Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default XMen Blue #5 SPOILERS and Discussion

The O5 plus Jimmy Hudson face off against the New Marauders made up of Mach-2, Armor, Quicksilver and The Guardian, all from the Ultimate Universe.

Beast urges Jean, that NOW is the time to read their minds as they all fight. But before Jean does, Miss Sinister contacts her. Jean first thinks it's Mister Sinister but Claudine tells her she's not that lucky.

Jimmy is fighting Mach-2 who controls metal but Jimmy transforms his claws into organic.

Miss Sinister explains to Jean about there being multiple universes and how they sometimes die. She reveals many mutants from the Ultimate universe somehow wound up on this planet and she's been collecting them all for experiments. Jimmy somehow escaped from her lab.

As Jimmy is about to snikt Mach-2, something happens to him and he takes off instead. The Marauders stop their fight and take off as well.

Jean accuses Miss Sinister of brainwashing them and she claims that she didn't do that, only turn them into weapons and that she will show the O5 what else she did later on as well.

The Marauders catch Jimmy but then are contacted by Sinister and leave without him. Sinister tells Jean, Jimmy is too much trouble and that now she's more interested in Jean herself and that she'll return at a later point.

The O5 regroup with Jimmy and head to Madripoor where they introduce him to Magneto. Magneto thinks Jimmy reminds him of someone else besides Wolverine but can't tell who. He then tells Jean she can invite Jimmy to join her team if that's what she wants. Jean would rather do that then drop him off at Kitty's school.

Jean is left thinking of Miss Sinister and what her agenda may be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    The O5 plus Jimmy Hudson face off against the New Marauders made up of Mach-2, Armor, Quicksilver and The Guardian, all from the Ultimate Universe.

Beast urges Jean, that NOW is the time to read their minds as they all fight. But before Jean does, Miss Sinister contacts her. Jean first thinks it's Mister Sinister but Claudine tells her she's not that lucky.

Jimmy is fighting Mach-2 who controls metal but Jimmy transforms his claws into organic.

Miss Sinister explains to Jean about there being multiple universes and how they sometimes die. She reveals many mutants from the Ultimate universe somehow wound up on this planet and she's been collecting them all for experiments. Jimmy somehow escaped from her lab.

As Jimmy is about to snikt Mach-2, something happens to him and he takes off instead. The Marauders stop their fight and take off as well.

Jean accuses Miss Sinister of brainwashing them and she claims that she didn't do that, only turn them into weapons and that she will show the O5 what else she did later on as well.

The Marauders catch Jimmy but then are contacted by Sinister and leave without him. Sinister tells Jean, Jimmy is too much trouble and that now she's more interested in Jean herself and that she'll return at a later point.

The O5 regroup with Jimmy and head to Madripoor where they introduce him to Magneto. Magneto thinks Jimmy reminds him of someone else besides Wolverine but can't tell who. He then tells Jean she can invite Jimmy to join her team if that's what she wants. Jean would rather do that then drop him off at Kitty's school.

Jean is left thinking of Miss Sinister and what her agenda may be.
    I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if they turn Claudine into a full-fledged Sinister 2.0 villain.

That last panel could definitely be a pain in the ass for this team. This was great. Bunn knows how to supplement a book about the original five with elements that make it interesting for those of us who don't care about them.

BANNED

You forgot to mention the Malice necklace.

So is Miss Sinister about to become Jean's obsessive creepy stalker like Mr. Sinister was for Cyclops?

BANNED

Was Jimmy able to transform his claws btw metal and organic before?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Was Jimmy able to transform his claws btw metal and organic before?
    Yeah. Part of his power is that he coats his own claws with metal instead of the adamantium process.

BANNED

So is Miss Sinister about to become Jean's obsessive creepy stalker like Mr. Sinister was for Cyclops?
    Def seems like it!

Yeah. Part of his power is that he coats his own claws with metal instead of the adamantium process
    Ahh, thanks!

BANNED

Isnt this issue 5?

Maybe it happened off-panel but I didn't see Jean tell the others that Ms. Sinister was behind this. She muttered to Scott that someone else was pulling the strings but I get the impression she's keeping some things to herself right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    You forgot to mention the Malice necklace.
    I was wondering if that was a Malice necklace or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Isnt this issue 5?
    Yes. OP You may want to change the title or asks dev to do that the thread gets maximum traffic.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Is it too much to hope for that Spider Woman/Black Widow (i.e. Peters female clone) crossed over as well? Because she was great and about the biggest loss from the UU.

Am I remembering it wrong or did you put #4 on the title of two #5 issues threads by now? Lol.

Really enjoyed this issue. As usual bunn is firing on all cylinders.

My only complaint is actually more in the mindset of readers who are on the fence with this book. So far bunn has setup two villains to return in future issues. While I love the characters so I'm ok with this approach, I could see people who were just giving the series an arc or two to hook them getting bored and dropping it.

Regarding issue 5, I don't know anything about ms sinister. Do her and mr sinister work together? What's her history? What's the necklace of malice?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Yeah, I liked the issue overall but so far 2 issues already feel a bit like filler, with the villains just leaving by the end. It's time to really go for an actual arc instead of just set-up.