Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    That was such a bad arc (IMO). I chalk it up to the fact she was in love with the part of Fanto that was in Cluster and just took the week long love-festival as that. I have no issues with any type of relationship but even if a new sexuality was burgeoning within someone there would at least be a slight hesitation...like in YA. This was purely for shock value, unfortunately not many were reading it by this point and even less after the stunt was pulled.
    Still love 'locke
    Not everyone hesitates when they start feeling attraction for someone of a gender that they're not usually attracted to. Everyone deals with their romantic and/or sexual feelings differently.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But Betsy had sex with a woman before, so there is clearly precedent. Remember her love affair with Cluster?
    You mean the what one drunken weekend, that's like saying that since I've eaten a certain food before that I didn't like that now I'm suddenly going to love it...because I've now eaten it before, so there was no love affair and it was only under Humphries pen who admittedly wanted a gay or bi character to make his team as diverse as possible just for diversity's sake...and the second that it was over it was over and hasn't been mentioned or brought up or anything since...and there's nothing to suggest that anything would have happened between Betsy and Cluster had the latter not been Fantomex first and being written by a writer who loved Fantomex and his terrible relationship with Betsy in Remender's writing.

So right now it's more of just a drunken weekend that's later written off and forgotten about, and as I said aside from that Betsy's never been anything but straight and I don't remember Domino ever showing even the slightest interest in another woman, so it's more your fantasy, that which is unlikely to happen, and there was no same sex attraction for Betsy until Humphries changed things and wanted to give Fantomex and Cluster a big push.

True Psyknight, though some readers here after that were expecting and demanding Betsy then to follow their own life experiences and to have her sexuality follow their own.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

The interaction between Betsy and Domino would get real interesting if Cable sleeps with Psylocke. Sexual tension you can cut with a knife! Eventually culminating in a Domino-Psylocke kiss perhaps? Or a threeway with Cable? Real interested to see if this goes anywhere or if the door is now shut on Cable-Psylocke...
    I'd love to see new clone Cable's face when he read his briefing notes to himself next morning.

"Need intel position Volga
    Hope condition unchanged
    Fantomex/Marrow psych clusterf***
    Three way Neena/Betsy. Clone body degrading rapidly. Possible emotionals??
    Weapons systems overhaul am
    "Self has no time for this."

I dont understand why people hate on the Cluster thing. If you really think about it, it's deeper then just trying to turn her into a lesbian. (which she's not and I understand that) BUT The person she cared/loved (who knows but i liked their short relationship) got seperated into three different beings that were cloned from the originals body. Just imagine someone you love being split into three different clones of the same person. How would you not have feelings or attractions to said beings? I just think it was executed poorly.

Like if someone i loved got cloned and pieces of them went into 2 guys and a girl I could see how I could have an attraction to them. They would each have aspects of the person I loved.

Hopefully that made sense.

I just find it hilarious that Cable continues to be deaged. The guy just.recently spent 17 years in the future raising Hope. He should be about 65 or so now and everyones worrying about Psylockes age?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont understand why people hate on the Cluster thing. If you really think about it, it's deeper then just trying to turn her into a lesbian. (which she's not and I understand that) BUT The person she cared/loved (who knows but i liked their short relationship) got seperated into three different beings that were cloned from the originals body. Just imagine someone you love being split into three different clones of the same person. How would you not have feelings or attractions to said beings? I just think it was executed poorly.

Like if someone i loved got cloned and pieces of them went into 2 guys and a girl I could see how I could have an attraction to them. They would each have aspects of the person I loved.

Hopefully that made sense.
    I thought a lot of Humphries ideas were better than his execution of them. I agree with you in concept, but it played out badly on the page.

I also really liked the whole revenant war concept, and thought it could have been an epic uncanny arc, but it fizzled a bit in the end.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You mean the what one drunken weekend, that's like saying that since I've eaten a certain food before that I didn't like that now I'm suddenly going to love it...because I've now eaten it before, so there was no love affair and it was only under Humphries pen who admittedly wanted a gay or bi character to make his team as diverse as possible just for diversity's sake...and the second that it was over it was over and hasn't been mentioned or brought up or anything since...and there's nothing to suggest that anything would have happened between Betsy and Cluster had the latter not been Fantomex first and being written by a writer who loved Fantomex and his terrible relationship with Betsy in Remender's writing.

So right now it's more of just a drunken weekend that's later written off and forgotten about, and as I said aside from that Betsy's never been anything but straight and I don't remember Domino ever showing even the slightest interest in another woman, so it's more your fantasy, that which is unlikely to happen, and there was no same sex attraction for Betsy until Humphries changed things and wanted to give Fantomex and Cluster a big push.

True Psyknight, though some readers here after that were expecting and demanding Betsy then to follow their own life experiences and to have her sexuality follow their own.
    Something we agree on. I've written off Humphries whole shitty run, it seems other writers including Spurrier have also. I don't mind Psylocke being Bi if it's been something she'd shown before, but Bumphries came out of left field. She's been 100% straight since 1976. I do think some people would like their favorite character to have their sexuality, but when it falls flat, it falls flat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I thought a lot of Humphries ideas were better than his execution of them. I agree with you in concept, but it played out badly on the page.

I also really liked the whole revenant war concept, and thought it could have been an epic uncanny arc, but it fizzled a bit in the end.
    The one part of Humphries shit run I actually liked. He even dropped the ball on that. His "team" existed for maybe what 3-4 days tops? It just fell apart.

The only person I demanding anything from Psylocke's sexuality is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Something we agree on. I've written off Humphries whole shitty run, it seems other writers including Spurrier have also. I don't mind Psylocke being Bi if it's been something she'd shown before, but Bumphries came out of left field. She's been 100% straight since 1976. I do think some people would like their favorite character to have their sexuality, but when it falls flat, it falls flat.
    Just because Psylocke had only slept with or dated men before Cluster, doesn't mean that she couldn't ever have feelings for a woman. Some people think they're 100% straight or gay until they meet a person or persons who turn out to be exceptions. There are gay and lesbian identified who date and marry people of the opposite sex because they fell in love with them. It doesn't mean they're not attracted to people of the same sex anymore, it just means they fell in love with someone who happened to be of the opposite sex. I don't see what's so unbelievable about the same thing happening to an otherwise straight fictional character.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-13-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

But Betsy didn't just meet Cluster, a character that seemingly only existed to have sex with her/it and then be gone again as if she never existed, and we never once saw Betsy show any remorse or loss at Cluster not being near or even mentioned so I don't see there being really anything between them, it gets written off as weekend or whatever that Betsy would like to forget and move on from. But having feelings for someone of the same sex doesn't make you bi either, especially if it's a sharp departure for the character, I don't have a problem with gay or bi characters as I've always thought Storm to be bi, but to try and change things on a gimmick of a character that even Humphries dropped the second that it was over is telling, the unbelievable part is that then there were several people here who wanted her to sleep with just random women or every female Marvel character, not have a relationship that has a history and such, just the sex.

So I don't see Betsy being interested in Domino in that way or being a part of a three way, Domino and Cable either, and it's strange that it seems that if any character flirts with another that some people seem to believe that then they just have to get together, besides Warren Betsy seems to have a terrible track record and I'd rather they not add Cable to that list...it's funny that then Spurrier said that she wouldn't be defined by her relationships but then she would if she and Cable got together, it'd pretty much make everything that he said on that front meaningless in many ways...big surprise...

So I don't see Betsy being interested in Domino in that way or being a part of a three way, Domino and Cable either, and it's strange that it seems that if any character flirts with another that some people seem to believe that then they just have to get together, besides Warren Betsy seems to have a terrible track record and I'd rather they not add Cable to that list...it's funny that then Spurrier said that she wouldn't be defined by her relationships but then she would if she and Cable got together, it'd pretty much make everything that he said on that front meaningless in many ways...big surprise...
    It's just the prospect of a relationship that gets people talking.. which is really what it's supposed to do. If people like the idea being planted in the comic that there could possibly be a relationship, they will support it. Then there are other people, like yourself, who are deadset on each character only being allowed to have a romantic relationship with one other character.

But Betsy didn't just meet Cluster, a character that seemingly only existed to have sex with her/it and then be gone again as if she never existed, and we never once saw Betsy show any remorse or loss at Cluster not being near or even mentioned so I don't see there being really anything between them, it gets written off as weekend or whatever that Betsy would like to forget and move on from. But having feelings for someone of the same sex doesn't make you bi either, especially if it's a sharp departure for the character, I don't have a problem with gay or bi characters as I've always thought Storm to be bi, but to try and change things on a gimmick of a character that even Humphries dropped the second that it was over is telling, the unbelievable part is that then there were several people here who wanted her to sleep with just random women or every female Marvel character, not have a relationship that has a history and such, just the sex.

No one is telling you that you have to like what Humphries did with Betsy and Cluster. (Personally, I hated his whole run, so I am definitely not telling you anything of the sort.) But fans are allowed to be playful with possibilities. If you don't like the subject under discussion, how about you move on instead of ranting at people for 'promoting promiscuity'?

I especially don't think anyone in this thread really wants to listen to you casting weird and groundless aspersions on Spurrier for something that hasn't actually happened (and may never).

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Bad news. BC stating rumor that we may see creative change in X-Force!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...n-the-downlow/
    I'm not rioting if we get rid of Kim tbh. I've warmed up to his art but I'm sure we could find a better regular artist.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    No one is telling you that you have to like what Humphries did with Betsy and Cluster. (Personally, I hated his whole run, so I am definitely not telling you anything of the sort.) But fans are allowed to be playful with possibilities. If you don't like the subject under discussion, how about you move on instead of ranting at people for 'promoting promiscuity'?

I especially don't think anyone in this thread really wants to listen to you casting weird and groundless aspersions on Spurrier for something that hasn't actually happened (and may never).
    I can't wait until Spurrier writes a scene with Cable, Domino and Psylocke in bed together. LoganAlpha's head might explode.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Betsy's been with a woman. Intimately. It's canon, so deal. Lol.

I can't wait until Spurrier writes a scene with Cable, Domino and Psylocke in bed together. LoganAlpha's head might explode.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Betsy's been with a woman. Intimately. It's canon, so deal. Lol.
    You know, now I'm rooting for that, too. Lots of chemistry, plenty of snark. What's not to love?