Default Webspinners trade

Wondering what people think of this run, I have never read it and not sure if it is worth picking up.

Astonishing Member

Copied from the All New Marvel Collected Editions thread.

Webspinners is like Tangled Web in that it has stories set in the past by different creative teams. The quality level is pretty high with stories by JM DeMatties, Joe Kelly, Tom DeFalco, and others. Honestly, Marvel could have combined Webspinners and Tangled Web into one 40 issue omnibus instead of a 22 issue omnibus and 18 issue complete collections.

I agree with Rincewind; both TW and WS are solid anthology-type series that are well worth picking up. There are some misses but, by and large, most of the stories are very good with a few great ones among them. Highly recommended and I wish Marvel would bring something like this back again.

It's pretty solid, especially if you like comics from the era. DeMatteis tackling Mysterio, Giffen tying up Silver Surfer loose ends, Joe Kelly showing Spidey's prom, Paul Jenkins doing psychological drama with Chameleon and DeFalco and Frenz reuniting for an untold tale for their era.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I just got my TW hardcover yesterday. I ordered it so long ago that i forgot it was even coming out. Looks nice! Can't wait to read those stories again.