Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default September Solicitations tease Mr. Oz and Tim Drake developments

ACTION COMICS #987
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Lenticular cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Variant cover by MIKEL JANIN

“THE OZ EFFECT” part one! The agents of the mysterious Mr. Oz begin to move as the Man of Steel works to stop the chaos they unleash in Metropolis and across the globe. But when Mr. Oz steps from the shadows his identity rocks the Last Son of Krypton to his core. The story that began in DC Universe: Rebirth #1 begins to end here!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • Lenticular version $3.99 • Nonlenticular version $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #988
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by PATCH ZIRCHER
    Lenticular cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Variant cover by MIKEL JANIN

“THE OZ EFFECT” part two! As Superman struggles with the ramifications of Mr. Oz’s identity, the mysterious figure’s origins and the long road to Superman’s doorstep finally reveal themselves.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • Lenticular version $3.99 • Nonlenticular version $2.99 US • RATED T

DETECTIVE COMICS #965
    Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by EDDY BARROWS
    Cover by EDDY BARROWS
    Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

“A Lonely Place Of Living” part one! It’s the story you’ve demanded: Where in the world (or otherwise) is Tim Drake? Red Robin faces a crossroads…escape the most devious prison ever devised, or find himself abandoned beyond time and space for all eternity! Not much of a choice, right? But when he finds out just who is locked in there with him, Tim’s world will change in ways he never imagined! This is one of the biggest stories of the REBIRTH era, setting the stage for an explosive DETECTIVE COMICS epic!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/13/e...nd-detective-c

BANNED

Well...didn't see this coming.

Still hoping its the Pre-Flashpoint YJ4 Tim's gonna find.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I kinda figured both of these plotlines would be saved for Doomsday Clock, but I'm excited either way.

Astonishing Member

This feels like the right timing, right amount of time, to get these back on the frontburner. Now that we know the scope of Black Dawn and the Revenge Squad in the superbooks in particular, getting to Oz in September (after a few short "family vacation" type stories) seems right for the Supers. As for Tim ... I could've handled a hint sooner, but obviously his capture hinges so much on the Superman books getting to the Oz revelations and it seems ... kind of obvious, maybe? Hopefully? ... that the thing that would unite Tim (and make him stay behind) and the big revelation for the Superbooks would be that Kon-El is in that prison - and that's almost the only sort of revelation that I feel would justify Tim's long absence at this point, though I've personally enjoyed the ramifications of his KIA/MIA status in the Bat-Books (Stephanie shifting gears ... Bruce dealing with that and other things that are making him want to be a better person and finally popping the question, yadda-yadda.)

My big question then becomes ... whence Bart Allen, and will there be Flash/Legion fallout?

I do feel like all roads are pointing toward Superboy Prime.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well...didn't see this coming.

Still hoping its the Pre-Flashpoint YJ4 Tim's gonna find.
    I'm actually hoping it's Infinity, Inc. LOL. I know... long shot.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Hmmm, lenticular covers for Action.

BANNED

Well, at least he's back. Its still Tynion writing and doesn't sound particularly interesting... but at least he's back.

It's good to know we can finally expect the reveal of Oz's identity and what's going on with Tim in September. It's been a slow-burn, but it's good to see that coming to a head as we get closer to Doomsday Clock .

It sounds like, whoever Oz is, they're someone who Superman would recognize.

I hope Tynion doesn't go overboard with Tim's breakout, though I have a feeling he's going to discover the rest of Young Justice among Oz's prisoners.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Tynion doesn't go overboard with Tim's breakout, though I have a feeling he's going to discover the rest of Young Justice among Oz's prisoners.
    Well, we can only hope there's a Secret in there, huh?

Spectacular Member

A welcome surprise, this should free up more room in the doomsday clock for the other plot points left dangling since rebirth #1, also must add I originally thought Oz was Ozymandias, but by the sounds of the solicits it's someone supes most definitely knows or atleast has history with. I still very much doubt it's pre crisis Lex or loool superboy prime, I wonder who it could be any thoughts?

Which pretty much throws the Ozymandias theory out the window.

BANNED

About time really, Oz's identity has been dragged out for 3 years now and I cant help but laugh at the Tec solicits. Apparently some fans were convinced that we were going to get a Steph centric arc with Anarky where she would learn the error of her ways.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well, at least he's back. Its still Tynion writing and doesn't sound particularly interesting... but at least he's back.
    You really are a gloomy goose.
    The point is finally his time has come. I hope he brings Kon back with him because i really want Kon to meet Jon

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    About time really, Oz's identity has been dragged out for 3 years now and I cant help but laugh at the Tec solicits. Apparently some fans were convinced that we were going to get a Steph centric arc with Anarky where she would learn the error of her ways.
    Wait what? That surely will com...... Oh crap this better not end with arrival of Tim makes all better and she learns nothing and not consequences.

But..... how would that work?

He's met OZ in person. If he was someone he would recognize, wouldn't he have recognized him before now?