thunderbolts imo)
    Black Ant
    Diamondback (that would be Rachel Leighton, not Willis Stryker,
    and with him back, put her in the Ronin suit, {anyone with a background
    in martial arts can be Ronin}, and she could use punch daggers, staff, shuriken spikes)
    With the Thunderbolts possibly under SHIELD's
    "competent" (yeah right) eyes, this team would be SHIELDs $#!^ list team, each of those
    characters listed is in SHIELDs bad books (a "dirty dozen" type team if you will)
    Oh who should be a Thunderbolt that was not a part the 'Bolts, well Task Master, and Diamondback (Rachel), both are characters used to operating in hues of gray.
    I would love to see either. feels wrong to have Leighton join up w/o Constrictor (R.I.P), though.

I would love to see either. feels wrong to have Leighton join up w/o Constrictor (R.I.P), though.
    As much as I liked Constrictor, and that he met a sad end, Diamondback joining Thunderbolts wouldn't be wrong, she could benefit hanging around "like minded"characters (I see Songbird, Jolt, Bucky, and Ghost) and if she dons the Ronin ninja suit, she would not be the first Captain America partner to conceal their identity within The Thunderbolts series (hello Jack Monroe as Scourge).
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    As much as I liked Constrictor, and that he met a sad end, Diamondback joining Thunderbolts wouldn't be wrong, she could benefit hanging around "like minded"characters (I see Songbird, Jolt, Bucky, and Ghost) and if she dons the Ronin ninja suit, she would not be the first Captain America partner to conceal their identity within The Thunderbolts series (hello Jack Monroe as Scourge).
    maybe. I'm not sure what I'd want it to be the Ronin suit. it's only connection to the T-bolts is Clint. and that was already a poor fit, imo. she might as well be dressing as Scourge or Citizen V. it's not like she's a weapons expert in the same way that Echo was. I'd rather that she just be Diamondback and Willis just go by 'Stryker.'

hell, why not have Rachel become the new Constrictor; to honor Frank and change things up? her suit could accommodate coils. and they were likely harvested from Constrictor's body.

^with maybe energy coils like Frank had during the shadow initiative

I kind of liked Asp's redesigned look when she showed up in Daredevil, too.

I like how they incorporated her hood into the armor.