Thread: Venom #151

BANNED

Default Venom #151

I'm still digging the hell out of this book. Coming on the heels of the big #150, this issue puts Brock and the symbiote to work flushing out mysterious creatures in the sewers of NYC. From the solicitations, we know that there's a dinosaur problem and where there's dinosaurs in the MU, Stegron is rarely far behind. Ol' Steggy is one of my favorite C-listers so this arc had my full attention from the get-go. Based on this fast-paced opening chapter, "The Land Before Crime" is going to be a lot of fun.

Gerardo Sandoval is back as the main artist after Tradd Moore's work in #150 and he slays it as usual. A lot of my affection for this title comes from the energy and style that he brings to his pages.

But Costa's scripting is top-notch as well and while I'm eager to see Lee Price and Flash Thompson make some more appearances soon, this first issue of the new arc had more than enough going on for me to not miss them (too much).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, it'd be interesting to compare this with Renew Your Vows #8, seeing as both of them had spoilers:
    Liz Allan interacting with Venom, albeit in different forms and contexts. Oh, and corporate-branded genetic abominations . . . remind you of anything?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, it'd be interesting to compare this with Renew Your Vows #8, seeing as both of them had spoilers:
    Liz Allan interacting with Venom, albeit in different forms and contexts. Oh, and corporate-branded genetic abominations . . . remind you of anything?
    end of spoilers
    I get vibes of the symbiote being spoilers:
    A science project by Richard Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man
    end of spoilers I know it's far fetched, but with the vast multiverse deal with Venom, I can't think that obscure AU Venoms might come around. It's just that the abominations of genetics reminds me of a certain Spider-Man, I couldn't resist mentioning this.

I wasn't expecting much out of this book, despite being a huge Brock-Venom fan, but this issue was actually pretty good. I really missed Brock as Venom.

I wonder if the symbiote is harboring a deep-seated hatred of Spider-Man for tricking/betraying it yet again, which is causing it to lash out. I don't mind Venom as an anti-hero, but I think he should still hate/fight Spider-Man (and know his secret ID).

Incredible Member

Loving this book. Eddie Brock Venom are so awesome, it makes me want to have Spidey take the Symbiote back. Loved the contrast between Venom and RYV this week as in RYV Liz was running her company and was developing symbiote bio organic suits but in Venom she knows next to nothing about them and is involved in some other black projects.

Awesome book, the art and story-telling are top notch. I was glad the priest hadn't died.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

this book is great for being unashamedly a VENOM comic. i loved the remender/bunn runs with flash. but that was a different character, concept & thematic journey.
    this is everything i love about eddie brock as venom. the interplay between his faith & his addiction to the symbiote, his desire to live by some sort of moral code but his fear that hes the monster people thinks he is ... not to mention, a lot of really killer kinetic art showin' off cool stuff like venom fighting dinosaurs.
    this is how you do it. real impressed.