Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will a FLASH sacrifice himself to fix the mysteries of DC Rebirth ?

Even with the events given to us so far: Will any of the Flash sacrifice themselves to stop Dr. Manhattan and try to fix the DC timeline to back to what it was before FLASHPOINT ?

As Flash fans what do you think of this ?

BANNED

They'll probably kill off old Wally and permanently replace him with Nu Wally. This company clearly doesn't want OG Wally around anymore and would rather give him a sendoff. It's horrible, but by then I'll probably be used to this kind of crap so no big deal.

Astonishing Member

Nah. There'd be no point of killing off anyone at this point. Last thing DC needs now is to piss off Flash fans who've been waiting for Wally and Jay to return (amongst others like say Max, Bart etc...)

I also believe adult Wally may bite the dust at the end. DC doesn't know what to do with him and they still believe younger version should completely replace him.

iMan 42s

I hope not. There is plenty you can still do with Wally (that doesn't involve lowering his powers or turning him evil) so I would be very much against losing him again. A solo and new powers is easily doable to differentiate him from Barry. You could even have him hang out with that one future Flash if you really don't want him hanging around Barry and the other Wally.

Barry dying again wont happen since he is on a mostly successful TV show and will be the lead in an upcoming movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Maybe all the Flashes will surrender their individuality and fuse into a single Uber-Flash a la KINGDOM COME.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Maybe all the Flashes will surrender their individuality and fuse into a single Uber-Flash a la KINGDOM COME.

KC Flash was just Wally.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I don't see a Flash death happening.

Or the Hawkmen, Hawkwomen, and Hawkchildren in Zero Hour?

BANNED

Wouldn't killing off the real Wally piss off everyone and kinda undo the goodwill of Rebirth? I mean he is kinda the mascot of it.

Conversely, if fake Wally died, no one would care and many would actually celebrate. It's clear to some that fake Wally on the show didn't catch on any further after the mid season finale, so...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Wouldn't killing off the real Wally piss off everyone and kinda undo the goodwill of Rebirth? I mean he is kinda the mascot of it.

Conversely, if fake Wally died, no one would care and many would actually celebrate. It's clear to some that fake Wally on the show didn't catch on any further after the mid season finale, so...
    If New 52 Wally dies, expect a torrent of criticism that DC is racist...or at the very least, doesn't have the courage or conviction to be progressive.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Flash Prime

A flash sacrificing himself is terribly cliché at this point.

Enough people feel old-school-Wally has been so badly written since his "return" that they'd probably feel like killing him off would put that mistake out of their misery. (Then they could start complaining again about wanting the REAL red-headed Wally back along with all his history and glory.)

Conversely, if fake Wally died, no one would care . . .
    I'm assuming you have proof that NOT A SINGLE PERSON likes that character?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Enough people feel old-school-Wally has been so badly written since his "return" that they'd probably feel like killing him off would put that mistake out of their misery. (Then they could start complaining again about wanting the REAL red-headed Wally back along with all his history and glory.)

I'm assuming you have proof that NOT A SINGLE PERSON likes that character?
    A single person BESIDES Keiynan Lonsdale, lol?