Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The idea that Nth Metal, Fate's helm, Poseidon's trident, the Amazons' bracelets, the Multiverse tower, and, presumably, the Oan power rings are all made from the same metal is genius.
    If by genius you mean idiotic ,trite and just waiting to be retconed in a few years by someone who can actually write, then yes. Pure genius.

I don't think it's that they are all made of the same metal, so much as they all draw energy from the same place. I assume this is the Dark Multiverse that's been teased so much.

Man, I did not expect the Plastic man Dark Knight Strikes Again moment.

Finally got my hand on it, and it's an excellent tease ! Clearly, Snyder have taken quite a lot of time getting back to his own works on Batman to get back at the seeds he wanted to use here. I also like the continuation of Batman building teams to face-off enemies unknown.And the tease for The Immortal Men... I want to read it already !

Very interesting issue, but a very out of character Hal Jordan. Hal wants to go back and get the Justice League because his ring has never reacted the way it did? The guy who killed himself to escape from the Dead Zone and beat the lord of the dead, is afraid because "his arm is on fire"? Who is Snyder and Tynion thinking they are writing here?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New interview with Snyder and gives a lot of information about his plans for some of the cameos we saw: http://www.cbr.com/interview-scott-s...R-TW&view=list

-Sounds like a lot of new books are gonna be announced between now and Comic Con.
    -Looks like the new outsiders are gonna appear in detective comics first, before they get their own series, if they even do.
    -Duke's name and book will be announced when the casting comes out.
    -Plastic Man will have a big role in Metal.
    -the Justice League and Hawkman are the main characters of Metal
    -The Three Joker storyline won't be answered here, but Snyder knows about it and talked about how to make this story work with Johns
    -While Doomsday Clock will answer the mysteries of Rebirth, Metal is designed to open up new corners of the DCU and make new characters.

BANNED

Ugh, I have to pick up Tec for Outsiders? and that book is crammed as F. Wouldn't mind if they cancelled JLA or removed Batman from that team in favor of Outsiders.

About new books, aren't Dark Matter books supposed to launch from this line? and there's the Nightwing mini as well as the Mister Miracle maxi, add the Duke book (LOL) as well as the Doomsday Clock mini/maxi and that should be about like 9-10 books from August to November. Can DC afford this strategy?
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 06-14-2017 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    If by genius you mean idiotic ,trite and just waiting to be retconed in a few years by someone who can actually write, then yes. Pure genius.
    Its a Snyder/Tynion thing, they just have a need to over simplify things, from the Robin's being defined by a single personality to Harper, Cass and JPV having an over lapping origin to these metals.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    New interview with Snyder and gives a lot of information about his plans for some of the cameos we saw: http://www.cbr.com/interview-scott-s...R-TW&view=list
    What's really interesting from a high level is that Snyder is saying this is Crisis-level/worthy, reveals a lot about the Multiverse, but he only doesn't call it a Crisis event because there is no reboot, no universe fixing involved. So I take all that to mean this is Snyder's COIE basically, his take on a Crisis event.

I'm kinda surprised. I think it will address more than some expect. Not just a door opening universe expander, but more fundamental revelations about the DCU like you'd find in COIE, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What's really interesting from a high level is that Snyder is saying this is Crisis-level/worthy, reveals a lot about the Multiverse, but he only doesn't call it a Crisis event because there is no reboot, no universe fixing involved. So I take all that to mean this is Snyder's COIE basically, his take on a Crisis event.
    Feels to me more like his "Final Crisis", which revamped the Multiverse but didn't change much in-continuity in Earth-Prime. Though yeah, dropping the "Crisis" moniker is smart. It especially feels like that because he's done his "Super Historical Conspiracy Against Batman" storyline, his "Batman Dies" storyline and his "The Next Batman" storyline and we know in All-Star he'll be doing the "End of Batman/Strange Future of Batman" story. Very much in the Morrison mold, though quite different in its own way as well.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was a pretty strong start that threw a lot of different balls in the air. I am a little confused by timeline of it all though. Did Batman's investigations begin with finding that tooth in the Talon or had he been digging into the mystery metal prior to that? They said he'd been looking into this stuff for years.

Aside from that minor bit of confusion, there's a lot to love here. The idea that Nth Metal, Fate's helm, Poseidon's trident, the Amazons' bracelets, the Multiverse tower, and, presumably, the Oan power rings are all made from the same metal is genius.
    I suppose Legion flight rings could also be connected to the metal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Ugh, I have to pick up Tec for Outsiders? and that book is crammed as F. Wouldn't mind if they cancelled JLA or removed Batman from that team in favor of Outsiders.

About new books, aren't Dark Matter books supposed to launch from this line? and there's the Nightwing mini as well as the Mister Miracle maxi, add the Duke book (LOL) as well as the Doomsday Clock mini/maxi and that should be about like 9-10 books from August to November. Can DC afford this strategy?
    Marvel has made a job of doing it-why not DC. It will just be more 25 & dollar & grab bag fodder like the Marvel ones.

Duke's name and book will be announced when the casting comes out.
    So basically Dc will have it's version of X-Men vs Inhuman mess when Tim Drake fans go after Duke fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

So basically Dc will have it's version of X-Men vs Inhuman mess when Tim Drake fans go after Duke fans.
    It's not that bad yet. I haven't seen any Tim fans requesting that Tim himself kill Duke, nor have I seen any Tim fans make death threats toward Duke fans. Both things that happened with the X-Men and Inhumans.

Default Tuning Fork vs Multiversal Tower

This might be more of semantics (or maybe not), but was that a Vibrational Tuning Fork (from Crisis on Infinite Earths) or the Multiversal Tower (from Infinite Crisis)? Some people might dismiss them as the same, but if you've read those stories, you'd know they functioned differently. The one from Infinite Crisis had the remains of the Anti-Monitor in it, so I'm inclined to say this was probably just a tuning fork from the first Crisis. However, story-wise, the Multiversal Tower makes more sense, because it can be used as a gateway to the Multiverse.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just finished reading this and WOW!

This is going to be a FUN ride. So much happens in this issue, with so many twists. Batman has put together an Outsiders team that is traversing the multiverse to learn more about this mystery.

And Batman has one of the Jokers (we know there are more than one) in a secret cave in his secret cave (you have to read the issue).

Batman asks Mister Miracle (YES!) to open a door in Superman's Fortress that he had Superman put in for him and when MM sees what is inside, he looks scared...because the room holds the Anti-Monitor tower from Crisis On Infinite Earths!

Batman and Mister Terrific also go in another secret room and Batman says it's time to let "him" out. The picture shows a large, metal container with red, yellow and black stripes. It kind of reminds me of Captain Atom's Charlton costume. I don't know if that's who is inside or not. But that was my first thought.

There's Dark Mattter, Nth Metal and more. LOTS more!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Outsiders reveal I think almost certainly makes it clear Batman has been investigating this for a long long time (since early or early mid career at the latest)
    Yep. He's been on this for a looooong time.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor