Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I just hope the "real" Maxima isn't characterized like she was Pre-Flashpoint, wanting a mate, specifically Superman.

Here's hoping that aspect of the character doesn't make it back.
    Well depending on how much history is restored, I wouldn't be surprised if Maxima attempt at "courting" Superman is still canon, but that she's moved past it by now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well depending on how much history is restored, I wouldn't be surprised if Maxima attempt at "courting" Superman is still canon, but that she's moved past it by now.
    If they bring it back, it needs to be counter-balanced by another drive. A character that's driven by two forces that at times oppose each other is inherently more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    If they bring it back, it needs to be counter-balanced by another drive. A character that's driven by two forces that at times oppose each other is inherently more interesting.
    With Maxima showing up, I'm going to be curious to see what the status of Almerac is.

BANNED

I want to see how they,if they will that is,have Maxima wanting to find the perfect mate like Superman,and personally being a lesiban.

Tim drake bring Kon back,it's time

All this talk of Maxima and no one's talking about that cover? Who the hell are all those people making up the \S/?

action-comics-987.jpg

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    And Keith Champagne has joined the Superman creative team as a writer. I wonder if that's just for one arc, or if he's on-board going forward.
    Well Champagne joins the crew at the start of the Qward 2 part arc, and he still seems to be around after. The solicitation where he shows up seems to imply that he's in it for the long haul.

It's also worth mentioning that Champagne co-wrote The Might, an evil Superman pastiche, with Tomasi for DC a while ago. I could see him staying on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    All this talk of Maxima and no one's talking about that cover? Who the hell are all those people making up the \S/?

action-comics-987.jpg
    It looks like...some kind of serpent surrounded by Kryptonians or Martians and average Metropolis citizens.

Whoever Oz is, they definitely have a connection to the S-symbol.

I am totally down to read anything related to Superman and Apokolips. A little bummed that the Sinestro arc is only 2 issues.
    Last edited by The Learner; 06-20-2017 at 01:11 AM.

At this point I have no idea who Oz is.

I;m guessing he is Superboy/Conner Kent and the person imprisoned with Tim Drake is Bart Allen.
    Bring on Young Justice LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I want to see how they,if they will that is,have Maxima wanting to find the perfect mate like Superman,and personally being a lesiban.
    I find that interesting; it suggests that a big drive for her is honor and duty (and Superman respects that).

BANNED

Bryan Hitch is leaving JL for good.

https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...96796811649024

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by durabill View Post
    At this point I have no idea who Oz is.

I;m guessing he is Superboy/Conner Kent and the person imprisoned with Tim Drake is Bart Allen.
    Bring on Young Justice LOL
    I hope Kon isn't Oz,that would halt a happy YJ reunion fast,and stop him from coming back as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I find that interesting; it suggests that a big drive for her is honor and duty (and Superman respects that).
    Yeah I thought that could be a good way to go with it.duty against personal desires,wouldn't be a bad way to go,and I haven't seen it played out that way so could be interesting

I think I see Mongul on that 'S' there, maybe?

If the solicits aren't just exaggerating (which is always a possibility but lets assume for a moment its not), then in my mind there's only three viable options. Future Jon, Jonathan, or Jor-El. The son or the fathers.

If it IS exaggeration, then it'll end up Ozymandias.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If the solicits aren't just exaggerating (which is always a possibility but lets assume for a moment its not), then in my mind there's only three viable options. Future Jon, Jonathan, or Jor-El. The son or the fathers.

If it IS exaggeration, then it'll end up Ozymandias.
    Considering The Button's shocking surprise ending was revealing that it was Dr. Manhattan, which everybody already knew because it was *&%$ing obvious, maybe we shouldn't be getting our hopes up too high here. It's probably just Ozymandias.