Thread: who is morlun?

Default who is morlun?

hello, new guy here. so I read the article on spiderverse and would love to read issues of morluns first appearances and his origins. can u guys recommend some good reading material?

I wouldn't consider any story Morlun has been a part of as "good", but opinions may vary.

BANNED

I'm afraid to say most of us are still waiting for someone to properly explain Morlun and the whole Spider-Totem thing. It went nowhere.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #30-35. The original JMS arc. This was the introduction to Morlun. (Not my favorite arc from the JMS run but it's quite popular.)

He's a monster who hunts for his prey. Once he touches someone, they are "imprinted" onto him and he can track them down anywhere.

(He's died a few times and come back, so he's got that going for him. But that doesn't exactly make him special in the realm of super hero comics.)

Very little is known about him other than that ^ and him being an insanely tough hand to hand fighter.

It'd probably be best too read JMS's run to know about him.

Amazing Member

You can read Morlun's first story in Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1: Coming Home. I highly recommend it: such a great start by JMS. One of the best Spider-Man stories this century in my opinion. Great art by John Romita Jr as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by esskay View Post
    You can read Morlun's first story in Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1: Coming Home. I highly recommend it: such a great start by JMS. One of the best Spider-Man stories this century in my opinion. Great art by John Romita Jr as well.
    Agreed. I love this one.