Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Interesting ideas, it just has the wrong character in the lead. It should be a character with their roots in multiversal ideas and/or time travel to be spearheading all these events, not Batman.
    Batman is the perfect choice. He's the DCU's greatest detective and strategist. He's been on this for a while now and I bet we'll find out that he knows a lot more than just what was revealed in this issue.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    I haven't seen this discussed too much yet, but what was Batman referring to in his conversation with Aquaman? What's underneath Atlantis?
    I would also like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffera View Post
    Thanks for that write-up. I loved the issue, but it left me a little confused since I have never read Crisis on infinite earths". I also had to look those characters up, but the story has me super intrigued.
    No problem. Pick up the book, you won't be disappointed.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    When Batman tells you to do something, you do it.
    Regardless of how foolish it could make you look.

Batman is the perfect choice. He's the DCU's greatest detective and strategist. He's been on this for a while now and I bet we'll find out that he knows a lot more than just what was revealed in this issue.
    I simply don't like him in this role on a multiversal scale. I like my Batman far more street level and only caught up in this stuff when there's no way to avoid it as opposed to being front and center in it.

If others do, fair enough of course. For my money though I would have been more excited to see Terry Holt as the huge gun here. I know it wasn't crafted that way, and I know its been leading to this for some time so you would have to go back a couple years to accommodate someone else in the lead role so I'm not suggesting they should have just thrown someone else in there as is. I just would have preferred it constructed from the get-go differently for someone else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-14-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Batman is the perfect choice. He's the DCU's greatest detective and strategist.
    None of these things is true. A time or cosmic based character would be a better choice narrative wise, and while he's top 5 for both, he's neither the best detective or strategist in the DCU.

Amazing Member

Lots of good info & explanations here!
    http://www.cbr.com/dark-days-forge-annotated-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Regardless of how foolish it could make you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    None of these things is true. A time or cosmic based character would be a better choice narrative wise, and while he's top 5 for both, he's neither the best detective or strategist in the DCU.
    I disagree. Who do you think is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffera View Post
    Lots of good info & explanations here!
    http://www.cbr.com/dark-days-forge-annotated-1/
    The second part tomorrow will give us a lot more insight. Glad they're doing this.

BANNED

Damn it 10, you are still the worst Doctor. (Besides 1, maybe)

But yeah, listening to Batman outside of when in immediate danger really isn't a good idea, and his peers should know this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, bingo. There's a distinction.
    I mean.....is there? This is the "street level" JLA:

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Outsider are back yes! JLA was just a reason for another team. Outsiders will deal with the Metal stuff. I'm hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Damn it 10, you are still the worst Doctor. (Besides 1, maybe)

The 10th Doctor is the best!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Objectively Biased View Post
    I mean.....is there? This is the "street level" JLA:
    Yea, lol, they may not have tried hard enough to make that distinction of "mortals, not gods" and "street level." I think my point was that gave lip service to some in story distinction.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”