Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default Rate the Secret Empire Tie-Ins

I have a habit of starting these each event. One of the big complaints I have with events is you know many tie-ins are subpar or completely irrelevant and basically just slapping a label on something to increase sales. So I thought it would be helpful if, each week, people post in with their thoughts on the tie-ins and whether they're worth checking out. Basically, rate a book on two categories: How good is the story? How relevant to the event is it? I'll start off by listing all the ones that have come out so far and I'll follow up with new books each week. I'll give my thoughts on the ones I've read in a separate post when I get the chance. Let me know if I've missed anything.

April 19
    --------
    Captain America: Steve Rogers 16
    Thunderbolts 12
    USAvengers 5

May 10
    ------
    Secret Warriors 1

May 17
    --------
    Ultimates^2 7
    USAvengers 6

May 24
    --------
    Captain America: Steve Rogers 17
    Mighty Captain Marvel 5
    Secret Warriors 2

May 31
    ------
    Doctor Strange 21
    Deadpool 31
    Captain America: Sam Wilson 22
    Secret Empire: Uprising 1

June 7
    ------
    Secret Empire: Brave New World 1

June 14
    -------
    Deadpool 32
    Uncanny Avengers 24
    Captain America: Sam Wilson 23
    Secret Warriors 3
    Secret Empire: United 1
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

I think this crossover is actually one of the better ones so far. Each piece is supporting the main story, but involving the characters of those books in a way that makes sense. The pacing is good and I like the way they highlight the characters at the beginning and then where to go next with a brief synopsis if you want to read other tie-ins. There seems to be a more conscious choice rather than "slapping it on" a book.

I'm more frustrated with the ones that AREN'T tied in...like Xmen Gold & Gen X that are set in the middle of Manhattan but the dark force bubble isn't even in those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I think this crossover is actually one of the better ones so far. Each piece is supporting the main story, but involving the characters of those books in a way that makes sense. The pacing is good and I like the way they highlight the characters at the beginning and then where to go next with a brief synopsis if you want to read other tie-ins. There seems to be a more conscious choice rather than "slapping it on" a book.

I'm more frustrated with the ones that AREN'T tied in...like Xmen Gold & Gen X that are set in the middle of Manhattan but the dark force bubble isn't even in those stories.
    Actually, X-Men Gold is getting a 2-issue tie-in in July, with the team stuck in the X-Mansion in the Dark force.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Some new additions, let me know what you think?

Doctor Strange #22
    Captain America: Steve Rogers #18
    U.S.Avengers #7
    Secret Empire: Brave New World #2
    Secret Empire: Underground #1

Once again, which ones are good, which are relevant.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?