Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowlman View Post
    This is the best X-Book on the shelves. It makes me wonder what Spurrier could do with an A-List cast and a bit of freedom. Does this comic work because of the quirky, non-headlining cast or in spite of it? Could he work such magic within the "NEXT BIG EVENT" confines of working with A-List characters? I'd love to find out.

Character interactions are superb. Each player has their own voice and motivations. I like the dialog play between the new villain and Cable near the end, which brings focus to the 'terrorist or freedom fighter' debate.

It's a much more rewarding book than most of the other safe and shallow X-Books.
    I'm not sure he could get away with as much with A-listers like Wolverine, Storm, etc. Mainly because they appear in so many other books. That's part of why they bore me so much these days. Too safe. This book is freakin' awesome, though. I wonder how long before everyone realizes that? Hopefully sites like CBR, Newsarama, and others will start doing more interviews with Spurrier and things like that to promote the title.

On another note, what's the over-under on Betsy getting some Cable before the series ends? I like their friendship a lot, and the sexual element doesn't seem like it would detract from that at all. I like how flustered Nathan was when she confessed that she was indeed coming onto him. Pretty amusing seeing his cool exterior completely shattered for a minute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm not sure he could get away with as much with A-listers like Wolverine, Storm, etc. Mainly because they appear in so many other books. That's part of why they bore me so much these days. Too safe. This book is freakin' awesome, though. I wonder how long before everyone realizes that? Hopefully sites like CBR, Newsarama, and others will start doing more interviews with Spurrier and things like that to promote the title.

On another note, what's the over-under on Betsy getting some Cable before the series ends? I like their friendship a lot, and the sexual element doesn't seem like it would detract from that at all. I like how flustered Nathan was when she confessed that she was indeed coming onto him. Pretty amusing seeing his cool exterior completely shattered for a minute.
    I've always likened Betsy to the girl who likes sex, isn't shy about it, and has frequent encounters, not because of anything mental. She likes the thrill. In CB she had two dudes, I think in 616 she might have even shagged colossus, maybe turning his powers off since he couldn't. I think she likes the feelings without the attachments. Nothin wrong with that.

All-New Member

Uh, what's CB and who were these two dudes?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

image.jpg

Poor Cable. He didn't refuse. He was just clueless at the time. Missed your window dude.
    "Self has no time for this."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Thanks for reviewing. Loved the issue, this team is all kinds of screwed up and it makes for an interesting book. Marrow's only got a year to live apparently, hope that gets fixed, I enjoy Marrow.
    I think she is actualy pretty safe.

The stuff they gave her is called Morituri process. It gives a person random super powers based on some unkown code in their DNA, it works a lot like the X-gene in that regard. The only problem with the process is that the human body eventualy rejects it, which causes the powers to go haywire and kill the empowered person.

So the whole dying thing is caused because the body does not want the super powers. However in Marrow's case we have an odd situation that does not apply to all the previous subjects of the treament. Marrow was born with super powers. He entire body was essentialy created around them. With her X-gene missing however, her body should in theory miss something essential for it. So there is a fair chance that her body will never reject the Morituri process but embracing it as replacement for her X-gene.

The problem with this speculation i admit, is that in the series Strikeforce Morituri nobody had super powers they were born with or powers from other source. So we don't know if these can also have any effect on the rejection.

Also her baby "died" so it might have taken the leathal aspect of the process with it. That is if her baby really died! DUM DUM DUUUUM!!!

Talking about her. We just got another mystery from her meeting with Nemesis. Where did she gain a knowledge and interest for coffee? Maybe her short time as university student?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I still can't believe Fantomex had the equivalent of cybersex with an underage girl who came onto him. I was half expecting to turn the page and see this guy:
    And once again we are left to wonder how old she actualy is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-men comics often have the sense of a lot of "friends with benefits" going on. So yeah a flirt with Cable, doesn't seem that odd.

However i wonder how Cable will react once his prime version got cured and he wakes up to see what various 1 day incarnations of himself did.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-11-2014 at 04:37 AM.

BANNED

Psylocke is to cable as Logan is to storm.

Wait Marrow is not a depowered mutant who regain her powers from the Terrigen Mist, but from "some" chemicals, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Wait Marrow is not a depowered mutant who regain her powers from the Terrigen Mist, but from "some" chemicals, is that right?
    Correct. At the expense of her unborn child, she was exposed to the chemicals that would give her her powers back.

Another great issue, Spurrier never disappoints
    I don't think the bad guy is Zola he is too busy in the Capt America book, it could be Sugarman but he was trapped in the AoA universe and if I remember correctly he died during X-termination...
    Can't wait for the next issue

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Another great issue, Spurrier never disappoints
    I don't think the bad guy is Zola he is too busy in the Capt America book, it could be Sugarman but he was trapped in the AoA universe and if I remember correctly he died during X-termination...
    Can't wait for the next issue
    Something about his eyes really reminded me of Emplate, but this doesn't seem like his style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Check this thread....

http://community.comicbookresources....er-is-a-genius

Bad news. BC stating rumor that we may see creative change in X-Force!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...n-the-downlow/

And finally (and this is hardly rocket science) expect new X-editor Mike Marts to bring a few Bat-familiar names over to the Xbooks (indeed, we ran a few half an hour ago), but specifically X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Bad news. BC stating rumor that we may see creative change in X-Force!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...n-the-downlow/
    When do we riot?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    When do we riot?
    Now or if Spurrier is completely removed from the X-books.

My pitchfork is at the ready. Just say the word.