Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

You know I don't discount Jon as Oz,he could be easily,just wanted to throw out that jor has the paternal thing,the focus needed,and the in and out of reality thing,because of the H'el shenanigans.

I'm cool with being wrong,I'm cool with all of us being wrong.

Spectacular Member

I think Mr.Oz is someone very close to Tim Drake.

He once was very close to some blonde girl too...

He once died, but then he came back.

He once saved the world... he wants to save it again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    I think Mr.Oz is someone very close to Tim Drake.

He once was very close to some blonde girl too...

He once died, but then he came back.

He once saved the world... he wants to save it again...

Maybe black zero,but not Kon,he wouldn't do the things Oz has,even if it was to save the universe,he would find another way,just like superman would.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superfamily on Apokolips? I'm down .

I guess it makes sense that Perkins would touch on her Supergirl run now that she's writing Superwoman, though by introducing the "real" Maxima I wonder if we're getting classic Maxima back alongside the version she created?

It's good to see New Super-Man still going into a new arc .

Maxima being back is good. The pre-FP Maxima from the sound of it is even better. I'd like it better if she was showing up in Action/Superman though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Oh wow, Maxima back. And the book still manages to avoid cancellation along with all the other low selling titles.

Also, Tomasi and Gleason finally getting to use Lex! Him having a big arc in Superman makes me think less of Oz being any kind of Luthor. Also, I thought Jurgens would handle this plotline since it was initially teased in Action Comics.

BANNED

Maxima, oh it's good to have her.

Lois better carve a feverous path down fury road

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh wow, Maxima back. And the book still manages to avoid cancellation along with all the other low selling titles.

Also, Tomasi and Gleason finally getting to use Lex! Him having a big arc in Superman makes me think less of Oz being any kind of Luthor. Also, I thought Jurgens would handle this plotline since it was initially teased in Action Comics.
    It would be nice to see some good coordination between Tomasi and Jurgens on that front, if that's the case .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice to see some good coordination between Tomasi and Jurgens on that front, if that's the case .
    Well, they did do a crossover together recently, so I imagine they keep up through editors and what not.

Also, the solicit for Superwoman calls Maxima Supergirl's "mentor," when I recall her being Kara's peer in Perkins' run.

I think that definitely lends to the idea of an older, classic, Maxima showing up in that issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also, the solicit for Superwoman calls Maxima Supergirl's "mentor," when I recall her being Kara's peer in Perkins' run.

I think that definitely lends to the idea of an older, classic, Maxima showing up in that issue.
    Sister? Aunt? I...would not mind that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I just said I want Maxima back and not one but possibly two show up!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superman, Super Sons, Action, and Metal sound hype AF.

Superman #31 and Super Sons #8 in particular sound amazing. Tomasi wasn't playing when he said they're just gonna keep going big and stranger. They had me at "it's a game of thrones on Apokolips," but they absolutely killed the game at "some sentient multiversal clay!" This all sounds so hype! I love that after going to Qward we immediately head off to Apokolips to battle for a throne!

Also gotta love how the whole family tags along after the likely solo arc on Qward. Love that everyone is getting some independent conflict. This is how it should be some of the time. Treat the book like Morrison's JLA for time to time. Give us a central conflict, but then split the fam up for a bit, and reunite with Superman doing something amazing.

Formula for success!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I just hope the "real" Maxima isn't characterized like she was Pre-Flashpoint, wanting a mate, specifically Superman.

Here's hoping that aspect of the character doesn't make it back.

And Keith Champagne has joined the Superman creative team as a writer. I wonder if that's just for one arc, or if he's on-board going forward.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 06-19-2017 at 04:18 PM.