Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

I had forgotten something regarding Post-Crisis Maxima coming back.

Maxima died during OWAW, which is canon again for Superman.

Fantastic Member

I've leaned toward the Oz being in the "Wizard of, not in Kansas anymore" sense since Rebirth started. I think the solicits for these issues, and the August ones, definitely lean toward that.

As for who he really is, having him be someone that connects to both Superman and Lex really narrows the field. I think old theories like Post-Crisis Lex could have greater weight because of that. Since we know Crisis things have happened because of the reappearance of the tuning fork in The Forge, Alexander Luthor would be a stronger possibility too.

I just can't see him being Pa Kent; I think there is still something to come with the Kents, but "Pa Kent with powers" is way, way out of left field. I could see Conner, but I also think there's more to come with Young Justice.

I could see the "older Jon Lane Kent" as a reason to eliminate that character once and for all to clear the way for Conner's return. I can't really see it being Jon Samuel Kent.

I think there's a chance it could be an older version of Superman; Jurgens planted a cliffhanger in Batman Beyond just before it got the Rebirth treatment. Or maybe the OG himself, Earth-2 Kal-El, since we don't know how past stories have been changed.

But I tend to lean towards him being a villain who has seen the big picture. I'm very curious as to how it turns out.

Spectacular Member

I think he called himself Oz because he comes from Kansas.

I'm now starting to think he is Pa Kent.

Oz calling himself that name because of the Wizard of Oz connection would be a great connection to someone Superman knew from Smallville. If it was Pa Kent though, why hasn't Superman recognised him?

Its why Jonathan is unlikely. Superman's seen most of his face. Its part of what makes me think that if it is someone Superman has a prior connection to, its Jon. You can get away with saying that since Clark obviously has never seen his son as a fully grown mature adult, with what he's seen of Oz it could at least be plausible that he wouldn't recognize him right off the bat.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Could be jor-el if he knew exactly where kals ship would land,or maybe Oz is Kenny braverman(conduit).

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Considering The Button's shocking surprise ending was revealing that it was Dr. Manhattan, which everybody already knew because it was *&%$ing obvious, maybe we shouldn't be getting our hopes up too high here. It's probably just Ozymandias.
    Agreed, but would Ozymandias have that impact on Superman? Unless, most shockingly, Superman knows Ozymandias from a story not yet written...

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Could be jor-el if he knew exactly where kals ship would land,or maybe Oz is Kenny braverman(conduit).
    I'd love to see Conduit back. In that same vein, what if it's Pete Ross? I don't know what became of Pete in the New 52.

Spectacular Member

Well, I hadn't thought about Kenny... that definitely would make sense.

But, you know, Kenny was incinerated and clearly dead in the end of the Death Of Clark Kent story-arc... so, I don't know.

The fact that Clark has seen most of Mr. Oz's face doesn't necessarily mean we have to cut Pa Kent off the list: Mr Oz's got a pretty violet face... so he could have altered his features...

But future solicits indicate Mr Oz will unleash against Clark... meaning he is clearly a villain... and I just can't see Pa Kent being ever a villain in Clark's life...

So, I guess if he's not Ozymandias he's got to be Jonathan from an alternate/possible/tangent future.

Considering the very strong connection that Jon and Kathy now have and that will remain a staple in his life according to Gleason, perhaps Oz is a future version of Jon where Kathy at some point in his life died and it sent him to become what he is right now.

DC loves to insinuate that Clark goes batshit if Lois dies. Wouldn't surprise me if they do the same with Jon if he ever lost who seems to be his literal soul mate.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El