Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Someone asked her what she thought of a Carol/Peter romance. She said Peter would be a little too immature for Carol and that she viewed them as more sister/brother.

And then she said she is a Peter/MJ fan
    Ironic for her to sat the Peter is immature for Carol when we all know that it's not true. It's too bad that she never made Peter a supporting cast member in Carol's book in a non- Spidey role as she did with Jessica Drew. It might had been a fun dynamic if she wrote a cameo with Jessica and Peter hanging out at Carol's apartment sharing stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Ironic for her to sat the Peter is immature for Carol when we all know that it's not true. It's too bad that she never made Peter a supporting cast member in Carol's book in a non- Spidey role as she did with Jessica Drew. It might had been a fun dynamic if she wrote a cameo with Jessica and Peter hanging out at Carol's apartment sharing stories.
    I think writers should write the stories they want to write and not be expected to be vessels for one fan's stupid ideas. If you're so damned hellbent on "half of Marvel's super-heroines should be supporting characters in Spider-Man books," why don't you become a writer and pitch those ideas to Marvel yourself instead of passive-aggressively whining about how the writers Marvel DOES hire aren't using your ideas?

BANNED

I can think of several, but some of them have already been mentioned. Marjorie Liu , Kathryn Immonen, Gail Simone, Kelly Thompson, Kate Leth, Kelly Sue DeConnick.

Besides them, Chelsea Cain, Noelle Stevenson, Mariko Tamaki, Joelle Jones, Magdalene Visaggio (She'll be doing a Venomverse story in September), Marguerite Bennett, Jody Houser, and Hope Larson would all be good picks.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I think writers should write the stories they want to write and not be expected to be vessels for one fan's stupid ideas. If you're so damned hellbent on "half of Marvel's super-heroines should be supporting characters in Spider-Man books," why don't you become a writer and pitch those ideas to Marvel yourself instead of passive-aggressively whining about how the writers Marvel DOES hire aren't using your ideas?
    B,b,but Marvel heroines SHOULD be supporting characters in Spider-Man! You big mean poopy-head!

I'm kidding. But it's Darthfury78, what do you expect? He'll always try and make the case for stuff like this.

I think Wilson would be a good fit for Spidey.
    I think she'd be able to write a great Miles too but I dunno if you could ever wrestle Miles away from Bendis. XD
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I think she'd be able to write a great Miles too but I dunno if you could ever wrestle Miles away from Bendis. XD
    Yeah I think it'll be a while before someone other than Bendis writes a solo Miles book but to be fair I like the job Bendis does on that book for the most part. But I agree that Wilson would be an interesting choice to replace him on that book.

I think Faith Erin Hicks would be fun to see on Spider-Man .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Guess what. The Editors are responsible for how well their books sells. They make all of the decisions. Marvel used to have Peter as a supporting character in other books in the past. Sometimes a series that's struggling can bring in the Spider-Man readers to the title if their favorite characters are part of the supporting cast. I express my opinions. If I really want these things to happen, I would not be talking about them on a public forum if I was working for Marvel. I only talk about the characters. Not the story. And I don't see Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, or She-Hulk sell as much as ASM. The best way for those titles to reach 80K copies per month is to incorporate Peter Parker into their world as a supporting character in a non Spider-Man role as much as possible. If a writer of another book wants to write Spider-Man, she needs to use him as much as possible in her own current series in a non super hero supporting role as a way to build on the Peter Parker side as preparation for ASM or a satellite title. If Marvel wants people to buy their super heroine series by the female writers, they need to learn how to bring the ASM and X-Men readers to their series.

Another cool example is for a writer to do a Spider-Man series that features Nightcrawler, The Beast, Tigra, Captain Britain, and Jennifer Walters as supporting cast members and vice versa for Peter in the respective series. Peter Parker would get along with them very well as they have a love for science and adventure. Peter is a member of The Avengers. Yet, he doesn't interact with The Beast or Tigra? He was once roommate with Captain Britain. Nightcrawler made a guest appearance in ASM in the past. I could see him as a reoccurring guest in ASM who also knows that he's Peter Parker and a good friends. The same goes for Jennifer Walters, Hank McCoy, and Greer Nelson. People at Marvel forget that the purpose of the X-Men is to prepare them for the outside world once they have mastered their mutant powers. Nightcrawler and Tigra should have been part of the world of Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Doctor Strange. Hank McCoy should have been placed in the world of the Fantastic Four and S.H.I.E.L.D as side from The Avengers and Defenders.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-23-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    If Bendis didn't sign a 10 year contract deal with Marvel.

BANNED

Guess what. The Editors are responsible for how well their books sells. They make all of the decisions. Marvel used to have Peter as a supporting character in other books in the past. Sometimes a series that's struggling can bring in the Spider-Man readers to the title if their favorite characters are part of the supporting cast. I express my opinions. If I really want these things to happen, I would not be talking about them on a public forum if I was working for Marvel. I only talk about the characters. Not the story. And I don't see Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, or She-Hulk sell as much as ASM. The best way for those titles to reach 80K copies per month is to incorporate Peter Parker into their world as a supporting character in a non Spider-Man role as much as possible. If a writer of another book wants to write Spider-Man, she needs to use him as much as possible in her own current series in a non super hero supporting role as a way to build on the Peter Parker side as preparation for ASM or a satellite title. If Marvel wants people to buy their super heroine series by the female writers, they need to learn how to bring the ASM and X-Men readers to their series.

Another cool example is for a writer to do a Spider-Man series that features Nightcrawler, The Beast, Tigra, Captain Britain, and Jennifer Walters as supporting cast members and vice versa for Peter in the respective series. Peter Parker would get along with them very well as they have a love for science and adventure. Peter is a member of The Avengers. Yet, he doesn't interact with The Beast or Tigra? He was once roommate with Captain Britain. Nightcrawler made a guest appearance in ASM in the past. I could see him as a reoccurring guest in ASM who also knows that he's Peter Parker and a good friends. The same goes for Jennifer Walters, Hank McCoy, and Greer Nelson. People at Marvel forget that the purpose of the X-Men is to prepare them for the outside world once they have mastered their mutant powers. Nightcrawler and Tigra should have been part of the world of Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Doctor Strange. Hank McCoy should have been placed in the world of the Fantastic Four and S.H.I.E.L.D as side from The Avengers and Defenders.
    The problem for some of us isnt that you want these things its when you fail to make it clear that is what you want and not how things actually are.

You say stuff like "She-hulk should be in a Spidey title not as She-Hulk but just as Jennifer because they would get along well and they could bond over having met on science summer camp". That is pretty much an example you gave some time ago of what you wanted. The problem? They never met on a science camp and Jennifer has never shown any real interest in science compared to other things.
    And that is how a whole lot of your what you want is. Things that would require a retcon and for the most part just feel extremely random.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    The problem for some of us isnt that you want these things its when you fail to make it clear that is what you want and not how things actually are.

You say stuff like "She-hulk should be in a Spidey title not as She-Hulk but just as Jennifer because they would get along well and they could bond over having met on science summer camp". That is pretty much an example you gave some time ago of what you wanted. The problem? They never met on a science camp and Jennifer has never shown any real interest in science compared to other things.
    And that is how a whole lot of your what you want is. Things that would require a retcon and for the most part just feel extremely random.
    Retcon not required. There are a lot of branches that could be tied to support my theory about Peter and Jennifer first meeting at ESU Summer Science Camp since it's like Harvard's Summer School science program. For example, one can say that Captain Britain and Peter Parker never met until Chris Claremont created the scenario as his roommate. Even though it never happened in the pages of ASM. Also, we do not know what Jennifer Walters studied for her undergraduate degree program before going to UCLA School of Law. Given her intellect, she probably was a science major before deciding not to do graduate work in that field and opted for Law School.

BANNED

Retcon not required. There are a lot of branches that could be tied to support my theory about Peter and Jennifer first meeting at ESU Summer Science Camp since it's like Harvard's Summer School science program. For example, one can say that Captain Britain and Peter Parker never met until Chris Claremont created the scenario as his roommate. Even though it never happened in the pages of ASM. Also, we do not know what Jennifer Walters studied for her undergraduate degree program before going to UCLA School of Law. Given her intellect, she probably was a science major before deciding not to do graduate work in that field and opted for Law School.
    1. Its not a "theory" when there is nothing at all to support it. Thats not how that works.

2. Actually we do know she studied law and not science. Saying because of her intellect she "probably" was a science major is something that has no basis in reality. That not a "probably" thats you wanting something specific that has never been even hinted at. With the exception of some of the main egg heads of the MU, like Reed Richards, people dont usually have that different areas of study. Something that has never even been hinted at and would go against established stories is not a "probably".

While some, and not a lot but some, people do change their field of study something like this is rare and it would be a retcon since her education has been discussed and mentioned several times over the years.

So yeah a retcon would be required and specificly a retcon that so far you have been completely alone in wanting. That is why no writer has done something like what you are asking. Not because they they dont dare to, but because they, like most of us, dont see any reason for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    1. Its not a "theory" when there is nothing at all to support it. Thats not how that works.

2. Actually we do know she studied law and not science. Saying because of her intellect she "probably" was a science major is something that has no basis in reality. That not a "probably" thats you wanting something specific that has never been even hinted at. With the exception of some of the main egg heads of the MU, like Reed Richards, people dont usually have that different areas of study. Something that has never even been hinted at and would go against established stories is not a "probably".

While some, and not a lot but some, people do change their field of study something like this is rare and it would be a retcon since her education has been discussed and mentioned several times over the years.

So yeah a retcon would be required and specificly a retcon that so far you have been completely alone in wanting. That is why no writer has done something like what you are asking. Not because they they dont dare to, but because they, like most of us, dont see any reason for it.
    She studied Graduate Studies in Law. A lot of folks get into law school without ever talking anything that relates to it at the undergraduate level. We do not know what Jennifer studied at the undergraduate level which could very well be a science major. Her Ultimate Universe counterpart was a scientist like Bruce. For all we know she might had changed her mind about becoming a scientist. She might have met Peter Parker at ESU Summer program, which could be a possible stepping stone. We have never seen Jennifer and Peter interact in their normal civilian guise, which would make things interesting to read about.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-23-2017 at 04:18 AM.

BANNED

She studied Graduate Studies in Law. A lot of folks get into law school without ever talking anything that relates to it at the undergraduate level. We do not know what Jennifer studied at the undergraduate level which could very well be a science major. Her Ultimate Universe counterpart was a scientist like Bruce. For all we know she might had changed her mind about becoming a scientist. She might have met Peter Parker at ESU Summer program, which could be a possible stepping stone. We have never seen Jennifer and Peter interact in their normal civilian guise, which would make things interesting to read about.
    I am sorry but no you are wrong. "A lot" of people dont shift from science related study to law when they go to graduate school. Thats simply not true. Some do, but not alot. You are factually wrong about that. If you want to pretend a lot of people suddenly changes when they take a graduate level from science to law thats fine, but no that does not really happen that often nor has it ever even been hinted at. Thats only in your mind. Which is fine, but dont act surprised when other fans or creators just dont suddenly start to agree with something that is not even hinted at in the comics.
    The rest there is "might" and is not even close to probably. Again you seem confused about the difference between what could have happened and what is likely. All the things you are suggesting here are not things that are even remotely close to being "probably" unless you retcon a lot of stories to tell a specific story that so far you are the only one who actually seem to want to read.
    She has never shown a particular great interest in science either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Faith Erin Hicks would be fun to see on Spider-Man .
    I can't say I'm familiar with the name, I'll have to check her out.