Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default What would be your cosmic supervillain plot for taking over the DC Universe?

Let's say you are a DC supervillain with cosmic ambitions, and you have the resources to pull it off. What would be your strategy, though? Who would you go after first? Superman? Batman? The Green Lantern Corps? Flash?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I'd just ignore Earth. I'd be perfectly happy with 99.99999% of the DCU. It's a relatively dull little planet without much use, and it is ridiculously well defended.

The Green Lantern Corps wouldn't be that big a deal. The few Lanterns with plot armour tend to be on Earth anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'd just ignore Earth. I'd be perfectly happy with 99.99999% of the DCU. It's a relatively dull little planet without much use, and it is ridiculously well defended.

The Green Lantern Corps wouldn't be that big a deal. The few Lanterns with plot armour tend to be on Earth anyway.
    This seems perfectly viable to me. Really, what's the big deal about earth? We're on the far edge of a average galaxy, we don't have anything worth taking (except arguably the metagene, but other races have something similar anyway) and we're a pain in the ass to conquer. I'd just leave earth alone and go after Rann.

But if for some reason I was a cosmic super villain and I wanted to take over the earth.....and assuming I can do whatever I want because you said resources.....

Well honestly I'd just go to the beginning of time and replace the giant hand at the start of it all and become god. But assuming you're looking for a more convoluted answer?

I jump around the timestream, buying and stealing small quantities of Nth metal from Thanagar, never enough at once to really be noticed and taking care not to arouse the attention of the seven devils. I use that to build a cage. I bring my cage to present-day Central City and drop Iris in it, disguise myself as whichever of the Rogues is currently MIA and challenge Flash to save Iris or watch her die bwahahhaa. When Flash arrives he'll go to Iris, probably planning on just vibrating them both out of the cage. But Nth metal interacts with the fundamental forces of the universe, and as the source of kinetic energy that includes the Speed Force. So I nullify Barry's speed. I dont want him dead, because that's the best way to ensure he returns (no one stays dead), so I shatter every bone in his body, scramble his brain, and leave Iris with the medical equipment to keep him alive. Keeps them both too distracted to escape and off the board. I use dwarf star tech to shrink the cage to just this side of the microverse, after installing bombs rigged to explode if the collective IQ in the cage reaches a certain point (indicating Barry is healing) and then I drop it into a black hole. I leave a message as "Barry" to let everyone know I'm taking Iris on a vacation to the future, but will be back in a week; giving me time to execute the rest of my plan before Barry's absence is noticed.

Might be overkill, but we're talking about a Crisis event here, and I know my history well enough to know you don't want a Flash around for one of those.

Then I break all the crooks out of Arkham (pretending to be one of the crooks currently MIA) and hire Deathstroke to kill Damien, Dick, and Alfred (probably using telepathy to make Slade *think* he's been hired, so chasing the money is a fake trail to waste Bruce's time on). That'll all I gotta do to keep Batman busy for ages. And it's not so out of the ordinary it's going to raise *much* suspicion. When the time is right and he's spread thin, I use low level aerokinesis to slow Batman down just enough for a villain to get a killing blow in.

Two heroes dead, and hopefully no one even suspects I exist.

That's how I'll start.....but it's late and work comes early so perhaps I'll finish this later, if anyone cares to hear more.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Might be overkill, but we're talking about a Crisis event here, and I know my history well enough to know you don't want a Flash around for one of those.
    True enough, and I'm enjoying this, but you just got rid of Barry. If we're talking about the general DCU and not the DCU as it is right now, that still leaves you with 3 Flashes (Two of whom can perform some absolute nonsense with their abilities), the zen master of the Speed Force, Jesse Quick, and since they're the ones you as the villain would underestimate, the biggest threats in the form of NuWally and Iris II.

If you really want to be a Crisis level threat, ALL Flash family members must be taken out of the picture, or you're going down.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Strategy totally depends on my own abilities. I need a little more info to see whether or not the ideas I already have are feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Strategy totally depends on my own abilities. I need a little more info to see whether or not the ideas I already have are feasible.
    I imagine that you (as this hypothetical villain) have resources to match Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor, but as we've seen in their previous failures, the application of brute strength isn't enough. You'll need to have a winning strategy to succeed where they previously failed.

Last edited by Buried Alien; 05-31-2017 at 01:20 AM.

I would kill hope. Psychic virus infecting the Big guns, making it impossible for them to have hope, so they would not fight back.

And I would create a barrier around the Earth so NO Lantern Corps can spoil my evil plans.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

Theoretically, if you take out Barry Allen before he even gets born, would the Speed Force even exist?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I imagine that you (as this hypothetical villain) have resources to match Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor, but as we've seen in their previous failures, the application of brute strength isn't enough. You'll need to a winning strategy to succeed where they previously failed.

Cool, I was hoping for something like that.

My first instinct would be to go straight for Oa. Take over the Power Battery and coerce the Guardians somehow into giving me control over the Corps. Probably with the threat of annihilation. I'd either harness it or shut it down. That's the Universe's intergalactic army neutralized at worst, and under my control at best.

Then I'd use that force to smash New Genesis and Apokalips into each other. Don't need competition. But I'd take some of the New Gods hostage because I need them for later.

I'd then kidnap Psycho Pirate (is it a real Crisis without him?), as well as Cyborg. I'd make Cyborg broadcast fear and paranoia onto every screen in the world. Chaos would ensue. I'd streamline "anger" into the feeds of Earth's superheroes so they do as much destruction as possible. It wouldn't take long for Earth to consume itself.

An alternative to that plan is to kidnap Scarecrow, Metamorpho, and maybe Ray Palmer so that I can transform Metamorpho into a giant fear gas that would achieve the same affect. I'd have to keep my eyes on Palmer though because he could just as easily engineer my destruction right under my nose.

I'd repeat the process on Thanagar and take all the Nth Metal in the process. Make me a nice giant suit of armor for anyone like Mongul or Brainiac who try to stop me.

In order to combat the realm of magic, I'd kidnap Zatanna and tell her I'll let the world destroy itself in madness unless she casts certain spells that protect me and kill the other powerful magicians on Earth. I'll have to ensure that a certain combination of words she uses against me will trigger Earth's explosion and her death.

In the mean time, I'll have an agent-perhaps Despero-giving tribute to Ares on Earth and ensuring he grows powerful from the violence so that the rest of the Greek gods don't interfere with a literal deus ex machina. Hopefully Ares would be able to overpower Shazam the Wizard as well. Despero would be thankful for all the pain and emotion he'd be consuming and extracting from the world. And he'd be thankful enough to eventually do my bidding, which is make contact with the source wall. As far as I know that's the real key to power in the DCU, and I want it. Ultimate knowledge, and power beyond mortal conception.

That's Earth neutralized, the Quintessence defeated, and the rest of the universe too weak and unprotected to do anything about it.

The only thing that could stop me at that point is a rag-tag group of technologically basic civilizations led by a few pirate-resistant heroes I've let slip through my fingers, after forging a temporary alliance with intergalactic bad guys. And the source itself could reject and banish me. But I like my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Theoretically, if you take out Barry Allen before he even gets born, would the Speed Force even exist?
    Probably. I think many people take "Barry Allen is the source of the Speed Force" out of context, or perhaps Geoff Johns never articulated his actual idea accurately. To me, it's not so much that Barry created/generates the Speed Force...it's that the Speed Force has ALWAYS existed, and in the 20th/21st Century, it became embodied in one human being...Barry Allen. Why the Speed Force chose Barry to be its physical embodiment remains a mystery, but that's how I've always interpreted it.

To me...it's sort of parallel to how the Force conceived Anakin Skywalker from Midichlorians...another concept dearly cherished by legions of fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Probably. I think many people take "Barry Allen is the source of the Speed Force" out of context, or perhaps Geoff Johns never articulated his actual idea accurately. To me, it's not so much that Barry created/generates the Speed Force...it's that the Speed Force has ALWAYS existed, and in the 20th/21st Century, it became embodied in one human being...Barry Allen. Why the Speed Force chose Barry to be its physical embodiment remains a mystery, but that's how I've always interpreted it.

To me...it's sort of parallel to how the Force conceived Anakin Skywalker from Midichlorians...another concept dearly cherished by legions of fans.

What I got from Rebirth was that yes, the Speedforce has always existed, but it was created when Barry Allen was struck by lightning and spread through time and space from that moment out. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    True enough, and I'm enjoying this, but you just got rid of Barry. If we're talking about the general DCU and not the DCU as it is right now, that still leaves you with 3 Flashes (Two of whom can perform some absolute nonsense with their abilities), the zen master of the Speed Force, Jesse Quick, and since they're the ones you as the villain would underestimate, the biggest threats in the form of NuWally and Iris II.

If you really want to be a Crisis level threat, ALL Flash family members must be taken out of the picture, or you're going down.
    Oh, I haven't forgotten the other speedsters. I have plans for them.

Its not a Crisis without a dead Flash, but its also not a Crisis unless you use a Flash for your own purposes......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If I was Darkseid, I would just secretly buy up WB stock until I had enough to take over the company.

Astonishing Member

i would need starro and eclipso to be able to possess the heroes. i would target first the big guns in the league.

thinking about it, i would probably start with manhunter robots as sleeper agents first, then a wave of starro and eclipso diamond. of course i would be wearing monarch's armor, and krona's gauntlet while all of this is happening.

I would first take out Plastic Man and Elongated Man.
    Original Blue Beetle, Spectre, Legion of Super Heroes, Martian Manhunter, The JSA and Booster Gold...