Amazing Member

Default The Dark Multiverse And What Other Multiverses Would You Like To See

With the introduction of the Dark Multiverse, we are finally getting to see other Multiverses that Grant Morrison set up at the end of Multiversity.
    What other kinds of Multiverses would you like to see show up as part of the DC Multi-Multiverse?
    I'd personally like to see Multiverses for every decade Of DC Comics publishing. They would make for a cool place to visit sometime.

Ooh, a whole 'nother Multiverse for DC to ignore and leave to rot in favor of the one 'verse it publishes? Where do I sign up?

Seriously though, I don't know that there are "kinds" of Multiverses. DC's "local" Multiverse contains the normal DCU, a pirate world, a world where Gotham is a filled with irradiated pits, a world filled with Nazis, a riff on Watchmen, our "normal" world-- there's no unifying theme beyond "it probably has someone who's kind of like Superman" and even that's far from a hard and fast rule. I'll be legitimately surprised if anything in the "Dark Multiverse" strikes me as something that wouldn't fit into the local Multiverse thematically.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ooh, a whole 'nother Multiverse for DC to ignore and leave to rot in favor of the one 'verse it publishes? Where do I sign up?

Seriously though, I don't know that there are "kinds" of Multiverses. DC's "local" Multiverse contains the normal DCU, a pirate world, a world where Gotham is a filled with irradiated pits, a world filled with Nazis, a riff on Watchmen, our "normal" world-- there's no unifying theme beyond "it probably has someone who's kind of like Superman" and even that's far from a hard and fast rule. I'll be legitimately surprised if anything in the "Dark Multiverse" strikes me as something that wouldn't fit into the local Multiverse thematically.
    While I agree that just about any story could be fit into the DC's current 52 Multiverse, the idea of there being only 52 universes seems so wrong and short-sighted. Current scientific theory postulates there are potentially an infinite number of parallel universes. I'd expect at least that in a superhero comic book.

JL gods and monsters please.