Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Action Comics September 2017 Solicits

Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.

BANNED

So Oz's identity actually means something to Superman. Something big.

That makes it pretty unlikely he's Ozymandias.

So, who would it be then? Superboy-Prime? Jonathan Kent? Future Jon? Alexander Luthor? Post-Crisis Luthor? (he did attain Godhood at the end of Post-Crisis continuity), Kal-L? Kon-El?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd be very surprised if Kon-El weren't either the other prisoner in Detective or Oz himself.

However, I'd bet good money on an older Jon being Oz like Clem suggests. Jon's potential future is a hot button issues in Superman right now. It would also provide the sufficent enough "gut punch" to Clark to find out that the apparent architect of his misfortune is his own son (given that Clark doesn't know about Manhattan). However, I think Ozymandias is in fact part of the equation. It's possible that Jon studied under Ozy or at least adopted some of his teachings.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Kon-El weren't either the other prisoner in Detective or Oz himself.

However, I'd bet good money on an older Jon being Oz like Clem suggests. Jon's potential future is a hot button issues in Superman right now. It would also provide the sufficent enough "gut punch" to Clark to find out that the apparent architect of his misfortune is his own son (given that Clark doesn't know about Manhattan). However, I think Ozymandias is in fact part of the equation. It's possible that Jon studied under Ozy or at least adopted some of his teachings.
    Oz being Jon would also play into how Jon is supposed to be way more powerful than Superman. It would also explain what looked like restrained heat vision when Oz discovered Mxy had escaped.

One of the biggest strikes against the Jon theory is that Oz was created way before Convergence was announced, but we don't know how long they've been planning things, or they could have just decided on Oz's identity recently.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I don't think it'll be Jon because Oz was surprised by Jon's actions at the end of Superman Reborn..plus if they still count that Ulysees arc when Oz talks about seeing Clark as a boy, that couldn't have been Jon.

I do think Jon will have some sort of role to play in all this, just don't think it'll be that.

If it's not Ozy, I'm guessing Alexander Luthor.

Didn't the last set of solicits tease a revelation from Oz really messing Lex up?

I could see that as another hint that it's Alexander Luthor.

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think it'll be Jon because Oz was surprised by Jon's actions at the end of Superman Reborn..plus if they still count that Ulysees arc when Oz talks about seeing Clark as a boy, that couldn't have been Jon.

I do think Jon will have some sort of role to play in all this, just don't think it'll be that.

I just had a very unlikely and kind of offensive thought. What if Oz is actually Jonathan kent (as in papa kent not the son)

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Oz being Jon would also play into how Jon is supposed to be way more powerful than Superman. It would also explain what looked like restrained heat vision when Oz discovered Mxy had escaped.
    Very true!

One of the biggest strikes against the Jon theory is that Oz was created way before Convergence was announced, but we don't know how long they've been planning things, or they could have just decided on Oz's identity recently.
    That's true, but we also know that Jurgens came to DC with Jon long before Convergance. How much in advance, I don't know, but Jurgens made it sound like it was pretty well in advance. Also, you're right in that this could all be a recent change.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not if he's an alternate future Jon. Plus his ability to exist outside of space time allows him to be at any point in Clark's life.

But why would that be such a relevant revelation to Clark? You'd have to make it someone that both current fans and Clark would really care or and be surprised by. It says " But when Mr. Oz steps from the shadows his identity rocks the Last Son of Krypton to his core." and "As Superman struggles with the ramifications of Mr. Oz’s identity." Him being Prime or a Luthor doesn't seem like something that would "rock Clark to his core." Seems more like a "damn dude, what are you doing here?" moment. It being Ozy also has no relevance to Clark because he has no idea who that is or why he should care beyond "hey, stop messing with my life, you dick."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't the last set of solicits tease a revelation from Oz really messing Lex up?

I could see that as another hint that it's Alexander Luthor.
    But then why in turn would that mess up Clark?

At least if it's Jon or something like that, Lex can have a sort of "I knew Superman was no good moment, and your very existence is validation of that." It's also worth noting that it would be Lex finding out that Clark can reproduce with humans. Might be a big reaffirmation for him. Or maybe Oz tell Lex the futility of his heroic endeavors?

I'm wary of the how much stock to put into solicits as always, so its not enough to make me doubt Adrian Veidt yet. But future Jon would be interesting. Although if who Oz is supposedly affects both Superman AND Lex, Kon actually becomes a better candidate.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don't think Oz will be Kal-L or even Superboy Prime, because as far as we know, Identity Crisis may never have happened or happened the same way as it did pre-Flashpoint.

I doubt it's Kon, either, since he's "missing" from the timeline established in Aftermath; he's more likely the prisoner referenced in the TEC solicits.

I also doubt he's a Luthor, as any reveal of Luthor wouldn't likely "rock Superman to his core."

That only leaves Jonathan Samuel Kent (current Superboy) OR, and I think this is most likely,

Jonathan Lane Kent.

He was the son of New 52 Lois and Clark in a parallel universe, and while he shouldn't technically exist after Reborn, we know he was plucked from time by Harvest and raised to be a meta-human killer. Since time travel and manipulation is involved, Jon Lane Kent might very well exist as an anomaly himself, motivated to interfere in the lives of his "parents" in revenge.

This would also line up with Oz's surprise at seeing the timeline altered by the actions of Lois and Clark at the climax of Reborn; he's more than passingly knowledgeable about time travel and mechanics and is surprised they pulled something like this off.

Consider also Jon Lane Kent's power set, from Wikipedia:

Eventually, Jon encounters his future self (the genetic template for Kon-El) in the present—in stasis, dying from illness— and touching it, creates a temporal paradox which, through a lingering psychic connection to Kon-El who remains alive in the distant future, pulls them as well as Superboy Jons and Kons from across the Multiverse as well as other timelines to a pocket universe. The younger Jon teams up with Kon to fight against his older, psychotic self with help from Rose Wilson and Guardian, but find they are massively outmatched by him. The older Jon is even able to use his psionic powers to take control of the minds of the other Superboys, numbering in their hundreds, and siphon the power of a Green Lantern from one of the alternate worlds. The younger Jon heroically sacrifices himself to destroy the elder Jon, obliterating them both through his TK, sending all the other Jons and Kons back to their respective timelines, dimensions and universes. Jon isn't erased from history, and his actions outside of the pocket universe are well remembered, but he is truly gone, leaving Kon-El once again as Superboy.[6]

Powers, abilities, and equipment[edit]
    Similar to Kon-El, who possessed "tactile telekinesis", Jon is a powerful telekinetic. His telekinesis allows him to levitate and manipulate items around him, and even to analyze anything he touches. This allows him to mimic some of the powers of Superman, such as flight, superhuman strength, and superhuman speed. He can also absorb information about things in his vicinity, cloak himself from sight by bending light around himself, generate force fields, propel nearby objects as a projectile attack, and interfere with nearby machines, among other things. He is also shown to be able to absorb energy from metahumans he kills. Jon's psi powers also extend, in limited degree, to low-level telepathy as well—sufficient to read unprotected minds, which assists him with pretending to be Kon-El even in the presence of Kon-El's closest friends. His human-alien hybrid physiology is also a weakness; it causes him constant pain and agony.
    Jon Lane might have been siphoning the power of hundreds of metahumans he's killed throughout time and even the Multiverse, making him even powerful enough to imprision Myx.
    Last edited by Atomic Man; 06-13-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

TBH, having it be Ozymandias seems a little too obvious. Superboy Prime seems the next most likely culprit but what if it's someone we haven't seen in a while? What if it's Pete Ross? He said he knew Clark as a kid. Well, Ross fits that to a tee.
    Assassinate Putin!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

What if this is Jor-El?

My first thought was that Oz could actually be the OG Jonathan Kent as well. Remember way back in the new 52 days, people thought it could be him way back when he first appeared, he implied he was a mentor to Clark. That bit wouldn't make much sense coming from Superman's son, but from his dad? That theory died down considerably when the Watchmen were revealed to be involved, but it doesn't mean it's ruled out completely. Finding out his Pa is alive and Mr. Oz would also deliver a powerful gut punch to Clark, if it were true.
    Though it being Jon Samuel Kent sounds better. Explains why he's afraid of mr. mxyzptlk, given their history. And There has been a lot of forshadowing on how dangerous he has the potential of becoming. And we have seen Oz with the red eyes of a kryptonian.
    Superboy Prime is also in the running for potential suspects. Never know with that little bastard.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-13-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

I think it could be dozens of characters. From SB Prime to Jon of the future... I think we should focus on what Oz really wanted from the start... his motives...
    Why did he isolate Doomsday, Mxy, Tim and possibly others? What does that have to do with Superman?
    For example... what in the world does the isolation of Tim Drake have to do with Superman's life?

My only guess is that Conner is involved. Someway, somehow.

Only if we examine and clarify Oz's actions and real motives we can have a chance to discover his identity.

I can guarantee you it was Ozymandias in the beginning, but they did a good job mixing things up and now they might have changed is identity into someone much much more related to Clark...

How about a new thread with all our possible candidates? I think if we, as a forum, combine our efforts we will find out who this freaking Oz is... because right now his identity is driving me nuts!!! :-)))

P.S. So it looks like Clark will have to deal with Oz first and then take on Manhattan... uhmmm... busy end ot the year for the man of steel... way to go DC!!! Superman needs THIS kind of stories!!! That's the way to keep the character always at his best!!!!
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 06-14-2017 at 12:06 AM.