Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This issue kind of represents everything I wanted from this series! It's kind of alluring to see a bunch of characters we've seen for a long time finally get fleshed out with a bunch of tiny character mysteries sprinkled throughout.

I thought the art was really strong in parts (that deer!), but got a little sloppy towards the end. Jubilee's face continues to be a particular area of difficult for Pinna as she tends to look like a fun house image of an already wacky character.

Eye Boy wearing Cannonball's 90's costume at the end was worth the price of admission. It was a lovably goofy moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I get the art looks off/weird but I find it appropriate for an "off/weird" X-team...
    I see your point, I think it fits some characters better than others. It works for Eyeboy and Bling doesn't look too bad at times, but Jubilee and QQ look too weird for my tastes that it's distracting.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I wonder if Blings! Part on the team has anything to do with the fact that Emplate fed on her years back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    They really brought out a character from a Wolverine One-Shot that came out almost ten years ago. I love when writers do stuff like that.

Anyway, this was certainly the best issue so far but I'm still wanting it to be better. Definitely getting the school vibe but it's not very exciting.
    Btw, Andre Mexer is NOT a telekine (that's the correct noun term, telekinetic is an adjective, like telepath is to telepathic) he is actually an illusionist who makes you believe that he is a a telekinetic, but actually his powers are roughly the same effect as Vertigo of the Marauders (btw she is one of Magneto's artificial Savage Land Mutates)

This issue wasn't that bad, it's kind of what I was wanting to see from it the school being a school and groups of youngsters solving mysteries together and getting into battles etc. Will see how it goes but this issue is the first where I actually gave it another read after the first one.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

and she kept her promise and used pixie

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    This issue kind of represents everything I wanted from this series! It's kind of alluring to see a bunch of characters we've seen for a long time finally get fleshed out with a bunch of tiny character mysteries sprinkled throughout.

I thought the art was really strong in parts (that deer!), but got a little sloppy towards the end. Jubilee's face continues to be a particular area of difficult for Pinna as she tends to look like a fun house image of an already wacky character.

Eye Boy wearing Cannonball's 90's costume at the end was worth the price of admission. It was a lovably goofy moment.
    Two of the others were wearing borrowed uniforms too, if I'm not mistaken... from the early 2000s?

BANNED

I think this is the best issue yet from GenX, but I really really dislike how Jubilee is being used. Last issue she didn't know what to do when the school was being attacked and this issue instead of investigating what we know to be EMplate Shogo sneezes and she just stays behind. She just doesn't feel like a team leader/mentor. I for one and anxious for a Monet/Jubilee meet up.

I did like the Jono bit with Bling.

The art is still fish eye/Rugrats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Shogo sneezes and she just stays behind.
    I've said it before: They should totally add Gabby to the book to babysit Shogo so Jubes can actually get out and kick butt.

Seeing Quentin and Benjamin together is actually very much adorable I love them
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've said it before: They should totally add Gabby to the book to babysit Shogo so Jubes can actually get out and kick butt.
    But having a Wolverine on more than one book makes no sense- -Marvel EditorialTeam

In terms of writing, this was by far the best issue. I'm finally starting to like some of the characters.
    The art is... well, after three issues I think I'm ready to say I truly do not like it at all. The faces all look weird and inconsistent and the art has some serious perspective issues. I can't see this not hurting this book's (already small) chances of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Two of the others were wearing borrowed uniforms too, if I'm not mistaken... from the early 2000s?
    Benjamin was wearing what he wore in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men run and Hindsight followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I think this is the best issue yet from GenX, but I really really dislike how Jubilee is being used. Last issue she didn't know what to do when the school was being attacked and this issue instead of investigating what we know to be EMplate Shogo sneezes and she just stays behind. She just doesn't feel like a team leader/mentor. I for one and anxious for a Monet/Jubilee meet up.
    Same!

I thought this was the best issue so far. I'm not worried about Jubilee staying behind. I would think having a Jubilee/Monet confrontation would be to hard to pass up. Jubilee may show up at the end to save the day
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-15-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hearing that Bling! want's to be on Chambers students team, made me wonder who are indeed on that team and,... who else has student teams and who are on those.

If it is indeed a case that Chamber and others have squads of students, we might go back to a time with squads of students.

I for one, would love to see some of those.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================